main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON R2-D2 toy - anyone seen/have it?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by durga2112, Nov 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. durga2112

durga2112 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    Click here for toy description

I want to get one for my son, but I have no idea how easily available they are. Has anyone ever seen one for sale around town? Would they be in a place like Toys R Us or Walmart, or would there be some kind of toy/game store that sells things like this?

If anyone can help me to track one down, you will make a young Artoo fan very happy this Christmas. :)

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Good luck.

They are no longer on the market (not a large run), and the best bet is eBay where they go for several hundred dollars now.

I've been looking for one for myself (missed out on picking it up when they were inthe stores) and so far no luck.

However I have been told that either a new version or a re-issue is planned for next summer, so it might be better (and cheaper) to wait until then.

3. durga2112

Oct 14, 2004
    Hey, thanks for the quick response. :) I think I'll wait until next year if there'll be a new one - my son is only 14 months old, so he'll get a lot more out of it next year anyway.

So, with that question answered, does anyone know of any good places to shop for SW toys around here? Toddler toys would be a huge bonus, but it would also be nice to know where to look for toys in general.

4. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Suuuuure...you want these toys for you "son". ;)

Come on...admit it you just want to buy toys for yourself but you are too afraid to say so. ;)

5. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    I saw two in Toy's-R-Us in Brampton 2 weeks ago......

6. durga2112

Oct 14, 2004
    Hey, there's nothing wrong with playing with my son's toys while he's asleep... or awake... is there? [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.