main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph R.I.P. James P. Hogan

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by LAJ_FETT , Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I looked but didn't find an author thread on him in the index. The August issue of Locus magazine has reported that James P. Hogan passed away on July 12. He was 69. Some Googling around revealed that he was found dead at home and that the cause of death was unknown. (I couldn't find an update on cause of death).

For those unfamiliar with his works, they were mostly hard SF. I have some of them in my collection. What I read, I liked, and I was sorry to read of his passing. @};- R.I.P.@};-

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I haven't read his works, but it's always a sad day when this happens.

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I strongly recommend DHC's translation and collection of the manga adaptation of Two Faces of Tomorrow. It's amongst the smartest considerations of AI and smashes Terminator into dust with ease as it goes along pathways I haven't seen anywhere else.

Sad news.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I still have a few books of his in my reading pile. (It's a large pile). After finishing my most current book last night, I started reading his Bug Park. It's not bad. The premise involves miniature mechs remote-controlled by humans. Some of it might be a bit dated as it came out in 1997 but the story is good so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.