main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bing, NY R2-D2 Mailbox Sighting!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TreborGahKor, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    "Echo 3 to Echo 7: I've found them, repeat, I've found them!" Okay, so it's not "them", but one. I finally found an R2-D2 Mailbox. I got info from an inside source at the USPS and found out that they put up an R2-D2 mailbox at the Binghamton University campus. So, after an hour of looking, we found it by the old Student Union by the school post office. I'll put pics up for all of you later. Karen, we need to get you over there in your Leia costume!!

2. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Get a picture quick, there's been various talk about how long they are going to be out on display

3. JagVader

JagVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2007
    Here's what were looking for. "And may the force be with you"
    [image=http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/JagVader/R2-D2Mailboxes.jpg]

4. JagVader

Mar 29, 2007
    A sorce at my local post office says there is one at the main branch in scranton PA... Anyone near there?

5. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay, so here are directions to the R2 mailbox at Binghamton University Campus. First, go through the main entrance to the University and then head East (the signs will indicate which direction you are going. Head toward the "Student Union" and park just outside the Student Union. The sidewalk in front of the parking splits into a "Y" and the right connector goes towards the nice new Student Union building with a green entranceway. The left is the direction you want to go. keep going until you pass the old Student Union Building made of brick. As you round past the left side of the building, you'll find the R2 Mailbox on your right hand side next to two other regular mailboxes.
    Sorry about not getting this out sooner, but I've been busy costume making. By the way, the pics are online and can be found here. Take a look!! My kids and I had lots of fun and my wife was the one that insisted that we find it. I have finally turned her to the dark side!!!

6. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    Sorry I was not able to make it last night. Rosalyn was taken into the vets yesterday and the vet said she had at the most 72 hours to live. Her kidneys and other organs were shutting down. I spent last night with her and she died this morning at about 11:45am. I had to bury her in the back yard today.

I am still up for this sunday.

Ian

7. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    I'm sorry to hear that. It's always hard to loose a pet. It's okay and I totally understand. I'll be there Sunday with bells on. I'll also bring along my newly painted Longshot and Mavericks as well as my helmet which is almost done. The whole costume is starting to come together. I even plan on making my own gauntlets. I'm going to be a Mando Slicer. I will have a rocket launcher on one arm and a keypad on the other to show that I can "slice" into any computer.

8. JagVader

Mar 29, 2007
    He slices he dices he juilianns.. Ron Popeal look out.[face_laugh]
    He if any one in our little group is interested I'm going to be getting the collector sheets of stamps anyone want one or two etc.
    [image=http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/JagVader/stamps.jpg]

As far as I know they will cost $6.15 per sheet or .41 x 15 stamps.

9. Renny

Renny Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2007
    :_|SEND TRANSPORT!!!! I can't get out!! My ship is damaged. They hyperdrive won't engage!!! Lol.

Seriously guys, awesome~ Consider the picture taken...I have planned on going up to SUNY on Saturday to take a few....:D Those are fantastic pics too Bob!!!

Oh Ian, I am so sorry to hear your news. So sad when you have to do that. [:D]

Jeff, you know I want a set!!!

Ok to fill ya all in on my side...my car is broke down, I am stuck with a youngling all day...lol. He will be a year old on May 1st, so I have spent much of my day chasing child that is now mobile!!!
    I have been working on the pics from the event and putting together a album. I am hoping to have it done tomorrow. I have had to work on a presentation for school, and it sucked up much of my time. That all being said, I am going to finish checking things, doing emails, and working on the pics...lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.