main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass R2-D2 mailboxes....

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by chewykingwookie, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    It looks like Worcester, Framingham, Peabody, and Springfield will be getting these mailboxes. Kinda funny that none will be in Boston.

Here is a link to all the other locations throughout the U.S.
    http://starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/news20070315.html

2. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Jorge, should we consider a joint meet in Framingham next month @ Fun & Games with a side trip to their R2-D2 mailbox for a group photo (assuming the mailbox is in place by then)?

3. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    one of these have already been seen in Worcester. the admin for galacticarchives.net lives in Worcester and spotted one.

I wonder how quickly one of these will get stolen. I am sure some bonehead will try to take one.

4. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    One of the Boston Rebels' MySpace friends says he did see one in Boston, outside of Symphony Hall. We're trying to confirm the sighting.

5. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I had heard Boston had one as well, but if that is the case then sw.com needs to update their list. They probably did what everyone else does when it comes to Boston and Worcester, which consider them to be the same since they are close enough together. Who knows I also read that there was one spotted in Oxford so who knows every city must have at least one between Boston and Worcester.

6. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    These have already been spotted all over the country. CNN did a story on the mailboxes Thursday night and had footage of people in SW costumes having their picture taken with one.

7. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    There's one up here in Tatnuck Square right outside Rocky's Ace Hardware and CVS. Don't know what the significance of the area is, if any, but there it is.

Honestly, I don't know what they were thinking. They should have at least tried to make it tubular like our little R2 unit. I guess they needed to make it to fit the standard bolts and such.

You know what I find interesting is that now there's going to be a whole set of people who don't know about the new boxes that's going to stand around one and say, "There used to be a mailbox here. Now what do I do?"

8. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I saw the one up near you Drew this afternoon. Took a couple pics of it. I highly doubt there will be any confusion with these boxes since they look exactly like a reg box just with an R2 paint job. Several people were coming up to it while we were taking photos it was kinda funny.

From the reports I have been seeing it looks like sw.com is wrong with the locations. I saw a post of a sighting in Boston near Sympthony Hall (galacticarchives.net) and I do believe Fanniel Hall was the other location.

9. DarthIC2

DarthIC2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2006
  10. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    You were right around the corner from my house, man! Next time, give us a call and stop by.

11. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    Anyone got pics of one yet?

How long are these R2 mailboxes going to be around?

12. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I have a pic on my myspace page as well as a pic posted in the R2-D2 mailbox thread on sandtroopers. Not sure how to post a pic on here so I haven't done it yet.

13. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Jorge

There's a button on the posting page labeled "image", and clicking it will pop up a dialog prompting for the URL of the image. The board will generate a thumbnail which will appear in the post, and clicking on the thumbnail will load the full-size image in a new window. :)

14. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Anyone have an idea as to where the one in Framingham is? I was going to swing by it tomorrow (Friday) after work and get a picture of it.

UPDATE: Found it! It's downtown across from Town Hall. I'll take a couple of pics of it tomorrow and post them when I can.

15. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Oooh.... I will have to swing up there at some point to take a picture as well. Perhaps one night after work next week!

Thanks for posting the location!

16. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    R2 in Framingham:
    [image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/DarthWormie/Weird%20Stuff/R2_fram2.jpg]

17. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
  18. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Yup, voted for the Luke one.[face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.