main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Qustion for those who played when SE was announced

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by The2ndQuest , Aug 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Just curious- for those of you who were players back when SE was announced, I was wondering what the general feedback from the playing community was when the whole Objective card type was announced with the SE expansion. I mean I think we all know now that objectives are awesome and help the game alot, but sometimes when new things are introduced/announced, they don't hit things quite so positively at first (such as podracing which seems to split people it seems), so I was curious if you remember anyone who was opposed to the Objectives concept when it was first announced and what their reservations/complaints were about them? No particular reason, I was just wondering and figured I'd ask.

2. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    It seemed to me there was a great amount of excitement and curiosity surrounding the set due to the objectives. If memory serves me correct Decipher didn't say much about what the cards would do or look like. It was one of the few times a card type ever sold an expansion.

3. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    Operatives deck were brutal.

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I had wanted to make an Operative deck when SE first came out, but by the time I got enough Bothawui Operatives, Decipher had already errataed them.

5. 4Q2

4Q2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2001
    Does anyone think Operative decks might be viable again? Sure, there are a lot of counter cards out, and No Escape is still a staple in many decks (kinda important for the new No Money objective!) but how often does Ounee Ta or Let's Keep A Little Optimism Here come up? Could someone sneak in a good ds operatives deck? The "operative rules" by themselves don't really kill the deck, do they?

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I use Ounee Ta and No Escape in both of my decks, so I'll be able to deal with Operatives decks if necessary.

A lot of people in my area play both of those cards, too. They're basically a wild card; you can play them to get back your top lost card. Their alternate uses are pretty good, too, on the off chance that someone uses generic sites, Honor or None Shall Pass.

7. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    I have not seen one in months.

Railtir opps is somewhat ok.

8. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Operatives decks are great "one tournament wonders". If you do build one DO NOT use it at the next tourny. People WILL be ready for it ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.