main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI R2-Detroit My Space Page * Update in first post*

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by lavagrrrl, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Many Fan Force Chapters are now opening pages on My Space. I know we have a few members of My Space around her (me included) so I thought I would toss out the idea of doing this for the group. It could be a new way to get out name out there and generate interest to new people.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I went and started a page. Right now I have nothing but the logo and the name. That is why it is set to private. I'm going to need help with all that stuff. Note the age is set to 14 (the youngest), hopefully once everything is done, we won't have too many problems with adult content.

Mike, I'm going to PM you the login info. That way both of us can update and stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/r2detroit

2. Grand_Admiral_J-tal

Grand_Admiral_J-tal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2005
    Let's do it! I've run across several other costumers on myspace, including ones I met at CIII. If we proceed, it should be kept to strictly SW-based content to promote the group and its activities. Some of the SW myspace places had a lot of personal stuff on it, and one in particular I found should have had an adult content warning on it.

3. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    I know what you mean by adult content. The fan force boards have a minimum age limit of 13, so if others agree we should do this, then we should make sure it is PG-13 rated. We can do what we want with personal pages, but this would be a page strictly for the group. :)

4. Hathor_Sg1x

Hathor_Sg1x Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2006
    I say do it, I'll join.:)

5. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Heh, I'm already on Myspace, so I'm all for this.

6. robt666

robt666 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2005
    why not... add me I'm cool my mom even says so:cool: myspace.com/tk2280

7. DarkTrooper013

DarkTrooper013 Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2005
    Im down with the idea.;)

8. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    Mike thanks for adding some info! It sure is fun to leave the page empty and come back to some things done. I was playing with the bulletin feature tonight. It might be a good way to send out reminders about events.

I did reset the age to 20 so it can be viewed by people over 18 years old.

I suppose we should talk about design. I'm not good with graphics, and I just learned how to turn my own page purple (you know it had to happen at some point), so someone else will have to come up with designs. Since this is the group's page, I will do what the group wants. My only advice would be keeping it readable. I see too many pages that have cool colors and pictures, but they are combined in ways that make my eyes bleed. Another pet peeve is the music thing. There is a setting to have the music play only when the viewer wants to hear it. That is my preference, but again, this isn't my page. :)

9. robt666

robt666 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2005
    :_| R2 does not wana be my friend:( :_|

10. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    I haven't logged on, and I have no idea if Qonas has either. I will check that out tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.