main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Quote on collecting: "When a habit begins to cost money, it?s called a hobby."

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Wednesday is the last day. The auction starts Thursday. I made a reservation for Monday afternoon but had to cancel. Go to profiles in history There is a phone number. Either that or I'll see if I still have the info at work.

2. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Wow.. there are some pretty spectacular items in that auction. Man, if I didn't have to get married and all of that..

http://search.liveauctions.ebay.com/search/search.dll?GetResult&ht=11&ctlgid=17682&lc=1&ccn=Entertainment&ahid=1457&schid=

Star Wars stuff is on pages 3-5. Simply awesome.
    I personally wouldn't mind having the lightsabers or pieces of the Death Star, or the X-wing model.

3. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    If I wake up early enough on Saturday I'm going to try to find some new figs. I can't stand it.

4. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I'm getting ready to watch the eBay Live auction today, and see what the SW items go for.

5. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Luke's lightsaber just went for $170,000.

His X-wing flight suit -- $60,000.

Chewbacca's face mask -- $42,500.

Stormtrooper costume - $17,000.

Wall section from Tantive IV -- $2,750.00.

Stormtrooper blaster -- $47,500.

TaunTaun latex appliance -- $15,000.

Rodian hand -- $2,500.00.

Yoda head and hands from ESB -- $8,000.00.

Yoda's walking cane -- $42,500.

Yoda's flute -- $10,000.

Vader's lightsaber from ESB -- $100,000.

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Good Gosh! Man! I can't even imagine what it would be like to have that kind of disposible income. Sigh...

7. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I got a new phone with a Star Wars background and a Battle of the Heroes ringtone.

8. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Just to offset these obscene amounts of money spent on SW stuff, I am happy to have picked up those sorta cheezy coins that came with the lottery tickets or whatever. Last month they were at the liquor store in the display case below counter gathering dust and I got the set for like two bucks.

9. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    The bigger questions here is why were you at the liquor store?

10. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Is an original Snaggle Tooth, mint condition, first edition, really worth $3.400.00 ?
    A guy at KB told me his was.

Also, KB has the 12 Inch original edition large figures, the ones from early 80's.

11. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Okay, Mr.Smartypants, this liquor store is right next to the baseball field and I was buying GATORADE! And to think I was considering buying you a coin. Where's the love?!

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I can't believe I'm going to post something new I got after a couple months of rest. Today I got me another Gentle Giant figure to go with my collection of other things to dust. Leia in Boush (sp?) Disguise. I haven't opened it yet because I picked it up on my way to work.

I didn't really think you were out drinking DM. In Hollywood I went to the liquor store to buy ice cream.

13. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    That's sound's cool SR, does the Boushh helmet come off to reveal Leia?
    Anyway, I picked up #51 Captain Antilles figure, a Han Solo Cup and Fig., and a Clone Trooper toy blaster (it's the same as the Stormtrooper blaster).

Oh, and DB, the only Snaggletooth that's worth $3,500 (I doubt anyone will pay that much for it but.. who knows) is what's known as Blue Snaggletooth. It came in a Cantina Playset that was sold only at Sears way back when Star Wars was new. It's a full size Snaggletooth figure, while the one that was sold separately was a short figure, and his clothes was red.

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I have those coins also. Mr. DH got them for me when he was out buying lottery tickets.

15. CountDuku3126

CountDuku3126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    I am really happy. I have been looking for a Aayla Secura hasbro action figure for about three months and I finally found one today. But I still haven't found my Count Dooku one yet. ;-(

16. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    i forgot that I got an Anakin ROTS action figure for my bday. it's sweet. Now I need the Padme one...(why does teh pregnant lady get an action figure? Maybe it should be: PADME ACTION FIGURE THAT FALLS ON THE GROUND AFTER GETTING CHOKED!)
    I know I'm mean.

I also just got the ROTS poster off ebay and the AOTC lunchbox from SWshop.com.

stop me now.

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Yes, I agree with you APL, the "action" with regards to Padme should just be her crying and falling. Sorry VK.

No, JR, Leia in Boushh disguise had two heads and you just swap them out. I have the Leia head in and the mask one I haver her holding in her arms.

I checked my open orders with EE and I have all the Gentle Giant stuff ordered. I think I'm just going to stick with collecting that stuff from here on out. Maybe some Sideshow stuff but I just don't think I can fork over the $450 for the Greivous figure we saw in Indy. GG has a Clone Wars one for $79 and I think that's the best I can do.

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    My padawan brought home a set of patches from Jamboree. I'll have to post the Star Wars ones. They are pretty cool.

19. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I picked up the last two Unleashed figures, Palpatine w/Yoda and Asajj Ventress. After these, the Unleashed figs are going to be 2" tall. I'll pass on those. I have the complete set of Unleashed figures! Yay me.
    Now I'm in a dilemma. I have 7 (possibly 11) more plastic boxes full of SW stuff that I need to put away. My storage room is full, the space my parents made in their garage for me is full.. I have absolutely no where to put it. We're having a guest from Japan come over soon, so I need to clean up the Star Wars room. I have absolutely no where to put my stuff now. I think this is going to be a problem for the rest of my life. I hate to say it.. but I may need to reduce my collection.. somehow.

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    You can temporarily store your stuff at my house, though the upstairs is not air conditioned so it's going to get hot.

21. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks for the offer DH. I don't care so much about the heat, as my storage unit is non-temperature controlled. If I absolutely can't find somewhere to put my stuff, I'll let you know. I feel bad leaving it there, even temporarily.

I was thinking about it.. and I wouldn't even know where to start if I had to get rid of my collection. Ebay seems like a lot of work.. it would be hard to list each item and ship each item individually, although I would get the most money that way. Having a garage sale would be like giving it away. I would keep the more valuable items still though, and my vintage stuff, and the ones that I really like.. wait, that's the whole collection. What to do.. what to do...

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    It's cool. It's too hot to hang out upstairs any way. Let me know.

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    JR, your stuff is also welcomed at my storage unit. It is air conditioned I have room I think. I don't know how much you are talking here. If it is a lot you can put the stuff you really don't mind up in a dark hot attic and the good stuff you can put in a nice clean cool state of the art storage unit on Oxnard and Sepulveda.

Edit: I have also finished my Unleashed collection. EE wrote to me and told me that the final three have arrived. I think I will try and go and pick them up today. Since I'm home sick. After this I will not collect Unleashed. I don't know why they would switch to 2" I think that's dumb just like the bust ups.

Edit #2: I just read where I won't have the whole collection after today. There is another Clone Trooper, Han Solo, and Chewbacca! I don't know if I need those there I have them already just in a different pose? Han Solo is from A New Hope in Stormtrooper Disguise and Chewbacca is from ROTS. I don't need more repeats!

24. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    JR, I have sold some of my "unwanted" SW items on eBay, and am in the process of selling a few more. There are some things that are out there that will sell -- PM me and I'll let you know the details :).

It's not that difficult, really, it's just a question of the time. And I've got lots of boxes you can use....

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I think I am rapidly approaching the point of implosion. Mr. DH has made strong hints regarding the amount of stuff I have. I'm going to have to cull the herd some day. :( JR, don't worry about the storage issue, I just have to organize my stuff better. The material difference is your stuff did not cost me anything. He's not bad about how much I spend but I think he may suffer a coronary when I tell him how much that Trisha Biggar book costs. [face_worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.