main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Quote on collecting: "When a habit begins to cost money, it?s called a hobby."

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Gentle Giant exclusives at Comic-Con:

Deluxe Shock Trooper mini bust and Bust-Up
    Death Eater mini bust ? Lucius Malfoy
    Clash of the Titans rotocast figures 3-pack ? autographed by Ray Harryhausen
    2006 Tour Exclusive ? Darth Vader Bust-Up

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Shock Trooper here I come!!!!

3. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    So this morning I get an email from EE saying that Hasbro will start a new wave of VOTC figures. This will include a Greedo, Endor Han, and a Tusken Raider along with others. Also, if you send in three proofs of purchase you can get an exclusive George Lucas figure in Stormtrooper armor.

Why oh Why can't they just slow down a bit. They also had pictures of the Han and Chewbacca Transformers that fit together to form the Falcon. It looks so cool. I wants it! I want everything!

My roommate mentioned the fact that I have no more room for the GG figures. I've run out of coffee table book case and desk space for them. What he doesn't know is I got another bookcase that will be delivered on Friday and that means more shelf area!

4. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Three posts in a row!
    Jango is now mine!!! He is sitting next to Zam on the TV. They make such a cute couple.

5. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    :)
    I'm glad I can get some vicarious satisfaction through your acquisitions...

6. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    They make me happy. I don't know why, they just do.

7. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    SR, you are the coolest. I can't wait to see your newest acquisitions.

8. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I've been a busy ebayer this weekend. I've even sold a few things. Very easy that is except now I have to go to the post office.
    I won the Padme GG bust. It sat at $1 for the longest then on the last day it started to rise, but I won in the end.
    I also picked up some Clone Trooper bust ups but they were free after I sold some movie stuff I've picked up along the years at Sony. I'm thinking about selling the coffee table book and soundtrack we got for our Holiday present. I'd sell them together.

9. Varekeii

Varekeii Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    1:19 a.m., Skyrider? Sleep you do not?
    (Congrats on your cool purchases.)

10. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Wow, the site's being wonky this morning....

Anyway, Rebelscum has started up an interesting site. it's an opportunity to catalog what they call "high end collectibles," such as Sideshow, GG, Master Replicas, etcetera. Once you sign in your can catalog your collection and even see who has what numbered collectible. Here is the link:

Rebelscum Registry

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I signed up. I'll start adding stuff soon.

12. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Just got this in today, from my Japanese supplier:

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/AmidalaPepsi.jpg]

The picture could be better... LOL

She's about 4 inches tall, and plays the SW overture for about ten seconds, then says, "my fate will be no different from that of our people." It's also actually a bottle cap.

13. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    That's cool VK! I have some AOTC Pepsi bottlecaps that my wife's friend gave me. They aren't 4" tall though, nor do they do anything electronic.

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Excellent find VK. Well I got me some Padme today as well. My ebay stuff that I won came today. I got my GG Padme bust and my Clone Trooper bust ups collection. I also finished up my BK Toys. I have both complete sets now. That's 48 total. Now when I get my new desk when I get my promotion I will display them all. I figure they were super cheap so if they disappear it won't be a huge loss.

15. vampireanneke

vampireanneke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    Well I finally have something to post...

Recently I bought an FX Lightsaber, Anakin Ep. III version. (GRIN)

I need to get that bottle cap of Amidala. I adore EP. I Amidala, and that quote is one of my favorites.

-Anneke

16. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Not really something positive, but last night when I went to buy 2 sets of SW watches from Burger King, my card didn't go through :_| but I know of another that has all of them, I will try my luck tonight.

17. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Do they still have those watches? I would like a Darth Maul one.

18. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Has anyone seen the 'scorch' Saga collection figure?

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I haven't seen anything at my local stores.

20. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I don't do much figure hunting, but I do check Target and Wal-Mart when I do go. I don't see anything beyond the Hoth figures still.

21. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I never see anything. I want those transformer figures and I haven't seen a one. I'm almost willing to buy online for them now. Also I get worried about not getting the new figures now and then wanting them later.

22. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I saw the Transformers at my local Target. If I see them again, I'll give you a call.
    Man, too bad I didn't win the Mega Millions last night. There's so many things I want. I didn't win because I forgot to buy a ticket.

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Thanks JR, and it does help to buy a ticket. Or so I've heard.

24. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I've seen the transformers all over the place also. I refuse to buy them though.

I got a Vader Shampoo bottle and a Boba Fett cable holder from a good friend of mine. Thanks!

I also purchased Vader and R2 Saga figs from my co-worker. The mini holos are a Rebel Trooper and Luke, respectively.

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I guess I just need to get out more. Every Friday that I set aside to go out to the Culver City stores gets bumped. Like this week I can't go because I didn't drive the car pool next week it's my turn to drive but I'm off on Friday. Wait I'm off on Friday. That means I can go anywhere!

In other collecting news, I pre ordered the EE GG exclusive. It is Burnt Vader. I'm really not happy with it because it uses a previous Vader body and replaces just the head with the burnt face. I hate when they just butcher old sculpts to make new ones. It's like the Luke in Stormtrooper outfit. It's the body of the Stormtrooper with the exact same head as X-Wing Luke. I can't sit them next to each other because it looks creepy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.