main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Quote on collecting: "When a habit begins to cost money, it?s called a hobby."

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I don't know where they came from since they were gifts, but they are really nice, one is vader and the other is 3PO. They come with M&Ms in them and are not plastic, maybe metal. I have pictures of them from my place in portland.

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I purchased an ATAT driver with a mini Maul and a SpudTrooper today. Yeah!

Go Steelers!

3. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    Ok DH, lets bet on the game!

Since I am an offical North Westerner now I'm going for the SeaHawks.

4. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I'm don't have much SW stuff yet, but I did just finish getting all 6 SW watches from BK. I'm planning to get 2 more sets, so that I can have a secret santa present this year for the christmas party, and another set I can keep in the tins. Once I get my own place, I'm planning to have seperate areas for my anime (Robotech and Gundam)mecha's, Simpsons toys and Star Wars collectables.

Can you say nerd.....?

5. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    JT, I never bet against my team, no matter what. Of course certain sports betting in California is against the law. We'll have to discuss this in another forum but I'll take that bet. Shall we say the winner gets special drinks?

Go Steelers!

6. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    I was about to say we should have a superbowl? party, but I have to work that sunday. :(

Special drinks it is!

Go SeaHawks!

[image=http://www.interobang.com/images/tickets/nfl/seattle_seahawks.gif]

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Bring it! Of course, I don't imbibe so I'm going to have to start (kidding)!

[image=http://rap.midco.net/phandnot/steelers_logo.jpg]

Go Steelers!

8. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    The latest SW toy -- Transformers.

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/AnakinTransformer.jpg]

There's also a new tater:

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/ec3f5640.jpg]

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I must have that tater!

10. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I will probably be getting the Transformers line of Star Wars stuff. I know I said I was only going to stick with Gentle Giant, but I have a very large vintage Transformers collection and I would like these to go along with them. I haven't made it to a store in a while to check on them. Maybe sometime this week. I don't even know how much they run.

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I am glad to say that I am staying well the heck away from the transformers. The last thing I need right now is to spend more money.

12. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    More new stuff, from the EE newsletter:

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/Monopoly.jpg]

Contains all six movies. If they had a Padme icon I would be so buying this; alas, there is not.

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/Y-Wing.jpg]

This is majorly awesome. Almost 3 feet in length. Of course, it's $800. Ah, well.

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I could get the monopoly. Because I've played that $50 dvd game so many times now. That's sarcasm. We all bought a copy but have we ever had a party yet were we play the darn thing? No.

MR sent out another email today saying if I buy 2 sabers the next is free. I will meditate on that one. I need the Luke Jedi, Mace, and Vader. It would complete my set. I would then have every color. But $240 is a lot to spend but not near as much as $800. Good thing I don't do the vehicles. JJ may want this one though.

14. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    If all you need are the three, SR, I think you need to do it. One for free... not bad.

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    JR DH, did you guys finish the Ep III line of basic figures? I lack a few and because I'm a completist I was thinking about finishing up. I really only lack the last wave I guess. Just curious. I haven't been to a toy store in months.

16. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    No I didn't finish the Episode III line because.. well, I stopped looking out of guilt. I'm lacking the "final 12". Really, the only collection that I have complete is the blue-carded Saga collection. I don't even have all the OTC figures, I'm only missing the Tusken Raider though.

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I also was unable to finish as I just can't get out to the stores and my co-worker hasn't been bringing in stuff for me.

My mail in early bird figs came in the other day. I kept forgetting to turn in my certificate until the very last moment. I'm just glad I was able to get them.

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Yesterday, while picking up some stuff at Target, I picked up all of the new Galactic Heros. Some of them are pretty cool.

I also picked up the little Unleashed figs for my padawan for battling purposes.

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    This weekend, I was ready to lay down cash money for some Star Wars stuff and couldn't find a thing anywhere worth having! I went to Target and TRU and all they had were lightsabers and those weird shaped Force Battlers or whatever they're called. The only basic figure I found was the Ep III Nemoidian warrior and about 15 of those.

Also, while cleaning I broke my Asajj Ventress Clone Wars maquette. I wanted to cry. It is just the lightsaber which I hope I can super glue back together. It was a bad design that they did with the first wave of maquettes like Asajj and Obi-Wan. There lightsabers are made from a brittle plastic however the second wave with Anakin and Luminara/Barriss have a metal reinforcement. I want to wrtie GG and tell them to make replacement sabers for Obi and Asajj that are constructed better.

20. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    That sucks SR!! I hate it when I break my stuff. I try to be so careful, but yet it breaks. I've been secretly buying some new Saga figs. So far, I have Major Derlin, Gen. Veers, AT-AT Driver, Power Droid, and Yoda. In an effort to cut-down my spending, I am not going to buy any repacks or any "kit-bashed" figures. I saw Poggle the Lesser and Sun Fac, which I think are new, although I think they were in those Geonosian War Room sets.

21. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Skyryder, save your money . . . all of it. Here's Gentle Giants stuff from toyfair. $$$$$
    includes this beauty:
    [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2006/tf06-GGSminibusts/IMG_0037.JPG]

And more clone wars style maquettes
    including people that weren't actually in the clone wars:
    [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2006/tf06-GGSanimated/IMG_0102.JPG]

22. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    And this... be still my heart!

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/Padmeplusr2.jpg]

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Totally bought. No questions, do not look any further. I'm going to save my money. Thanks CBM and VK.

No silly basic figs for me that will go in a box (at least not yet). GG is all I want.

24. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I decided that to save money, I'll just go to Skyryder's house more often. :D

25. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    That Mara one is pretty freakin sweet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.