main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI r2detroit.com

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by FearAndBullets, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FearAndBullets

FearAndBullets Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    r2detroit.com is now officially ours!!!!
    I've parked our domain name.

2. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Sweet. :D

Now hopefully, it won't take us very long to get the rest of the cash to get the web site going. :)

3. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    Okay, so now that we've got the URL as ours, should we all decide what kinds of things we do and do not want on the site? I say yes, so we can have that all settled and be raring to go and get the site operational ASAP.

Obviously, we need a link back to this forum since this is the main arena of "talk" for our group.

Something I've been wondering is: are we going to have a separate banner image & logo? We haven't really talked about it yet, so I thought I'd bring it up now.

As for banner image ideas, I came up with two "off the top of my head" ideas on a banner image...and posted it to the Yahoo Group. It's finding the images for making them happen that's the hard part.

SO...since this is a democracy...what say you? What do we want on the site? What do we not want on the site?

4. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    What about a separate forum?Nothing wrong with this one,but shouldn't we also have a private one too?

Definitely a photo gallery.

5. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Once you get any sort of welcome page up let me know and I'll have Hamma edit it into the menu bar (where the TFN FanForce link is) and on the Regional forum listing.

The regional forum listing is an easy way to see everyone else's sites if you're wanting ideas.

6. FearAndBullets

Jan 4, 2001
    As far as the site goes, I think we should just keep it really simple, I'm thinking maybe a single graphic similar to the EPI poster where Anakin is casting a shadow of Vader. Maybe, we could do something with the shadow of R2. We should have a link back to the forums here, a contact email button to Diana, copyright infomation on the bottom and a simple "coming soon to a galaxy near you" type thing.

As far as the forum graphics, I'm working on them too. I don't know if anybody else is, but they are more than welcome to.

I'm also working on the fliers for CII. Has the content in the forum been finalized by everyone?

7. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    Content in the forum? I'm not sure I'm following you...

As for the URL for the main FanForce flyer, we have until April 28th to turn over the URL to Bobafemme...otherwise we just fall under the main FanForce Boards URL.

8. FearAndBullets

Jan 4, 2001
    yeah, content for the fliers...you posted this:

R2-Detroit is looking for new members!

* Do you live in Southeast Michigan?

* Would you like to make new STAR WARS friends?

* Are you interested in costume making? Collecting? Role Playing? Writing fan fiction? Trivia? Reading & discussing the novels?

* Do you live & breathe STAR WARS?

If you answered "yes" to any of the questions above then you?d fit right in!

Currently, we have members from all over the Southeast region of Michigan. So if you?d like to get together with a pretty normal group of people in the name of STAR WARS and have a great time, check us out.

Where to look for us on-line: www.R2DETROIT.com

If you have any questions, feel free to contact our City Representative at: thehuntressdiana@fanforce.net

9. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    Oh...okay. lol :)

I still haven't heard anything from anyone on what's "good" and what's "bad" for that...and if it should be condensed into 1/2 a sheet of paper...

10. Midnightguard

Midnightguard Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm currently on a kick of collecting various R2D2 jpegs from online... I'm searching for those 2 elusive images that Diana suggested because I'd really like to mess around with them. I think it would be pretty cool looking and if I'm successful I'll send you the images. You can use them if you want or not... no biggie to me (it's giving me an excuse to do some image modification work which I've been thinking of doing for some time).

11. FearAndBullets

Jan 4, 2001
    How long have you been working with Photoshop? If you need help with anything, let me know.

12. Midnightguard

Midnightguard Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2002
    I've been self taught on most programs... I'd say about 2 years with Photoshop, nothing to heavy duty. I just haven't had too many projects to fully unleash the potential of the program.

If I have any questions... I'll be sure to let you know :) (it's always better to pick someone elses brain... hehe)

I taught myself html in about 2 days back when I had a WebTV 4 years ago (and even created my first website on a WebTV... don't ask me how I did it, because it was a pain in the butt to do) and I've taught myself some other interesting little programming tricks over the years.

13. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I must say - R2Detroit is a kick @ss group name!!!

Well choosen, my FF brothers and sisters.

14. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Thank you, JediJeff. In a weak moment of self-promotion, I'll take the bow for the name idea.

Regards,
    M.

15. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    What Jeff said. Totally rockin'.

However, while you guys may have a cool name, only Chicago Force has a JediJeff. :D

Hmm. Maybe that's not such a good thing.

~Heather~

16. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    And that said from a lawyer......

When they made me, they broke the mold. Then they beat the **** outta the mold maker. :D

17. Darthfunkasourous

Darthfunkasourous Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2002
    Well im in royal oak, how do i join the fanforce?

18. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Basically,you just have to show up at one of the meetings,oh and it does help to be a SW fan:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.