main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC R.I.P. Mara

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediRiff, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Thats all I am going to say. :( Oh, and damn you, Jacen. :(

2. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    So you finished it. I told you you'd say "DAMN!"

3. Robert-A-Fett

Robert-A-Fett Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    Well someone really needed to Die. I was distressed that the book was titled Sacrifice and had Mara on the cover, it was a major giveaway. It sortof ruined the whole ending for me.
    I was hoping Jacen would just go totally evil and kill his daughter and Tenel Ka, but I think there's plenty of time for that.

4. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    What was worse was the fact that Mara kicked his tail! To beat her, he had to pull a dirty trick, and it was extremely cowardly, I thought, especially considering how powerful Jacen is supposed to be.... Ah well, I think when Luke and Ben find out he did it, one of those two are going to put a hurting on Jacen. And as powerful as we have been led to believe Jacen is, Ben seems to be even stronger. It took him no time at all to learn how to "hide in the force"... Darth Caedus look out!

5. Mordtat

Mordtat Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    A cowardly attack?

If he had nothing left to loose,
    one could call it desperation?
    maybe survival?
    a will to live perhaps?
    dark side point?

Perception?

6. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    I love how their showing history repeating itself with Jacen following his Grandfather's path. Looks like Ben will be put in the same position as Luke; does he forgive his cousin and try to lure him away from the Dark Side, or does he himself give in to his anger and seek revenge? Guess we'll see.

7. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    I haven't been following the story... however I seem to recall Jacen doesn't see the Force as being Dark or Light therefore he is not going to feel as trapped by the "Dark Side" as Vader was. Vader really believed he was in a can't win situation... Jacen seems to believe in the Living Force. Now the question becomes does that give him licensee to do whatever he pleases or is their a higher state in which he will fully realize that all actions have consequences?

Given this is based on about halfway through New Jedi Order... things may have changed if so just ignore this :) I still need to finish that series at some point... "It's on my to do list."

Hope all are doing well.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force,
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.