main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

R2-D2--------------The glue that held the Star Wars Saga together

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth_Malt, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheebo86

Cheebo86 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 1, 2003
    Here is another you can add to ANH
    He found Obi-Wan Kenobi

2. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Stark hahah i like that short story of R2 talking to luke... really funny. i could just imagine R2 talking like that.

3. WookieDroppings

WookieDroppings Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2003
    Luke: Have you been in many battles??

3PO: Several I think... (has faint memories of Geonosis).

4. Stark_Rhavyn

Stark_Rhavyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2003
    Yeah, I like how right after that he tells Luke that he's "?just an interpreter and not very good at telling stories."
    Then in ROTJ he tells everyone's life story to the Ewokes. In fact, he tells it so well that the little muppets make them all a part of their tribe.
    Real consistant there. *sigh*

5. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Well if you notice almost all the character become what they weren't from ANH to ROTJ

You already mentioned C3-P0
    Luke goes from farm boy to hero
    Han from loner to team player
    Vader from evil to good
    Obi-Wan from disappointed to relieved

6. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    Well R2 is the closest thing to the history teller. He's kind of been there since day 1 till the end.

If R2 still remembers old Ben obiwan in ANH then that means that somehow he kept his memory.

7. Stark_Rhavyn

Stark_Rhavyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2003
    R2 even knew how to get to ObiWan's house.
    That WOULD make it seem like he keeps his memory. That and it would be sad to erase either character's memory as that would make it seem like killing them off.
    But if R2 DOES remember everything then why wouldn't he tell Luke about his past.
    I'm thinking R2's role should not have been so important in the PT. Neither he nor C3P0 should not have been exposed to things that he would have recounted later in the OT.
    Especially Tattoine.
    But I think Tattoine should have been left out of the PT all together.
    Out of all the star systems in the galaxy why would they hide one of Anikin's children on his home planet? And the other with a Senator?
    I'm sure there some excuses that can be slapped on like, maybe R2 was programmed not to talk about anything unless asked, or it was thought unlikely that Vader would ever go to Tattione again, but these problems in the story could have easily been avoided if all these old story elements weren't put into the new movies.
    But I'm getting off topic, sorry?

8. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    R2-D2 and his way of saving the galaxy has held the Star Wars saga together. He, in my opinion, is the true hero of the Star Wars saga. Without him, there wouldn't be a Star Wars movie after Episode I. Let's please take some time to recap his savings and calculate how many times he has saved the day!!!!

Without him, there wouldn't be Episode I to begin with. All heroes die in the first thirty minutes, leaving us with Palpatine and Anakin for OT. ;)

-Aunecah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.