main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI *R2-DETROIT OFFICIAL COLLECTING THREAD*

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by robertyodarugenstein, Aug 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Hello and welcome to R2-Detroit's official collecting thread. Hello my name is Robert and I'm thew collecting group leader. This is the trread where you can ask questions on anything related to collecting Star Wars.

You ask what do I know about collecting? I have been collecting from the age of 4. I collected in the best time 1978 to 1985. It is to bad that I don't not save all those toys but the ones I did look there age. Then I started collecting agin at Christmas of 95 and have not stoped.

What is in my collection? Anything you can think of. I would say that I have every figure made from 1995 to present. I have ships, posters, pewter, trading cards, Christmas ornamints, legos, and more.

If you would like to see pectures of my collection I will be posting pictures soon.

As for some of the sites that I go to for collecting news are:
    sirstevesguide
    rebelscum
    yakface
    starwarscollecting

One thing I would like to do is help the people that don't collect is if the are looking for something that they want and can't find is to help them look for it.

As for a meeting what would you like to do? Also I will be keeping you up to date on some of the exciting collectables coming out.

2. jaybone9

jaybone9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2002
    I am also a huge collector i know alot about the vintage stuff....I narrowed my collection down to just boba fett stuff...What I am looking for is a vintage set of boba fett underoos for my collection. I pretty much have just about everything boba fett.
    Including tattoo!

thanks

Jay

3. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Very nice opener, Robert! Any sign of the Playskool Millenium Falcon yet?

Regards,
    M.

4. jediteddy

jediteddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2002
    Anybody see the new pics for the Padme Coursant attack figure? She looks pretty sharp. (Oh, kate...opportunity to get more costume details)

Mirax, I checked around by me the other day, and everywhere is totally out of any playskool sets. Very hot item it appears. Must be because they are so darn cute.

My cat is a huge Jar Jar fan. I wonder if there is a cat safe Jar Jar toy to give him?

5. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    JT-I'm also looking for that Padme figure...but,no luck as of yet. :(

6. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    Wow I am surprised that I got this many resonse's already.

As for the Padme Corruscant Attack 3.75 figure I have not heard of anybody finding her yet. If you would like to see some pictures go to this link PadmeCorruscantAttack If this link takes to long go to the StarWarscollecting link above. When there she will be in the lower right hand corner.

As for the Falcon I have heard of people finding it but they have not made to many of them. So the supply is rather limited. For pictures of it go to Falcon

As for the Boba Fett underoos I did a search of ebay and could not find any. I think finding these will be hard. But I will keep look.

As for yor cat JT they have made some plush dolls in the past but as of right now they are non available.

As for 3.75 figures that we will be seeing late this year to early next year are:
    Anakin Skywalker - Wedding scence with machanical arm
    ROTJ Boba Fett - with quick draw action
    Flying R2-D2 -from the Geonosian Battle Droid Factory
    Delux Obi-Wan - Kamino
    Delux Flying Jango Fett
    Speeder Assortment - Owens Swoop + Dooku's Speeder

7. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Tonight at work,I saw the Darth Maul(Sith Training) and Anakin Skywalker(Tatooine Attack).

8. Jedi_Leopold

Jedi_Leopold Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2002
    I collect all the 12" figures. I believe I have around 140 of them. I had to stop with the 3.5" before the EI figures came out because it was getting too expensive to collect both lines, as I'm sure all of you know.

I saw the Playskool Millenium Falcon at KB in Great Lakes Crossing on Wed. They had at least 4 there for $27.99.

I picked one up for my 3 yr. old nephew for Xmas. I bought him the Playskool speeder bikes for his birthday and his parents say that he plays with them everyday, along with watching the movies. It's so great to see the little ones go over to the dark side.

9. jaybone9

jaybone9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2002
    Are they making a playskool boba fett?

10. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    Sorry no Playsckool Boba Fett yet. But I will let you know if they ever do.

11. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    Advanced Graphics now has all the Stand ups from CII for sale. Go this link click on Yoda to get a look. advanced graphics I got the Zam Wesell at CII so I'm thinking about getting Padme.

JayBone to you have the Boba Fett Bobblehead? If not go to the link starwarscollecting above. When there just go to the store and do a search of Boba Fett and you should find him.

12. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    Just ask if anybody has questions for me??

13. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    JediTeddy I found you a cat safe Star Wars Buddie Jar Jar toy. You will not have to go far to get him. He is at The World of Rich's and Rubies on the corner of Diquinder and Auburn (hope i spelled that right) If you would like I can PM you there phone number.

14. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    Here is some new stuff to be looking for.

Toys R Us has a new Saga X-Wing out that will cost you $40. Very nice box. It comes with R2-D2 and some survival gear. The best X-Wing yet.

Also at Toy's R Us is a new Saga Landspeeder. I can't comment on this yet because mine has not shipped yet. But I'm looking forward to it. This will cost you $20.

One last thing is the new 12" Tauntaun with Luke Skywalker. Luke has Wampa marks on his face. This will cost you $50.

All the above are exclusive to Toy's R Us.

Over at lego you can order the new collector naboo starfighter. This is schedule to come out in early October.

They are also planning on releasing the Tie Fighter vs Y-Wing set.

Also be on the look out for the new Republic Gunship and Arena play set. You can find these two in any store or you can go to walmart and order them.

Good luck and happy hunting.

15. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    Dark Horse/Gental Giant now has Yoda and Darth Vader Bust for pre-order. So go over to Dark Horse and in the search box type mini bust.

16. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    The official site Star Wars has put up some pictures and a list of what we will be seeing next year in the recent news spot.

We will have:
    Obi-Wan Acklay Battle
    Mace Windu Arena Confrontaion
    Darth Tyranus Geonosian Escape
    Padme Droid Factory Escape
    Tuskin Raider Tatooine Camp Ambush

Plus a new Anakin, Boba Fett, R2-D2, Lama Su. Aayla Secura, and Barriss Offee.

Looks like a good year ahead of us.

17. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    Hasbro has announced that they wiil be a new Han and Chewbacca figure in 2003. Which I will say that I'm suprised and disapointed with. We have had enough figures of them 2 for a while.

They will also be releasing a new Anakin figure to.

Over on Star Wars.com they have posted a list of all the people that will be signing the 2nd series of Topps Episode II cards. I hope that I get Leeanna Walsman card.

18. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    Sirstevesguide has posted some pictures of Anakin and his swoop bike and Dooku and his bike on there site. They also have posted pictures of the new Trash Compacter set. This will be a set of two figures Han and Luke, Leia and Chewbacca. They will connect together. A must have for everyone.

Star Wars has posted that there will be a new Lego Star Destroyer coming out in November. It will cost $275 to buy (ouch). So go on over and take a look at the pictures of it because it looks nice.

19. TK497

TK497 Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2002
    Lego sent me an ad with the new star destroyer in it...the thing's over 3 feet long and looks awesome! They even reshot the opening sequence to a new hope with lego ships...I am going to have to get one of these before they disappear! very expesive though....but that's a LOT of legos.

20. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    I want my flyer from lego I have bought enough stuff from them so they should send me one. I'm still waiting on my Collectores Edition Star fighter. TK497 thanks for the heads up on the new intro for it. I would not worry to much on buying it right away. Why for $275 the will still have them next summer. I know because I got the Blockade Runner last Christmas for $200 and the are still selling it.

21. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    From Briks to Bothan has annouced 3 new sets for next year and they all have a Jabba theam.

Set one Jabba's Message will sell for $7 and come with Bib fortuna, C-3PO, and R2-D2

Set two Jabba's prize will also sell for $7 and the min figures are Boba Fett, a Gommorrean Guard, and Han Solo in Carbonite.

Set three Jabba's Palace will sell for $30. there will be 5 mini figures for this set Slave Leia, Jedi Knight Luke, Jabba, EV-9D9. B'Ommarr Monk, and a power droid.

Look's like 3 good set of Lego's too buy.

22. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    From Bricks to Bothans has announced to more set's that Lego will be releasing in January. The first set will be Luke's T16 Skyhopper. The seconed set will be a Tie Bomber that will fire a soft tip missile. That will be cool.

They have no price yet but if I was to take a guess the Skyhopper will go for $20-25 and the Tie Bomber for $30-40.

Edit: The Skyhopper will sell for $13 and the Tie Bomber will go for $30

23. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    From Bricks to Bothans has revealed the last Leg set to be released. Will see a Geonosian Fighter to sell at $20 and an AT-TE to go for $70.

So that will make 2 set's from Episode II, 1 from Episode IV, 1 from Episode V, and 3 from Episode VI.

Also Master Replica's will star selling limated edition lithographs on 10/17 of Luke Skywalkers lightsaber, Han Solo blaster. Obi-Wans lightsaber. Individual print will go for $50 and then $70 after 11/15. Or you can buy them all for $140 and then $200 after 11/15.

24. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    This is nothing to get to excited about unless you do not have one but Hasbro will be making a new A-Wing fighter. All it is is a repaint of the red one. The only diffrence is that is one will be green. :( I hate to say this but this is such a waste of time.

25. Shdw-Knt

Shdw-Knt Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2002
    I will say cool forum.. Those playschool Millenium Falcons are definitly hard to come by.. I actully found 4 of them at a Kaybee Toys in San Diego the second week of september when I was out thier for work.

How ever my post is not about playschool it is about toys r us..

What the HELL is going on with the exclusive r2-d2 25th anniversary figure? Not a single TRU knows about it and the ones that do say all they know is that they may have to hold them for some promo.. DOES ANYONE GOT ANYTHING OTHER THEN THIS AS AN ANSWER??? :)

Thanks for your guys time..

Shadow Knight

Jackson, MI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.