main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI R2-Detroit Web Site -- Please read and respond

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TheHuntressDiana, Apr 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Okay people, more news. :D

F&B has put together a mock-up of the temporary home page for us. Take a look and comment.

We need your input. :)

[image=http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/751343de/bc/Yahoo!+Photo+Album/__hr_R2-Detroit+site+mock-up.jpg?bck3JF9AcYfTrSMo]

2. FearAndBullets

FearAndBullets Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    This site is just a quick design...one for a quick download. I tried to keep the design consistant with the fliers and the shirts as we launch our promotional campaign. This is only temporary, until after things start rolling in May. By then, our membership should grow exponentially and we'll have more input for the full site.

Speaking of the site, please donate or pledge to donate for the site now. I will pm you my home address so that you can send your donation. Once I get enough promises, i'll purchase the site and start the development process.

The reason for the immediacy is that CII is just around the corner and we should have something up for that.

3. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    It's good.It tells people who we are,where we are,and the colors look nice.

I like it.Nice job there,Jason.:)

4. DoubleAgent

DoubleAgent Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    Cool. One question, though, and I suppose I should have asked when Idgie first wrote this piece: What is the generally accepted definition of 'fanboy'? I mean, we're all nuts enough about SW to go through all this trouble and spend our day posting silly messages on the internet...aren't we 'fanboys'?

Yet I have found the term to be used as a kind of insult, you know?

Again, cool design. Meesa like.

5. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    I prefer fan grlz for us of the prettier sex... ;)

6. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I refer to SW fans as just that:fans.I see no need to differentiate between levels of fandom.We all come to the table with our own ideas and backgrounds and we take from SW what we will.When I say `fanboys',I do mean it in a negative sense and,when I use it,I do use it as an insult.

What I'm referring to are those fascist-like individuals that seem to be in abundance on some of the sites.Those overly negative,overly critical(not so much of the films,but towards people),verbally abusive types that are the exact opposite of what most fans really are.I guess it's ultimately subjective;it's difficult to decribe a fanboy,but I know them when I see them.

For the record,NOBODY in our group fits my definition of a fanboy.

7. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    looks good!

8. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    I love it! Great concept! I do think that Idgie should get the credit for his Journal of the Wheels, though.

Regards,
    M.

9. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    Looks great! So, when does it launch?

10. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Looks good to me.

11. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    We still need $$$ to get the site up and running. The exact amount we still need, I don't know (we'll have to ask F&B).

I did notice...we might want to add/change: The link that leads people back here, should probably be labled as "TFN's FanForce Board" or "TheForce.net's FanForce Board." Something to that effect, so people will know where the link leads to. I'm not sure if most people know that "FF" means FanForce.

And I'm sure this is just a nitpick thing, but I always spell it "Internet" with the "i" capitalized...

12. FearAndBullets

FearAndBullets Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    ok (thank God my wife is in accounting), unfortunately, there was an unexpected cost that the printer threw at me at the last minute for the shirts...it was the $55 screen set up fees. She told me the day before completing the shirts. I told her to go ahead and print them. So, basically the total cost of the shirts really came to: $15.11 for s-xl and $17.68 for 2xl. So, I still have to collect the extra for the shirts from Eric(4.83), Kat(8.97) and Kris(4.68).

What this means is that for those who gave extra for the site really just about broke even, with the exception of Bianca, Carrie, Ivan and Robert. Our new total for site donations is $28.31. If we could get everyone to donate $8-10...we'll be set and we'll roll over the donation to next year or refund. Please pm me for my address and I'm really sorry for this unexpected surprise.

13. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    Okie-dokie...here's the 411 on the web site.

Since it's coming down to crunch time (less than 2 weeks to C2) I decided to pony up for the cost and put it on my card (since I have the room right now).

So...for those of you who are in the process of or soon to be making payments to FearAndBullets/Jason...PM me and I'll give you my info.

Cool?

So...in about 48-72 hours, we should have the basic home page up and running...and maybe more by the time C2 rolls around.

All depends on the time we're able to access the site to work on it and how much time Jason has to work on it.

So..there it is. We've got a site. Now all we need to do is finish collecting the rest of the money then we can breathe a little easier. Then...we can start thinking of ways to raise money for next year's hosting fees. :)

Cool huh? :cool:

14. LukeSolo2003

LukeSolo2003 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2002
    It looks cool. I'm down with it. When we all hook up and talk further, I'll definitely make a donation.

15. Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 1999
    Looks good to me and I agree with Diana's suggestion to add TF.net to the forum link. TF.net would probably appreciate it, too!

Nice job, folks!

16. Midnightguard

Midnightguard Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2002
    impressive.... most impressive (translation - It looks really good and I like it a lot)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.