main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games Quoting game

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by General Immodet, Nov 21, 2013.

1. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Dear players of the quoting game,

Like I mentioned before, the thread has reached its 300th page! Thank you all once again for your participation!
    In order to celebrate this glorious occasion, I would like to organize a little competition.

Since I quite liked the idea of PCCViking, the competition will look like this.
    Participants of the competition shall be asked to match up characters with quotes.
    Every participant will be allowed to transmit their solutions only one the time.
    So, when you decide to send me your answers, I will not keep correcting you untill you get everything right (like we did last times).
    The participant, who has the highest amount of right answers, wins the competition.

The quotes included in the competition will not come from me, but from you.
    So, please send me two quotes. Don't forget to give me the right answers either.
    Since the purpose of the competition is to match up characters with quotes, I suggest you think over which quote to send in.
    For example, a quote in which Darth Plagueis as Hego Damask talkes about the Jedi in public, might not be easy to guess.
    Those quotes, I am looking for! Quotes that people will not expect to come from a certain character, but nonetheless did.

You all will get untill next week to transmit quotes. Have fun!

Best regards,

Immodet

2. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
  3. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
  4. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
  5. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
  6. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
  7. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
  8. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
  9. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
  10. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    You still have a few more days to send in quotes! Please, do so.

11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I've sent in mine.

12. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    I have submitted my quotes too. I am looking forward to this contest.

General Immodet likes this.
  13. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Up till now, I have received quotes from five persons. I will give the others three more days to come up with quotes. On Thursday, I shall then post the instructions for the competition.

14. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

I just sent you my quotes.

15. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Come on people quote it up!!!

16. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Dear players of the quoting game,

One more person decided to send in quotes, that makes a total of eleven submitted quotes (one person only submitted one quote). Like I mentioned earlier on, those who want to participate in the competition must match up quotes with names of characters. You may only transmit your answer once, so I urge you to be careful! In comparison to previous competitions, I won't be there to lend support. However, earlier drafts can be posted in a PM directed to me, if you would like to. You all get one week to send in your answers, so no need to hurry. It is not because you hand in early on that you gain more points. I am aware that people, who submitted quotes, have a slight advantage over the others. Yet, I guess they deserve a reward for looking up quotes, so I won't take any actions. Good luck, all of you!

Best regards,

Immodet

17. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Characters:

K’kruhk, Jorj Car’das, Crimson Jack, Han Solo, Lando Calrissian, Luke Skywalker, C-3PO, Dllr Nep, Jesmin Tainer, Thrawn, Cade Skywalker

Quotes:

1) “The Force is a superstition, a myth people swear by. It's used to frighten children”

2) “Has everyone but me got a black hole for a brain?! Back to your station!”

3) “Obviously! You’re threatening me with an empty blaster! See that red diode flashing?”

4) “We haven’t yet put explosives under all the floors to blow the place up when we leave. Then it becomes like home”

5) “Energy flows through everything in the galaxy. Creating life, Healing it. As long as the galaxy exists, life will find a way. There is no death- Only the force”

6) “She’s a terrible flirt. You know how sailors can be…”

7) “And besides, in interstellar power politics, it's gestures and appearances that count, not actual results. I've long suspected that's why civilizations rise and fall. Especially fall”

8) “Listen to me, R2. If you do not show me our flight path, speed, and ETA, you may be responsible for my death, from lack of air”

9) “Sounds like you're feeling more charitable against the Rebellion these days”

10) “I've been almost killed several times. I am not dead. I hold no ill will towards any who did try to kill me”

11) “Probably. Most alien species are. Shall we go?”

The quotes are presented in a random order.

Shadow Trooper and Gamiel like this.
  18. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
  19. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Gamiel Senpezeco

I only tagged those persons that handed in quotes. That, however, doesn't mean others cannot participate!

20. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    When is the deadline?

21. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    SWpants

22. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Thanks. I read it twice and still didn't see it

23. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
  24. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Four people sent me their answer sheet. I encourage the others still to do the same when they have a moment of spare time. The competition is nearly finished after all.

25. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Here are the results of the contest.
    Congratulations to Iron_lord! He has managed to get all the answers right. Quite an achievement if you ask me...
    Senpezeco also did a great job, getting most of the answers right. Thank you all for participating! SWpants PCCViking Shadow Trooper Iron_lord may post a new quote, so the game can go on.

1) “The Force is a superstition, a myth people swear by. It's used to frighten children”
    Luke Skywalker
    2) “Has everyone but me got a black hole for a brain?! Back to your station!”
    Crimson Jack
    3) “Obviously! You’re threatening me with an empty blaster! See that red diode flashing?”
    Dllr Nep
    4) “We haven’t yet put explosives under all the floors to blow the place up when we leave. Then it becomes like home”
    Jesmin Tainer
    5) “Energy flows through everything in the galaxy. Creating life, Healing it. As long as the galaxy exists, life will find a way. There is no death- Only the force”
    Cade Skywalker
    6) “She’s a terrible flirt. You know how sailors can be…”
    C-3PO
    7) “And besides, in interstellar power politics, it's gestures and appearances that count, not actual results. I've long suspected that's why civilizations rise and fall. Especially fall”
    Lando Calrissian
    8) “Listen to me, R2. If you do not show me our flight path, speed, and ETA, you may be responsible for my death, from lack of air”
    Han Solo
    9) “Sounds like you're feeling more charitable against the Rebellion these days”
    Jorj Car’das
    10) “I've been almost killed several times. I am not dead. I hold no ill will towards any who did try to kill me”
    K’kruhk
    11) “Probably. Most alien species are. Shall we go?”
    Thrawn

Shadow Trooper likes this.