main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA R.I.P. Michael Jackson

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AKAI_FETT, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
  2. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Wow, Farrah was sorta expected but this is a shock.

3. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    where does it say he died? right now CNN only says he had a cardiac arrest.

4. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    TMZ first reported it, then OK Magazine, both questionable sources. But the Los Angeles Times, NBC, and CBS confirmed it shortly after.

5. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I am still in shock over this. :eek: I heard it over the radio in the car, and just had to pull over. Some of you younger guys may not remember growing up to Michael's music in the 70's and 80's. His music affected me a lot (as some of you may know from the Cat Club). It's unfortunate that the most recent years are what most people today concentrate on, with his strange behavior and appearance and financial situation. But people tend to forget his compassion and humanitarian side. That's the problem with the media and people's way of thinking these days - the moment you get to the top, the faster they want to tear you down.

This man may have been one of (if not the) most famous men on the planet. The way one can affect the world in the way he did has only been done by few. His life was a roller coaster, with very big highs and very low lows. He was forced to become an adult when he was a child, and had to catch up with his childhood as an adult. It just shows that no matter how talented and special people tell you you are, a lot depends on who you surround yourself with. It was that way with Elvis too, who some say caused his downward spiral too. Both of them couldn't deal with the fame and stress that came with it, being prisoners in their own homes.

No matter what you think of his personal life (which we might even know fully), there's no doubt that he was one of the greatest entertainers of all time, period! He broke through color barriers through MTV, and brought the world together with events like "We Are The World". Michael was an inspiration and he will be sorely missed by millions, but the music and memories he left behind will keep his spirit alive. My condolences go to the Jackson family.

Rest in peace, Michael Joseph Jackson.
    (August 29, 1958 - June 25, 2009)

@};-

6. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Well said. Many people forget the many barriers he broke down and the roads he laid out for entertainers today. For the music industry this hits as hard as when Elvis died and John Lennon was murdered. He had been working on a comeback to get back on top and to relieve some of the massive debt that he'd accumulated. In fact, he was training with Lou Ferrigno to get back into physical shape for his tour.

Rest in Peace, Michael.@};-

7. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I grew up with his music and remember having thriller as part of my record collection. I agree that his stolen childhood was a source of his problems. Its been shown more than once that young performers need strong people around them to keep them grounded so they stay normal. The Harry Potter kids have been lucky. I'm sorry Michael didn't have someone to be an advocate for him that would have made sure he had a childhood as well as a career. I agree its a shame that this happened right at the beginning of what sounded like was going to be a better part of his life than the last several years have been. May you have peace now Michael.

8. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    Michael at skywalker ranch memories

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-283036

9. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    MJ has been a great positive influence in my life. he's one of the reasons why i dedicate so much of my time to my church youth group. the children are are future and we need to continue MJ's legacy of loving and helping the youth. R.I.P MJ =(

10. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    I totally woke up to this news a couple hours ago... WTH?! That's crazy... I like old school MJ before he got all... well you know.

That's crazy... RIP MJ...

11. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Yup, I was stunned when I heard the news too... I had only heard he passed on and my guess was cardiac arrest before actually tuning in to hear the details (he has not looked well for some time).

I prefer to remember him for the great talent that he was. I grew up with his music - it's part of so many fond memories in my life. What a special gift he gave so many people around the world. Not to mention his legendary impact on the music and entertainment industry. So sad that the events of the last few years of his life lead up to this :(

12. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Kinda odd to say we grew up with his music when he was only 50 at his death. Then again his career started when he was 5.

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    To cheer myself up, I rewatched Michael's guest appearance on The Simpsons, with and without commentary.

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2009/06/26/michael-jacksons-simpsons-legacy/

:)

14. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Don't forget his cameo in Men in Black.

15. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I'm not a massive fan or anything but I know how his contribution to music and culture is pretty much legendary on par with people like Elvis or Sinatra from other eras. That's seriously sad further because of his up coming world wide 3-year comeback tour he had in mind.

16. SWFAN3

SWFAN3 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    This will be day long remembered.
    He will be immortal as others like Elvis, Monroe, Dean, The Beatles, Brando, Newman, Morrison.
    It was very surprising to say the least.
    He may be able to RIP, but media and tabloids are having a field day. It will last a while.
    Hopefully, there will a tribute on his birthday.

17. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006

http://www.terrastories.com/bearings/goodbye-michael-jackson

18. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    It was very sad news, he was truly a legend in the music industry.

19. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Media have been showing a clip of his last rehearsal. He looked thin, but far from frail. A little slower from his prime of course but for a person of 50, well. It makes the suddenness of his passing all the more sad and bittersweet.

20. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Michael-Jackson-Memorial-Ticket-at-Staples-Center_W0QQitemZ230354854342QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item35a23821c6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

look at what this bantha turd is doing

21. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    I shortened it: http://bit.ly/11I7uD But it looks like listings like these and others are being taken down by eBay. It is ILLEGAL to scalp ttickets to events in Los Angeles. And something this high profile I'm sure raised red flags.

22. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    I heard on the radio that one already sold for over 50k

23. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    This has already gotten ridiculous... Now it's just another spectacle for the planet for a man who no one other than close friends and family knew that well probably. Although maybe MJ would of liked all this attention. One thing's likely though, LA with have a riot I imagine...

24. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    http://kramersrealname.ytmnd.com/

this one always made me laugh.

25. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Just saw an interview on Larry King Live with Michael's dermatologist (who, btw, gave great insight into the severity of Michael's conditions which many considered made him seem like a "freak").

Anyway, he talked about a meeting of Michael and his kids with Carrie Fisher, because his kids wanted to meet Princess Leia!

In a re-airing of the Martin Bashir special, his small kids talk about not liking Episode II because it was "boring", while Michael was insisting upon them that it was pretty good. They even showed that he had a lifesize R2 and 3PO in his room.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.