main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

R2-D2 The Real Hero?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by DarthXander, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Ramsis

Darth_Ramsis Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    As far as living organisms, he just shocked 'em a lot.

Now just imagine if R2 had say HK-47's personality. >:D

Artoo is God!

2. SenatorPrincessLeia

SenatorPrincessLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2005
    Yes, after watching the Saga in numerical order - R2D2 - does have more of a role then I first thought!

3. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    R2-D2 The Real Hero?

Hell yes, I love R2.

"Get'm R2!"

4. DarthDubya05

DarthDubya05 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2005
    R2 is the real Puppetmaster. everybody else are just Pawns in his master plan to rule the Galaxy.

5. Kirby2000

Kirby2000 Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2006
    It seems to me Lucas often made references to "The hidden fortress" (another Akira Kurosawa movie...) as an inspiration for Star Wars. The idea being that the whole story is "seen" through the eyes of two rather goofy peasants, who go through the whole adventure alongside the "real" heroes... so that must be it. If I may, I have to add that R2, who saves the heroes all along, changes that dynamic a little bit, in that he is REALLY useful and spot-on all along...

6. JAWA64

JAWA64 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 20, 2006
    True the saga would be completely different without R2, they would've died in space by Naboo. But without ObiWan Maul would've lived, killed Padme, and everyone would die. without Anikin They would've been stuck on Tatooine for a very long time, and Maul would catch up and kill them. Without Luke Leia wouldn't be rescued, without Han the Death Star would still be there, without...
    So really theree's no real main hero, because everyone would be dead if not for someone else, but R2 is probably in the top three.

7. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    R2 is the real Puppetmaster. everybody else are just Pawns in his master plan to rule the Galaxy.

Exactly. Episode VII - IX will be about how R2 reveals himself to be Sidious's master and finishes the work of the Sith :p

8. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    When the Skywalker family dies off, R2 is going to write his tell-all book of his family, make a killing off the film based off of it, tell the Whills the true story, and retire in droid paradise.

9. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    Ahh...but without Jar Jar there would have been no saga...

If Jar Jar hadn't grabbed onto Qui-Gon, the Jedi wouldn't have gone to the Gungan City, gotten a transport to Theed, rescued the Queen, ended up on tatooine, found the Chosen One, gone to Coruscant, the Queen wouldnt have been able to call for a vote of no confidence in Valorum, so Palpatine wouldn't have become Chancellor in the first place, he wouldnt have become Emperor, and with Anakin back on Tatooine...there would have been no Darth Vader and R2 D2 would probably be serving the Trade Federation.

It's amazing to think that Jar Jar got the saga rolling and R2 kept it from falling apart. Two "minor" characters who play a huge role.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.