main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL R.I.P.: www.jedinet.com

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Mos_Eisleian_Radio, May 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Jedinet.com has shut down. They had been looking for new server space and apparently couldn't find it. They had some cool stuff over there. I really liked their reviews that would look at the comic books, page by page, and panel by panel. They had some pretty good wallpaper, too.

Phil

2. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Maybe they are still in the process of moving?

3. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    Sean Walsh at rec.arts.sf.starwars.com said it was on their front page earlier. I do hope they are able to come back. It was my second favorite Star Wars site.

Phil

4. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    It did have a pretty damn sweet multimedia section. Though the fan films at JediNet couldn't come close to FilmForce.

5. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    FilmForce???

6. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Oops - sorry. That is the IGN site about new films and stuff. I meant FanFilms.com. You know - TFN Theatre.

FYI - go to Newsdroid.com for more info on JediNet. They have a blurb about what was on the site yesterday/this morning.
    http://www.newsdroid.com/

7. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Oh crap - not only did I p*ss off a member of FanFilms - but he's also 501st.

TK895 - WHERE ARE YOU NOW!!!!

8. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    Watch it, we patrol in squads... :cool:

9. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Ah! I hope it gets back online!

10. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    There appears to be a temporary posting board at the site now. I do hope threy're able to come back, but things don't look very optimistic over there.

Phil

11. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Maybe it's just me, but it seems that they HATE TheForce.net over there!

12. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    The 501st is coming after me. Little do they know I am soon a member of their elite force.

13. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    There are some posts from Vader at the temporary posting board that indicates he's about to close a deal that will buy the site at least another 6 months.

And, yeah, Mav, they do hate TFN at JN. At least a lot of the members do. I think they used to have a symbol of TFN surrounded by a red circle and slash. I still liked certain aspects of their site, though. No one is ever going to be liked by everyone.

Phil

14. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Yes, I remember that little anti-theforce.net graphic to. I thought it was a little weird, and mostly kept to visiting theforce.net.

15. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    I do/did (depending on what happens) like some of JediNet. As Phil talked about, a very good multimedia selection - images, fan art, sounds, wallpapers. However, on thing at JediNet I hated was the way they had their news displayed. It was always so damn hard to find the articles - easily 2 or 3 clicks to finally get to it. That's what got me to TheForce and kept me - here's the headline.....one click and you are at the full article.

Cool as the other side of the pillow.

16. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    On the front page of Jedinet.com, it says that they will be returning the week of May 14. Hmmm, Mav's living 4 days in the future right now. Is it back yet, Mav?

Phil

17. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    YES! It's up and runnig now, thought they didn't get it all completely transfered and their news isn't up to date. You guys don't know what you're missing.

18. TK895

TK895 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2000
    Go get them Azeem! We have to keep a good eye on these rebels

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.