main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Quotes from other filmmakers about Lucas

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by YadaYadaYoda, Dec 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YadaYadaYoda

YadaYadaYoda Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2005
    Currently needing some quotes for my dissertation about Lucas from other directors in the business but can't find any sources. I remember Ridley Scott commented about how Star Wars put his arse into gear to film Alien but can't remember where I saw him say that. Anyone able to direct me to a site or book which would have some quotes in?

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    There's a lot of this sort of thing (inc. from Ridley Scott I believe) on the OT DVD bonus disc - Peter Jackson, James Cameron and John Singleton have their say.

Rick McCallum loves you!

3. YadaYadaYoda

YadaYadaYoda Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2005
    Ahh, probably where I heard it from then. Cheers dude.

4. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    There are many though some are difficult to find. For example Spielberg presented the Thalberg award to Lucas in 1992. The AFI tribute to Lucas had a few people commenting on Lucas as well. Easier to find are a few articles with Robert Rodriguez (I think around the time of the SPy Kids movies) where he talks about Lucas and should be easier to find via google. Usually doing searches with Lucas name and some of his closest friends/collaborators (Spielberg, Coppola, Jim Cameron, Ron Howard, etc.) will yield some results.

5. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    David Fincher worked for ILM on ROTJ and The Temple of Doom, so it's fairly likely that he may have talked about Lucas in interviews. I seem to remember one in which he talked about being Lucas' neighbor and asking for a job that way. Or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.