main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Quote on collecting: "When a habit begins to cost money, it?s called a hobby."

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Hey, before i buy it on Ebay. Does anyone have the Star wars HOliday Special on DVD or VHS? I really wanna laugh my butt off.

Also, where, besides Ebay, can i get an episode 3 padme action figure? I have anakin now I need padme, so i can reenact the scene on mustafar. Just kidding.

2. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Episode III Padme can still be found in stores. Go to Target, Toys R Us, KB, or WalMart. With a bit of searching, I'm sure you'll find one. I would look for you, but I can't go toy hunting anymore.

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Thanks SR. I think I have an uphill battle ahead of me. Oh well. JR's right, that helmet is going to be the killer part. I may have to use my Jedi mind trick and convince my padawan that it is not a good idea.

4. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I think you can do it DH. Believe in your skillz!

5. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I have the Holiday Special on CD, although it's a really bad copy. But that just emphasizes how bad the show itself is.

6. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    yeah, I bet you couldn't tell. It has been forever since I've seen it.

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I think I've only seen it that one time on television all those years ago.

Though this is not Star Wars related, I received my Sugar Pine shay engine today. It's an "N-Scale" loco put out buy Atlas and it's just beautiful. I need to lay some track to test it out. In addition to my Star Wars stuff, I have a modest N-Scale collection.

8. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    I have never seen that special and have been advised not to taint my view of SW with it. I saw a picture of Bea Arthur and I thought that was bad enough.

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I want to collect Bea Arthur. Oh wait wrong message board.

10. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I just got an email from EE. They are having a sale! Mini busts for $20 and Action Figures for $1. I can't take it. Fortunatly, I have most of the items so I don't need to shop, but still they shouldn't do that to me.

11. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    What's on sale?!??! ..wait.. I can't buy anything right now.. arrrgghh...

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Mini Busts and Action Figures. I saved the email, but haven't really looked at it because it would be dangerous to do so now.

13. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Uh, yeah.. I KNOW.. that's what you said before. What exactly. Eh.. never mind, as I said, I can't buy anything right now.

14. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Just to make you feel better, JR, there's really not that much:

EII Collection 2 Wave 5 on sale for $39.90 and $21.90 (figures like Geonosian Warrior, Qui-Gon, Dexter, Rebel Soldier, etc.)
    Dexter - $2.90
    AOTC Palpatine - $2.90
    Deluxe Darth Tyrannus and Obi Wan figures - $7.70 each

And then there's a bunch of stuff from EPI, including the Battle of Naboo 3D game ($15.80) and best of all, a Jar Jar poster. I know you want that one. And it's only $3!

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Thanks for the heads up VK. I was scared to look. I can pass on those items.

16. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I went to Walmart the other day and Target, no Padme. I will find her, I will! She will be mine.

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    If you fail in your search APL, I think I may be able to part with my Padme for you.

18. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm sorry DH and JR, but I was not able to buy anymore of the Yoda and Jedi Mickey action figures. I asked but they had sold out. I want to kick myself for not buying more that day I was there last week, but I didn't bring enough funds. I thought they would still be there.

CBM was able to give me some info and a great telephone number to call and order Disney stuff so that you don't have to go to the stores.

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
  20. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks for looking. Sadly, I've had to give up collecting in the name of marriage and buying a house. Can I move to Portland with JT and DB?

21. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I don't know if anyone has talked about them yet, but the 3" 3-D glass cubes are awesome! I have both R2&3PO and ATRT and they are incredibly detailed. Everyone who sees them (even non-SW fans) comments on them. A must buy for your office!

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I got my Obi-Wan cel, I forgot what it was called but it's like the Yoda one I got at C3. It's really cool. I also got three pewter Christmas ornaments. They are the helmets of Vader, Boba Fett, and a Clone trooper. I had forgotten I had ordered them a while ago.

23. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    My CIII stuff came while I was in MN, fairly recently, I think. They sent me a *yellow* CIII Clone Wars shirt instead of the blue one. It looks kinda crappy and I can't wear yellow. I haven't tried on the Yoda sweatshirt yet to see if the sleeves are like YodaGirl's, as I was too disappionted by the shirt. Plus, the two boxes came UPS, so I was lucky to get them at all. I'd (MONTHS ago) corresponded with Stacie Baleo (or something) with GenCon, who assured me they would send mine USPS instead. So, my bad luck with companies continues!

24. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Today I preordered the Exclusive Covert Ops Clone Trooper. I don't know why except that I'm not yet ready to give up on my collection.

In other news, I rearranged my GG collection on my new bookcase that arrived today.

I think my roommate might get annoyed with the SW decor. I have 19 GG statues all in the living room, and 30 Unleashed figures in the hallway. Plus if you open the hallway cabinets right below the sheets I have 50 Episode III basic figures and 1 12" Luke on TaunTaun! Even with a storage unit my house is still full. But I love it all.

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    THERE'S TOO MUCH OUT THERE! I wanted to buy it too but I just can't. Man!

Personally, I love the SW decor at your place, SR. Who cares what your roomie thinks any way. He's got that destructive rat dog any way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.