main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Quote on collecting: "When a habit begins to cost money, it?s called a hobby."

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    For Christmas I got an Ultimate Visual Dictionary for ROTS, an M&M container with holographic Anakin/Vader, SW monopoly

And I finally bit the bullet and just bought an ipod. 60 GB video ipod. Why does that relate to SW? I enscribed the back of it with: May the Force be with you.

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    APL, my iPod says the same thing (and has my screen name) so I completely relate. I am so jealous! I want the video iPod but mine is perfectly fine and I can't sell it because of the inscription (well, I don't want to sell it any way).

I got a lot of Star Wars stuff for Christmas - the Pez collection, books, and way too much to list here (mostly because I can't remember everything). Yeah!

3. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I'm not understanding the appeal of the video iPod. You want to watch TV on a 2 inch screen?

4. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    My brother just got one himself and he loves it. I have a co-worker with one also. I guess if you take public transportation or travel it's cool because you can watch shows on the way. I wonder if you can download the files from dvds.

5. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    When you don't want to fall asleep in the photo "edit" room at the Buzz lightyear ride, that's when I wanna watch stuff on a small screen.

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I had to put a lot of my collection in the attic to keep it from prying eyes. I'll drag them out after our housepest leaves. It makes me sad to see all that stuff there. I need to reorganize my stuff. I'm not looking forward to that.

7. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I saw the new "Saga Collection" figures at Target today. I really shouldn't be buying any of them right now.. all my money needs to be saved for this money pit called "The House". Life sucks. :_|

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    OHH! Pick them up for me, JR! Not that I should be buying them either but they do look cool.

9. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Can someone please keep an eye out for the scorch figure for me?

10. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I am not looking at this thread. I'm not looking at this thread. I'm not looking at this thread.

11. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    They Toys R Us near me is going out of business. Your results may vary.

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    OK, the only thing I'm collecting now is Gentle Giant stuff. I thought they had made just about everything so I was safe then today they sent an email releasing their newest sculpt the Salacious Crumb mini bust with a C-3PO head with blinking eye.

How could I say no?

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Okay, so my co-worker came in today with some Saga figs for me. They are the Snowtrooper, Leia in the Boushh disguise and Han with the Carbonite slab. They come with holographic miniature figures. They are adult Boba, ROTS Ben, and kick butt Yoda. They are pretty cool.

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Are they really really cool? I still haven't finished the ROTS line yet. I couldn't find many of the later figures. Though I didn't look very hard as I normally do. I can't look at this thread.

15. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
  16. vampireanneke

vampireanneke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    Collecting....... I won't go into what my collection consists up...but I collect Amidala. I will mention what I got for Christmas...

both DVDs of the clone wars (had been watching them via the roommate's copys)
    boxed set of the original trilogy DVDs widescreen version (I had bought fullscreen by mistake when they first came out...so now I geekily have both. Bringing my total number of copies of the original SW trilogy to 4. 2 VHS, 2 DVD)
    My sister bought me the talking Yoda, but he creeped me out to much so I returned him. (Yes I know it's wrong, but darn it I had no room for him.)

My older sister had made for me a one of a kind piece of 'art'. It consists of a lithograph/poster from 2005 Star Wars Weekends, mounted in a frame, with a clear layer protecting it, with another clear layer above that, which has a large collection of the Disneyland Star Wars Pins that have come out, attached to the plastic. Then another clear layer of plastic, then the glass to protect/seal the whole thing. So it's a giant picture with the pins flying around on it. It's hard to describe but it's beautiful and HEAVY! I still haven't gotten the special drywall screws up yet to hang it. I need to take pictures of it to show people.

That's it. My family has learned Star Wars is a nice default gift for me.

Emperoress Palpatine (Anneke)

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Our leader ValedaKor is a Padme collector and pretty much has everything ever made with her likeness. You two should compare notes on your collections.

18. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Yeah, VA, we'll have to compare notes. I've got a roomful of Amidala/Padme items. My New Year's resolution is I am absolutely going to have everything photographed and cataloged by Comic-Con, so that I can show the book to Sansweet and Mary Franklin. That's my goal, anyway :).

19. vampireanneke

Jan 19, 2002
    I sort of slacked off abit with the 2nd and 3rd movies (with the random items). But I am worse then most people because I have 2 of each of the dolls and figures, just so I can open one and play with it, the other one kept safely packed away.

My prize piece that sits upon the TV Cabinate is the Porcellian Amidala doll with Truck case. (I spent an entire christmas bonus and then some for it.)

I really want to buy or make the custom dolls so I'll have a full set of Amidala's outfits, but the cost and/or time is to much.

Beyond the Amidala stuff I sort of inherited my parent's Star Wars collection (but the stuff is still at their house). Which consists of action figures and such. We even still have a rather beat up deathstar playset.

I also have some other very rare pieces...the rarest is the Christmas card that Lucas Films sent out in 1977. I also have actual slides from the movies, and haven't figured out where they came from. These items were bought at a garage sale where a mother got rid of her son's stuff. (her son having worked on the films). Okay I'm rambling.

20. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I have one of those, too! I think mine is #758 or something, I'll have to look it up.

That's a major part of the collection, plus the QA purse from Katherine Baumann and the Limoge QA figurine. Those are cool, I must admit.

21. vampireanneke

Jan 19, 2002
    WOW! You have the purse. That was abit out of my range. And what is the Limoge QA figurine?

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    As SR mentioned, VK has a very large collection. I don't think there's anything Padme out there that she does not have. It's really impressive.

I like the mini holographic figs but then again, when it comes to collecting I don't really discriminate.

Sorry, JR. [face_dancing]

Okay, so Skywalker wine is available for sale again. I already have it. Is it worth buying another set and spending an extra $15 to get the special wood box?

23. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I added two Star Wars Candy dishes and both clone wars volumes to my collection. Oh also a set of SW pez dispensers.

All gifts.

24. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    I have the Pez set but where did you get the candy dish? It could go with my Vader cookie jar (thanks, JR, for telling me it was at Target).

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I got a Bib Fortuna Saga fig yesterday. I forgot who the holo mini is.

Sorry, Go Steelers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.