main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Quinlan Vos

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by darthtimetraveller, Oct 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    I really like this character, and think he has lots of potential as a Jedi hero people/fans could grow to love. I'm secretly hoping he survived the Jedi Purge/Order 66. I'd love to see a Quinlan Vos Movie/duology or even trilogy. Anyone else? What are your thoughts?

whostheBossk and Force22 like this.
  2. Spenno

Spenno Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 1, 2015
    What's the relevance? Is he confirmed for Rogue One, which I thought was Jedi free?

3. darthtimetraveller

Aug 9, 2015
    I'm wondering what fans would think of a Quinlan Vos Anthology film(s)?

4. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    This forum is for all kinds of Anthology films (confirmed, unconfirmed or fan ideas), and not exclusive for Rogue One.

I'd like to see Quinlan Vos in any kind of Anthology film. He's my favourite EU character by far.

5. darthtimetraveller

Aug 9, 2015

Thanks Jonipoon! He's my favorite as well. I think Vos has potential to become a HUGE fan favorite if given the chance.

6. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Good god no.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I want to see this happen just so I can see what Davak24 reaction is

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  8. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    You are willing for a movie about Surfer Dude Vos to be made, just to see me freak out?

9. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    I kind of doubt it. They want Anthologies connected to the films. It's unlikely the general audiences are familiar enough with Quinlan Vos' CW appearance to warrant a solo film.

10. DjangoKet

DjangoKet Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 15, 2015
    Idk man, it seems TFA is an effort to rub the tummies of OT fans, sooner or later theres bound to be a spin off to pacify/win back those who are loyal to the legends EU.
    Personally if theres a way they can write him in without compromising the new continuity then id be all for it, hes a cool guy.
    Although if theres to be one person they bring back into canon i want it to be Kyle Katarn. :p

11. Count Zero

Jul 20, 2014

Then they need to do that with Rebels or something like that (And they have enough Jedi in Rebels). Fans loyal to (or even familiar with) the Legends EU are a serious minority in the general audience. Most fans don't gobble everything SW related up unless you're talking about Superfans, and those are a tiny, tiny, minority that one could go broke trying to appease. As far as Vos goes, i think they missed the boat on him by not having him as more of a presence in Clone Wars.

As for Katarn, we'll have to wait for the backstory to TFA to see if he can even fit in. Might be the best we can hope for is a new character in Episode VIII, IX, or X onward that is based on the LEU character.

Thomo93 likes this.
  12. darthtimetraveller

Aug 9, 2015
    I'd like to see Vos show up in Rebels, either working with Ahsoka, or leading his own band of Rebels in some other part of the GFFA. I'd also like to see his character altered from what we got in TCW to something more along the lines of a serious-minded seriously badass Native American warrior type Jedi! Also, Imo he should fight classic Florentine/two-handed style, similar to Ahsoka, with either a full-length lightsaber and a short saber, or a lightsaber and lightaxe or specialized lightdagger, or any combination of those. I think it'd be pretty cool, and it'd be a nice shout out to Native American Star Wars fans as well.

13. Count Zero

Jul 20, 2014
    lightaxe?

14. darthtimetraveller

Aug 9, 2015
    [​IMG]

Light Axe or plasma tomahawk - Something like what the guy on the right has, but a slightly smaller one-handed version of it.

15. Count Zero

Jul 20, 2014
    If they ever did have a Native American Jedi i *really* hope they don't have him using a friggin' TOMAHAWK. I'm Pawnee, and these stupid generalizations annoy the living crap out of me. Might as well go to Oklahoma and ask where the teepees are.

16. darthtimetraveller

Aug 9, 2015
    I'm Mohawk, and i'm not generalizing or offended by the idea, i think it'd be a cool looking weapon. A plasma bladed single-hand axe (tomahawk-like) would be cool and unique imo, but i'd be fine with 2 lightsabers. Just a thought anyway.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  17. VeryMacabre

VeryMacabre Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 25, 2015
    I'm with you, I love Katarn. That said, I feel like Finn is our canon Katarn now. Ex-Stormtrooper turns Jedi and all that.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

DjangoKet likes this.
  18. DjangoKet

DjangoKet Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 15, 2015
    Jedi? hes no Jedi, just a guy with a lightsabre and a few questions. . .

19. Zef

Zef Jedi Knight

Oct 26, 2015

I WISH! His survival should be canon.

20. darthtimetraveller

Aug 9, 2015
    My Quinlan Vos Anthology would have him sent on a secret mission into the Beyond just before the end of RotS. The basic story - During the events of RotS, at some point before Order 66 was issued, the existence of this Beyond is discovered by the Jedi, and certain members of the council order Master Vos to leave Boz Pity and return to the Temple for reassignment. Yoda and Mace Windu send Vos and his newly assigned Padawan on a secret mission into the Beyond. The mission is kept secret, highly classified, and only Yoda and Mace Windu, (and perhaps 1 or 2 other members of the Council) are aware of it's existence..........

21. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    That sounds a little bit too sci-fi-esque if you ask me. Star Wars is a space fantasy, not some Stanley Kubrick thinkpiece.

22. darthtimetraveller

Aug 9, 2015
    Huh?! How is that a "think piece" exactly? ...but hey, thanks for comparing my idea to something Stanley Kubric-esque lol.

23. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Never mind. Was a rant and this isn't the place for it.

24. darthtimetraveller

Aug 9, 2015
    I'm just saying that i think a Quinlan Vos film would be pretty cool....and i think it'd catch on. The character has huge potential.

25. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I haven't read much of Vos' EU exploits, but was there any explanation why he was Tatooine during TPM?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.