main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Quinlan Vos

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JoeRichmondVA, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    For those who didn't know Quinlan was in the movies, here is a good screen cap:

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/quinlanvos/img/bts_bg.jpg]

2. Thumpy

Thumpy Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    that's a good find! I heard about that awhile back ago myself, which motivated me to watch Episode I again. It was especially timely since when I heard about it, I was also reading the Darkhorse Republic series and how Quinlin survived Order 66.

3. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Quin is the hotness.

4. ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2006
    Was i the one who told you about that? I forgot, I told someone about that a few weeks ago... [face_thinking]

It's not the same guy that you see at cons though - the guy at cons is just the model for the comics.

Meriwyn - your name changed colors!

5. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Tony I think you pointed him out at C4 to me, and I was like, who the heck is Quinlan Vos... I had never read the clone backstories and had no idea, so I paid no attention to the guy.

6. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Those DH Republic series are quite good. They further the story of Darth Vader as well in the immediate Order 66 aftermath. They continue to show Vader's killing spree against the Jedi. If I remember correctly, the comics tie in and lead up to James Luceno's Rise of Lord Vader.

7. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    I still say if it was Quinlan, why didn't Dude help out ole Qui-Gon and how come Maul didn't go after him? I know, I know...[face_talk_hand]

8. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Not knowing the exact timeline of EU events as they coincide with the screen story, Quinlin lost his memory while on a secret mission for the Jedi Order.

at some point, he was tempted by the dark-side.

That may have something to do with it as to why he didn't get involved with Qui-Gon or Darth Maul.

9. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I saw that someone asked about that in one of the Insider issues, and the response was that the individual in the screen cap was not Quinlin, but it is who they got the idea for Quinlin from. So go figure. lol

10. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Another Vos makes sense to me.

But hey, either way it is still pretty cool eh?

11. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    heck yea, thats my favorite Jedi

12. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I'm dressed up for Halloween hehe.

13. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Happy Halloween! I too wasnt much aware of Master Voss until about the time ROTS came out and another freind said he was mentioned by OBI in the movie! Right now he can be found on the pegs of most any local toy store as an action figure packed with a comic book!

14. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    I play SW-minis on occasion. I've used Quinlin I think 2 times. He's let me down everytime.

But then again, going up against Darth Vader - Jedi Hunter, most of the Jedi characters get cut down pretty easily. The DV - Jedi Hunter has got silly Triple Attack, which is very hard to fend off, even for combined attacks from powerful characters like Mace, Yoda, and Kenobi!

15. James3

Apr 7, 2006
  16. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Well, we're having a general discussion about Quinlin Vos - his EU role, his reference in the movie(s), action figures, etc.

I thought adding an RPG perspective of the character to this discussion would be another way to look at him.

His powers in SW-minis is not all that. His Hit Points is up there with other Jedi fodder like Ayla Secura, Plo Koon, Luminra Unduli, etc. And he only has Single Attacks. He'll get trounced when going up against Maul, Vader, Sidious, etc.

Didn't mean to go off on a tangent, James.

17. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    No worries dude. I am just ignorant of these minis you speak of.[face_pumpkin]

18. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    I actually thought it was cool to see how he rates in the RPG. That is a whole world I am unfamiliar with, although I know there are some local RP'rs here.

19. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Try playing one game, preferrably with someone with some experience (and patience to teach others).

You will get hooked, and you don't need a D&D background to adapt to this sort of mini-RPG. I started playing in 2005 with guys in my FanForce, and we get together every so often to play. It makes for a good night with pizza and beer/wine. A game can last 1 hour up to 3 or 4 hours - just depends on the # of characters you wish to play. The creativity of developing a competitive character squad is where the fun and challenges lay. The strongest squad i've created - the one that's been winning last few skirmishes - contains Darth Vader - Jedi Hunter (There are several renditions of Vader from different game sets; Jedi Hunter type is the strongest that I know of), some heavy stormtroopers, General Veers, Shadow troopers, and some other Imperial types. In every side, you can develop a very strong group, e.g. Rebel, Imperial, Republic, Separatists, New Republic, EU's Yuzhan Vong, Fringe, Spaceships, Bounty Hunters, etc.

Knowing how to use a character in tandem with other characters is really how one can win or lose the game. The game is complex, but simple enough if you're willing to learn some of the basic rules governing attacks, movement, defenses, and hit points of a character.

The card of each SW mini governs that character's actions, so you don't have to memorize anything. Just have to have a rulebook to re-familiaze yourself with those general rules and exceptions.

And you can play different scenarios like Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, or Death Melee. Each scenario generally requires a different strategy, that's dictated by the various maps that are available.

It's awesome!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.