main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST R2-D2, C3PO, and BB-8 In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by B99, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I would so love to see R2 in the backseat of a X-Wing again!

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    If we assume Leia has died by the start of IX it'll be interesting to see what happens with C3PO (given he was Leia's protocol droid right from before ANH)

R2 will be in a similar situation after
    Luke's death

If they stay true to Lucas' vision (no guarantee of that of course) R2 and 3PO are the only two characters that are guaranteed to go through to Episode's X-XII, so hopefully they will find a way to carry them on with new owners...

3. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Hopefully R2 will actually be in more than one scene.

4. otherworlds

otherworlds Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2016
    How did you know about that death in the movie? it was only the 12th when you said it and it wasn't out until the 14th. I even went on that day so no one could possibly spoil it for me
    As for C3PO, he seems to be made to suffer, it's his lot in life. If not given to the right hands, he's doomed.
    Anyway I'd like to see him do something helpful in the last trilogy movie instead of just been funny or annoying like he has in these two.

5. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    They will all be in the movie. R2D2 will belong to Rey, I suppose she may inherit C3PO as well. Given BB8's antics in Ep 9 he may be flying the X-Wing alone this time smh.

6. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Ben Solo might "claim" C3PO and make him "serve" the bad guys... That would give 3PO something quite interesting to do actually...

7. skybender

skybender Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2017
    I'm curious to see what color arm C3PO has in this movie, especially if there is no time jump. He changes those things fast!

8. BalanceOfTheForce

Dec 18, 2016
    It's possible. In the canon Marvel Star Wars comic R2 flew an X-Wing by himself, he was flying against Darth Vader as well. It was cool through because Vader mentioned that the R2 must've had an impressive teacher.

9. BalanceOfTheForce

Dec 18, 2016
    C-3PO is in charge of this droid spy network now. We've seen it in action in the Poe Dameron comic series and a tiny bit in Maz's castle in TFA. Maybe they could make more use of his spy network in IX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.