LA, CA Quote on collecting: "When a habit begins to cost money, it?s called a hobby."

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Boba Fett looked awesome! Yeah, I think I'll just go to SR's too and enjoy his collection, maybe turn it into a lending library where I can take home a GG fig every so often, sigh...
  2. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't know where I'm going to display them all. Is it bad if I took down the photos of my family and replaced them with these busts and statues?

Currently on order from EE
    Boba Fett 12in statue
    Emperor Bust
    Lando in Skiff guard Bust
    Darth Maul 12in statue
    Luke on Tauntaun 12in statue

I don't have the complete set though. I'm missing most of the early stuff the busts without arms and the exclusives except Luke in Stormtrooper. I would rather them make new busts with arms of Obi Anakin and Padme. A new Jango would be good too. Sorry JB, but they have two Yodas already not counting the Clone Wars maquette. I don't see why they are doing another one.
  3. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Small victories... I have been searching for this since 2000:

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/Sebulba.jpg]

It will be mine in a few days... yeah, I'm crazy 8-}.

4. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Did you find it off Ebay? I thought Ebay was supposed to have everything but darn it, I was searching for some GG stuff I missed and they didn't have anything. No one is selling there GG stuff. I wouldn't either but still. They should for me.
  5. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Nope, got it on eBay. I search for stuff everyday (my Favorite Searches list is very long LOL), and came across it. Snatched it up right away.

Have you tried this site for GG stuff? May not be what you need, though:

Yes Animation

And there is a guy on eBay selling his whole GG collection. The link won't post, but his seller name is mdreese.
  6. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Today I acquired two Boba Fett Saga figs. One has a mini holo stormtrooper and the other has a mini holo Vader.
  7. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thanks VK. I actually have everything from that link you provided. I did notice the guy selling his whole collection. I lost out on the auction yesterday for the Anakin. Most of his auctions end during my commute home each night so it was hard to stay up on it.

If I had my car this week I would venture out to the local Culver City stores but it isn't my turn to drive. Maybe next week.

I did receive yesterday a few old TPB that I was missing from a long time ago.
  8. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    SR -- one word -- esnipe (actually, there are a lot of sniping bots you can use. Some of them are free).
  9. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have to admit I use esnipe also, though there are times where my max bid is still too low.

I was thinking of that Stormtrooper. Is it a good deal and is the guy reputable or am I better off buying it from EE?
  10. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thanks VK, I'm now watching 10 Ebay auction dealing with GG stuff. There is a Padme going for only $1 right now. Don't any of you people bid on it or I will end your life. Most are out of my price range right now but I want to see what they end up going for. I really wish I had gotten some of the Clone Troopers they are very pricey now.
  11. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
  12. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, VK you may bid on Padme. But I'm sure you already have one.
  13. Hew-Laa_Rayy Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have one of those $100 Luke Skywalker lightsabers thanks to Christmas. I have nothing else to add, just wanted to gloat. [face_dancing]

-HLR
  14. Jiltedtoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Here are some of the pics of my place in Beaverton, Or with some of my star wars stuff out in the living room. Candy dishes from Christmas and Wicket from DisneyWorld.

[image=http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/6899/pic010302062je.jpg]

[image=http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/1117/pic010302075yf.jpg]

[image=http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/9171/pic010302114ge.jpg]

Rest of the pics are in my Myspace blog.
  15. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It looks very pink. Where are the guns? Let's butch this up a little ok.
  16. Jiltedtoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I don't know what was up with my camera that day, everything has a pink haze to it.

Don't worry, I will throw some guns and blood around the place when I am up there in two weeks.
  17. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ok, I want to see manly decorations next week.
  18. Jiltedtoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Wait a second?! Are you saying my place isnt manly?

You should come up to Portland with us.
  19. Darth-Bubba Jedi Master

star 4
    to defend JT, although he is feminine and questionable in nature, his place does not look girly, its a cool. Very centrally located. Only problem is, he has but one pooper. Could be a problem if he has a party with more than 5 people. Of course, JT will not have more than 5 friends in (503) other the Naimans or extended Naiman family.

OK, it looks only a tad bit gay. Its cool, but damn, turn on the heater. It was cold in there.

Snowed today in Portland.

20. Elensara Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks like someone's house in MN. (odd/random)
    It looks nice. :)
  21. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm going to bring this back to collecting now.

So no one has bid on the items I'm watching currently. I'm first going for GG Jango, but if lose that I'm off to Padme, then Obi. Hopefully I won't lose out on all of those but if so I then have a C-3PO statue not the bust (I have that) that I originally passed on when it was offered but now I think I want it just to complete the line.

Also, I've found more pictures from Toy Fare and I've seen more than just the stuff that Rebelscum posted. There is also a statue of Obi-Wan non animated.

I want the Bustups now for my new desk here at work, but EE only sells them in packs and you can't pick which ones you want. So you could end up getting six of the same kind! I won't do that. I need to find a store that sells them individually. Since this is a three day weekend I'll have more time to look. I think I will be heading off to Meltdown sometime just to have a look around. I haven't been there in a while.
  22. Jiltedtoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok first off SR and Bubba have no taste.

Second, the pics are supposed to show my Star Wars candy dishes.

Third, thank you ES. :)

Fourth SR and Bubba have no taste.

Fifth I only turn on the heat for important people.

Sixth it's true I have no friends. :_|
  23. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Because JT and I really can't hijack the Valentine's Day thread with our discussion of trains I decided to take it here.

Assuming you are talking about the layout in that building in Travel Town, I have been there but I thought it was an N layout. My boss's boss's boss is a N-Scaler and belongs to a club in San Pedro. They have a fantastic layout.

One of my old bosses collects everything Lionel and was featured in a collectible toy and train magazine. He has a huge layout that occupies his entire basement. In fact, he bought the house with the idea that he would have to have room for his trains. His wife's stuff takes over the rest of the house. Any way, his layout had three or four stations sitting right next to each other. When I asked him why he had so many of the same stations sitting together and he told me that they were not the same and proceeded to point out the minute differences in each. I guess they would change the design of the station every year so you had to buy one each year, much like our repacks.

Another former co-worker of mine collects trains and all things train-related. He has a very extensive collection of railroad china, silverware,glassware, menus, matchbooks, soap, hangers, and whatever else is out there. He's also in the process of putting in his own riding train layout so he can chug through part of his property.

Trains are cool but they can get super expensive. I think the most I've ever spent for a loco is about $200 also. I got my shay at a discounted price (courtesy of my boss's boss's boss) and it was about $170. It's a sweet engine though. I've got a small shunting loco and a couple of other steam locos. I have one or two diesels but I'm not going to use them because I don't think my layout will be that contemporary. I've got logging cars and passenger cars and tons of tracks. I stopped buying train stuff a bunch of years ago but could not pass up the shay. I've been waiting for years for one. Mr. DH got me the D-Land set.

Oh, and if you ever feel like seeing a working shay in action, there is a place just outside of Yosemite where they run part of the old Sugar Pine line. It takes you up to a picnic area. You can disembark the train and walk around or stay on and ride back down.
  24. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ok, in the past month I've learned a lot about DH. First, she is a Steelers fan. Second, she is way into model trains. Both are cool. I just didn't know. I think I may have known about the trains but I didn't realize that it was that serious.

In other collecting news, I won my Jango Fett minibust on ebay today. I paid a little more than I wanted but there really weren't too many out there and some had reach over $300. I didn't pay that much. Now I'm off to get my Padme on Saturday. I'm won't bid as much as my fun account is now dried up. She was at a $1 for a long time but today is is up a little.
  25. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    SR, I'm like an onion, smelly and dirty. Seriously though, there is a reason I'm so poor all the time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.