main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

R.A. Salvatore Autographing at Waldenbooks Southridge

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Idaara, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I didn't see anyone post anything about this. He will be there tonight from 7pm - 9pm, and any books you bring with you from "outside" must have a Waldenbooks receipt.

Just thought you should know!!

2. Mace_Master

Mace_Master Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    I just called, and they told me that at least 1 item had to be bought from Waldenbooks. This was after telling them that I had not kept my receipt.

3. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Well I still don't have a copy of AOTC yet. Go me!

4. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    HEY YOU PUNKS! I just got back from Waldenbooks. If I have anything for which to thank Conflagration 2, it's for being a trial by shizite to prepare me for standing in a nice, small, organized line for R.A. Salvatoré!

Mr. Salvatoré was as wonderful a chap as you could meet. He's much more fit than he looks in his booksleeve photo. Also, he had some funny things to say about Vector Prime and Peter Mayhew. I relayed to him the opinion of his work that Peter shared with us at Concinnity, but Salvatoré insisted that Mayhew had him in a headlock when they met in Indianapolis!

I met some nice people in the line and spoke at length with a projectionist at Mayfair Mall's theater, who happened to be a devout fan of Salvatoré's work. Although I didn't have any flyers with me, nor a pen to write with, I made sure to promote the Milwookiee Council and FilmCon.

I also lacked a camera, but there was a Waldenbooks staffer who was nice enough to take photos of the author with visitors as unprepared as myself. So in about a week I will be going back to pick up a print that can go on wisconsinfanforce.org!

5. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    Just out of curiosity, was the projectionist from Mayfair named Mario? I work with Mario at his day job (well, I work in the office and he's in shipping) and he is Thursday night's projectionist there who sets up the films for the weekends.

6. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    I didn't get his name.

7. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    Salvatore is a real nice guy. He took his time with each fan (for which I was grateful that I was only 6th in line) and talked with each of us (or at least at my point in the line) 3-5 minutes. I asked him not to tell me anything about the book as I am not reading it until after I see the movie, and he said that it would be okay to read the first three chapters safely and then stop. I can't do that, I'll want to finish it, so I'll wait. The line was small compared to GenCon standards (I can't compare it to C2 since I wasn't there), and with 2 hours of autographing, he should have been able to make it throught the end of the line while still chatting with everyone.

8. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    i was there last night and i was near the end of the line! i got there at 8:00ish and was there until after nine!! of course i had to make a few purchases... but you know! he is a really nice guy! i feel bad that he got those death threats about chewie. it really wasn't his fault!! Red*

9. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    Well, when you kill off one of the beloved characters...but then, those SW fans who threatened him probably are way left of center and border on not knowing the difference between reality and fiction. He said Peter Mayhew gave him a rough time (in jest) at C2 over the death of Chewie, too, threatening to pull his arms out of his sockets and all.

10. Figrin_D_an

Figrin_D_an Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    Those threats against Salvatore are even more foolish when one considers that Chewie's death was a decree handed to him by Del-Ray, stamped with the Lucas "Seal of Approval." He really didn't want to kill off a main character, since he knew what the backlash would be. He really didn't have much choice in the matter, however.

I wanted to make it to the book signing, but I had other plans unfortunately...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.