main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Quote on collecting: "When a habit begins to cost money, it?s called a hobby."

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    They're huge, but my wife made me take them down, so they may never see the light of day again.

[image=http://www.cs.uit.no/~stefan/WheelofFire/005.JPG]

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    huh? Babylon 5. Small cards are easier to store than large posters? Is that what you are saying?

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    It's a shame because JR's bus posters are really cool. I wish I had a big enough wall to hang one (if I had the money to get one) but oh well.

4. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Today I finally picked up my Han Solo bust. It looks really good. It was a pretty big run of 8000. That's bigger than most. The next up on the list is the Scout Trooper on Speeder Bike and the three new Clone Wars Cartoon inspired ones, Anakin, Luminara & Bariss, and Greivous.

5. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I went to Reblescum.com for the first time in months today. I see more stuff in my future.

6. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    And SR, you were worried about my collection of SW shoes...

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    This is what happens when you work OT, SR. I haven't bought anything in a long time.

8. DarthMommy

Mar 22, 2005
    Well, I had to get the SW tablecloths today at Party City and I wanted the DV balloons but they ran out so I had to go to TRU. Well, I accidently bought a DV backpack, M&Ms Luke and Leia, and light side peanut M&Ms. I was eyeing the DV talking bank. Whoopie! Christmas is coming. For the padawans, I mean.

I think I may need a small loan from the Bank of Skyryder.

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I love my DV talking bank. Yikes, DM! I liked how you "accidentally" bought all that stuff. That cracks me up!

10. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I picked up those target Darth Vader folders. But unlike some people, I will actually use them for school.
    I also finally got that Hot Topic Anakin tshirt and a sticker for my car with a classic SW logo.

11. DarthMommy

Mar 22, 2005
    What does the shirt look like? I haven't been to Hot Topic in a while but it makes sense that an Anankin shirt is there-a hot topic at Hot Topic. Corny, I know, but so true.

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I got some really cool things from a good friend via a grab bag, a Darth Maul Rubik's cube, a Darth Maul cup and fig, and a Vader cup with straw. My padawan got a cool R2/C-3PO lunch box and collectible tin. Thanks to the Secret Santa.

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I got some cool things yesterday from Star Trader at Disneyland. If anyone is interested in a Yoda and Jedi Mickey 3 3/4 action figures let me know and I'll go back this weekend or something. I would have bought extras (they have plenty), but I didn't bring enough money.

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Are they together in a package? Does it look cool? If so, I'll take one.

15. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I want to get that Jedi Mickey/Yoda figure set!! But I'll buy it myself, since I have an Annual Pass now. Or maybe you should buy it SR, that way I can say I'm passing it up to my wife and she'll be impressed, however that figure will magically appear in a storage container. Hmm.. lemme think about it.

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Does she know everything you have? I could have something in my containers and Mr. DH would never know.

17. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    THe Anakin tshirt is of him in a defensive pose w/lightsaber and it just says anakin on it. Of course it's anakin circa Ep.3. At his hottest.

18. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    It looks cool DH, if I go this weekend I'll pick up two for you guys. Mickey looks a little angry and Yoda looks to have put on some weight, but still very cool I think and I save $1.50 on each with my AP.

In other collecting news, my co-worker bought for me Darth Tater and a Obi-Wan M&M's dispenser with slashing lightsaber action. I hadn't bought myself a Darth Tater yet so I'm very happy.

19. DarthMommy

Mar 22, 2005
    Little Ani sure turned into Little Hottie in 3,didn't he, APL?

Onto less hot collectibles, I think I have most of the M&Ms figures. I cannot find a Vader.

When I went to Party City last week, they had a halloween DV costume for a dog. Is that weird? Do dogs dress up for halloween? Never mind, don't answer that b/c then this will be dogworld all over again.

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Sounds cool! I can't wait to see them. Thanks, SR! I got through a co-worker three figures. Obi-Wan, some guy from Mustafar and a vehicle driver of sorts (#s 54-56).

21. Lord-Maximus

Lord-Maximus Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2005
    It has begun...

So I am slowly going to start auctioning off my childhood on ebay and since some of you wanted a heads up, I have one SW item up right now (ROTS Clone Troopers Target Cup Set). I'll be going through my boxes of SW items and I'll keep you posted of the stuff I find/will go up. I have alot of POTF figs so let me know if you're missing anything in particular (probably not as we are all big collectors).

Some of my stuff that will go up (as time permits):
    ROTJ carded Boba Fett Fireball
    ROTJ carded Jawa
    POTF Boba Fett 2 half-circles
    POTF Tan Vest Luke Jedi
    POTF Theatre Edition Luke Jedi

...and so on and so forth. My eBay handle is "conejocollectibles" and my email is mtroughton2@hotmail.com. I might also throw up some of my OT loose toys, but those will be hardest to part with!

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Does anyone have a spare Endor Rebel trooper fig I can purchase? My padawan has decided that this is this year's Halloween costume.

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Thanks for the heads up LM. DH, I'm sure I do but lord knows where.

24. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Same here DH. I'm sure I have a couple of Endor Rebel Troopers, but they are all in storage now. Somewhere in an indescript plastic container in a stack of indescript plastic containers in an indescript storage room in an indescript storage building in an indescript storage facility in an indescript city called Monterey Park. Your best bet is to look up images of the trooper and go from there. I don't think it's that difficult except for the "head ring"

I received my ROTS Bus Shelter Poster. It's beautiful.

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    This should start you on your way DH.

[image=http://lafanforce.com/Gallery/albums/album16/endor4.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.