main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Quinlan Vos

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by darthtimetraveller, Oct 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    I believe he was on a secret mission to make TPM a little more tolerable lol.

Darth Formidious likes this.
  2. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015

Another interesting factoid about Vos is that he is the only Jedi of his generation to possess the extremely unique Force power of Psychometry. The only other character in Star Wars that possesses this power that we know of is Maz Kanata.

Darth Formidious likes this.
  3. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I'd prefer this happen in rebels or a comic or book.

Thomo93 likes this.
  4. Gio 117

Gio 117 Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2014
    Personally, I can't stand the character.

5. Thomo93

Thomo93 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 27, 2015
    I really like Quilon Vos's character & given that he is so popular with massive EU fans, myself included. I'd really like to know if he indeed survived order 66 & what his life was like after that if he did live on afterwards. But I do agree a lot of what CountZero was saying by ''Fans loyal to (or even familiar with) the Legends EU are a serious minority in the general audience. Most fans don't gobble everything SW related up unless you're talking about Superfans, and those are a tiny, tiny, minority that one could go broke trying to appease. As far as Vos goes, i think they missed the boat on him by not having him as more of a presence in Clone Wars.'' To me, that all makes perfect sense as to why they probably won't include him in the new films just simply because not everyone is familiar with him from the PT.

I think they should continue his story in other formats like comics, novels or maybe bring him back in Star Wars Rebels if possible. Like what they did with in in Dark Disiple, even though that novel was based on unused scripts from the Clone Wars Tv series. But this time, if he still live on. Detail what he was up to post order 66, the Jedi Order & The Republic :)

6. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    Quinlan Vos has been brought into canon in the novel Dark Disciple :D ....and fortunately they've moved away from that surfer version of him they depicted in the Clone Wars and back to the version in the EU comics. o_O

[​IMG]

They've stopped short of mentioning what happens to him post order 66 but if what he says is anything to go by, it looks like he is on a mission to live and fight the darkness....so we'll definitely see him either in some TV show, book or movie anthology.

Also, isn't Rey the one who uses psychometry and connects to the unifying force when she touches the legacy lightsaber? Maz shows telekinetic powers in a deleted scene and only claims to know how the force works....no touching objects and getting visions.

Duke Vadewalker likes this.
  7. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I'd like Vos to show up in Rebels, or a comic or something. Maybe meet his fate by Vaders hand

8. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    But he already got a whole book...

9. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    That's good. I read all of the Clone Wars comics by Dark Horse, and I always loved Quinlan's mature character and story arc. His portrayal in TCW was a disgrace, they made him act so immature and overly jocular.

panki likes this.
  10. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    The book primarily closes the story arc of Asajj Ventress but they leave the ending up in the air for Quinlan....they talk about how he is determined to fight the darkness....also, Asajj has a vision where a decision she takes would have an impact far into the future and bring balance....so I think this definitely has something to do with Vos surviving order 66 and having more adventures.

ConservativeJedi321..... Vader would have a tough time fighting Vos...... if Vos used the Vaapad form during their duel, he could channel Vader's rage right back at him in addition to his own inner rage.....Vos managed to kill Sora Bulq (the co-creator of that style) so we cannot underestimate him even in a duel against Vader.

11. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    I like the character, he's refreshing from the more mainstream Jedi and their humourless nature. Vos has an aura of casualness and comedy about him, which would be great for a movie of course.

But the issue is, where can he fit in? :confused:

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  12. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    I really enjoyed Dark Disciple... would love to see the character again in some form or another. He's one of my favorite EU characters and (to me) one of the most intriguing.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  13. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I would like to see him in a spin off, as long as its set in dark times pre-Rebels. I don't think he should survive in the later years of that era.

Darth Vader can kill him off.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  14. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    I've said it before on another thread but they should just get a mulligan on Vos and start animating the Republic comics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.