main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM R2-KT, here's one last BEEP!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jaina Byrd, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Many of you may (or may not) know about Katie Johnson.

Her dad, Albin, is the originator of the 501st Legion. For those of you who are unaware as of yet, the 501st Legion started out as a costuming group, and they dress up as Stormtroopers (all kinds), Vaders, Bounty Hunters, even Palpatines. They have gone on to do charitable work, mainly with children's charities, including the Make-A-Wish Foundation. A film is being made about the 501st- "Heart of an Empire". Many of the members of our mother-FF (Mos Alba) are members of the 501st Legion. If you were at the Tinseltown premier, you probably saw the excellent Jango Fett and Stormtrooper. They are both members of the 501st.

Anyway, Katie was diagnosed with a rare, and basically untreatable kind of cancer last November. She underwent radiation, chemotherapy, and took pills, among them steroids, in the last year. The 501st and some Fanforces have taken it upon themselves to do fundraising for her and her family, due to enormous costs for her treatment. One of her wishes was to have a pink R2-D2 watching over her while she slept, as R2 watched over Padme in AOTC. And so it was done! They named him R2-KT. Another of her wishes was to go to Disneyworld- the trip, as it's described, was amazing.

Anyway, I can't do her justice. If you would like to read more about her, you can check out ForKatie.org. If you'll go to either of the sites I've directed you to, you'll find that she passed on yesterday. :( Donations are still being taken for funeral costs, and you can sign their guestbook until October 9th.

My father died of cancer when I was young, but I can't imagine the horror of losing a child to cancer. No parent should outlive their child. My condolences to a great family, and a great dad.

2. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    That's terrible:(I will pray for the family and for her. It's always sad to loose a loved one.

@};-

3. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    Oh, that's so sad:_|. I will keep her family and friends in my prayers. And may she rest in peace.[face_flag]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.