main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Quote on collecting: "When a habit begins to cost money, it?s called a hobby."

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Maximus

Lord-Maximus Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2005
    Weird. My iPod (15 Gig) is a couple of years old and works like a beaut' when I run. I run everyday on a treadmill at work for 20 minutes and it rarely skips (when it does, it always takes about 30 seconds to recoup itself but then goes right back where it left off on whatever song I was listening to. And I have an awesome armband (made by Marware) that I got directly from an employee of an Apple store that fits around my arm (bicep), keeping the iPod pretty secure from any vibrations and kicks all sorts of butt!

SR, make sure you are tightening your iPod securly if using an armband, otherwise if you are running and trying to hold it, best of luck, that's the problem - I tried it that way and had the same problem (plus it distracts you from running)! I hope your roommate showed you how to reset your iPod as it's a handy way to "kick it in the shins" when it's acting up.

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Wait a minute! When do you go to the gym! Lunchtime? I'll have to check up on you. I'm never running with it again. I have learned the special button push sequence to get it up and going again.

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Today I got the second set of Lego mini fig magnets. They are cool.

4. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I just got a message from StarWarsShop.com saying that my order has shipped. But the sad part is since I order so much I have no idea what it could be.

5. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I just ordered the giant postcard of Ani, Padme, Luke, and Leia aka The Family Picture off ebay. My first ebay purchase ever at $3.25! And it's for my friend Quaneesha who couldn't find it at the Star Trader. (no message board name for her...sorry)

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I ordered a General Kenobi Sericel (or something like that) and a set of pewter Christmas ornaments (the helmets). I need help.

7. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Did any of you (DH, SR) send in that Wal*Mart Early Bird Kit thing? I didn't!! I forgot all about it.

8. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I did and I'm waiting and waiting and waiting.

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I got the remaining three figures (48-50) this weekend.

No, I forgot. I have to do it tonight. We have until December, right?

10. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I picked up the new Darth Vader Unleashed this weekend. What confounds me are all the pictures I see of Vader in "action" poses but in the movie, he's more sedentary than in any other movie.

11. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    I just bought a Lego anakin from CBM's store, asked for you but you weren't there then, of Anakin for my keychain.

most twisted lego set ever: help rebuild Darth Vader/Anakin set. You take off the helmet and Anakin is all bloody. So psycho, but so cool.

12. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Tell Me Liz, you are getting this...

http://www.rebelscum.com/mrminiyodaROTSdarkchrome.asp

$35.00, how can you say no.

13. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Oh yes! My contact at MR called on Saturday to give me the "heads up" on the Yoda saber! Whoo-hoooooo!

14. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    I just bought KOTOR for my pc. Yeah....yeah...I know that's probably not collecting but it is a habit. I'm starting to really like it. I wish I were a Jedi already though. I'm still a scoundrel or something. and my computer keeps stopping when I'm in the "underworld of taris". weirdness.

15. CountDuku3126

CountDuku3126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    Does buying like every Star Wars video game and a bunch of Star Wars stuff on my phone count as collecting?

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Anything you purchase that is Star Wars related is considered part of our collecting thread.

17. Lord-Maximus

Lord-Maximus Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2005
    Curious, has anyone purchased the new Darth Vader Supremem Edition costume (or know someone who has)? I realllllllllly want to get one but don't want to shell out $650 before I know it rocks. I spoke to one guy who got it and swears by it, but I only trust LAFF members on SW items. Man, it would rock and I could by a manequin to put it on when I don't wear it!

18. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Don't ask me about collecting. I'm even going to skip the Hasbro presentation. I'm staying away from that addiction (at least for the time being). I just paid off my car not too long ago and that extra cash plus working overtime and the possiblity of another promotion will... oh no I better stop now.

19. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Lord-Maximus,
    I've seen the Supreme Edition Darth Vader costume, and it is pretty nice for a store bought costume. It's not something that will get you into the 501st or anything, but I think it's good enough if you want to wear it for Halloween or some other costume party. It would look good on a mannequin also. You should try to see it in person first though before shelling out the money.

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    A co-worker gave me a BK Wampa and Vader's Tie for my desk. I have quite a collection of toys on my desk.

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I picked up my Hallmark Star Wars ornaments this weekend. They were Leia in the metal bikini, Vader, Anakin's Jedi Starfighter, a clone trooper, and minis of the Millennium Falcon and Vader's Tie.

I also put two stickers on my car. One is a white Rebel emblem and the other is a white Imperial emblem. JR, do you still have more vinyl stickers? If so, can I purchase the Boba Fetts in white?

22. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Are those stickers the ones I gave you? I still have boba fett's thing in white.. I think. It's been a while since I made stickers.

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Yes, they are. Thanks.

24. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I received a bunch of REALLY COOL Star Wars stuff from Japan. I have to take pictures of them and post them here because they have to be seen to be appreciated.

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    They are allowing people to preview the items that will be going on the auction block. Among the items are several Star Wars items. Anyone wanna go also? I was going to try to see if I can arrange for an appointment maybe next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.