main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI ** R2-DETROIT RELAUNCH MEETING **

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by rocksoldier, Aug 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocksoldier

rocksoldier Chapter Rep: Detroit, MI star 1

Jul 18, 2009
    Meeting details are now set:

Saturday, September 18, 2010

7:00 PM

Borders Books & Music (at Oakland Mall)
    460 W. 14 Mile Rd.
    Troy, MI 48083

Please go to the R2-Detroit Facebook page for more information and to RSVP (under 'Events')
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=144444955576779&v=wall&ref=search

This meeting is open to everyone.

2. c3500BC

c3500BC Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2008
    Thank you for setting up the meeting. :)

Given that this is the first meeting,the plan is to keep it light and simple.There are a few brief,but important, business points to get out of the way,then the rest of the evening will be open for socializing and talking all things SW.I may even bring cookies. :)

Hope to see you there :)

3. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Funny..thats the same day as our FF meeting too (Bloomington,In)

4. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Hello everyone!

My name is Jason. I am the Founder of the Tidewater Alliance Fanforce in Virginia, and the former Chapter Rep and Pres.

I now find myself living in Romeo, Michigan looking for fellow fans. I am hoping to make your meeting and meet you all!

5. rocksoldier

rocksoldier Chapter Rep: Detroit, MI star 1

Jul 18, 2009

Welcome to Michigan and R2-Detroit Jason :)

Hope you can make the meeting too.

check out our Facebook page (if you haven't already)
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=144444955576779

RockSoldier
    R2-Detroit Interim Co-President/Chapter Representative

6. c3500BC

c3500BC Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2008
    It was good to finally be able to meet up with some of you tonight.It was fun to talk all things SW and to hear about some of what I missed at C5.The time just seemed to fly by. :)

Just to recap for the benefit of those who were unable to attend,the group voted to do away with the current R2 Detroit charter and all existing by-laws.This was done because the group felt a set of formal rules was really unnecessary at this point.We also voted to abolish all titles and positions of leadership within R2 Detroit,with the obvious exception of Chapter Rep.This was done so that we could alleviate any confusion regarding leadership roles and responsibilities and also to encourage a more active and involved membership.Hopefully the group will continue to grow and as it does,we can elect officers and create new by-laws to accomodate the specific needs of the group.

Some other points were brought up,including ways to advertise R2 Detroit and the group also expressed an interest in reaching out to both the Rebel Legion and the 501st in order to look for ways that we can work together with them in the future.It was also agreed that the next meeting would be held in October at the same location.Date and time TBD.

7. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Sorry I missed it. I will be sure to make the next one. Glad you all had fun though.

8. DetroitBountyHunter

DetroitBountyHunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2003
    Same here. Hope to make the next one too but October is a busy month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.