main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RA Salvatore book signing.

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by marajoan, Apr 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    If you check out his website, it lists C2 as a stop on his book promotion tour. Does this mean that he would be signing his books for free or will it cost us to get his autograph too? If I have to pay at C2, I will wait until he comes to Greendale on May 7th.

2. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Come on does anyone know what his role will be at Celebration? Is he included in the autograph signing or is he signing in a separate book signing thing?

3. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    I wish I could help you...

4. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Only Celebs in the C2Ventures area fall under the Trade Federation Blocade...I mean, autograph charging. All the authors will be at their respective tables in the License Hall, Salvatore and a few others being at the Del Ray table. I don't believe that they will be charging, but you'd have to ask some one at the Publishing company or the author himself to know for sure.

Maybe someone who's seen him at other conventions can chime in on whether he charged or not....since he isn't the main actraction, I'd doubt it.

5. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Can't speak for him, but others like Zahn and Stackpole have been free. :)

6. lensman

lensman Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2002
    Hey Sebulba-

Who else is coming to the celebration, celebrity wise? You seem to be more informative and helpful than the official site. Is Samuel Jackson or Mark Hamill coming?

7. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    "What does your heart tell you?"

I keep all that info in the C2 FAQ which has a tasty list of unconfirmed guests listed (haven't updated it since the last official announcement (with Lobot), but most of those people were already listed). The guest list is about the 4th section.

8. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    ...and for those who have not been paying attention, Sebulba is batting 1000 on his "unconfirmed" guest list!!!

9. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    LOL, yeah...but there's been more than a few minor characters slipping under the radar...I keep shooting for the big dogs, but the more I tighten my grip, the more celebs slip thru my fingers. ;)

10. lensman

lensman Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2002
    The Celebrity list is impressive, most impressive.

I really think it would be great if Mark "Luke Skywalker" Hamill showed. That would be so cool for us fans.

11. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    It has no bearing on Mark's appearance or not, but the FAQ list isn't complete, still a few names to add. :D

12. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I would be amazed if the authors and artists were charging for autographs. I would be beyond amazed I would be..., hold on while I get out my thesaurus, I would be incredulous. Yup, incredulous. DonC, incredulous.

13. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I think you might be right. There is a list now on one of the news things with a bunch of authors that will be there. Troy Denning, Aaron Allston, RA Salvatore and others. Thanks for your input. I guess I will have to bring my books.

14. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    This is great news! As a college student who recently became unemployed, I don't have a ton of $ I can spend on autographs, but perhaps I'll take a book or two for authors to sign. :)

~*~Bria

15. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Well I just checked out the Del-Rey book site (www.randomhouse.com/delrey) and here is a snippet from the events link page. It looks like the Authors attending will be signing but at their own booth. My guess is it would be free. I do have a question though, would it be offensive to ask an author to sign a paperback version rather than the hardcover?

anyway here is the 411:

AARON ALLSTON, MARK COTTA VAZ, JAMES LUCENO, TROY DENNING, R.A. SALVATORE and DANIEL WALLACE will be attending the STAR WARS Celebration in Indianapolis, IN, May 3 - 5. Also in attendance will be Del Rey's own SHELLY SHAPIRO (Editorial Director), KATHLEEN O'SHEA (Assistant Editor), DAVID STEVENSON (Art Director) and COLLEEN LINDSAY (Publicity Manager). All authors will be doing signings at the Del Rey booth, C-21, every day!

16. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    A book's a book. I doubt the author cares if you ask him/her to sign the hardcover or paperback. In fact I don't have hardcovers by any of these authors, yet (gotta get the Ep. II novel).

17. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Only three of the 10+ NJO books were ever in hardcover so those authors should not be offended. I have never seen any of the X-wing books in anything but paperback.

18. Panjin

Panjin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    I'm definitely planning of getting autographs at the Del Rey booth, but lugging around books all day is not in those plans!

I don't think it matters what you ask them to sign. The program for the Celebration will be my choice.

19. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    FYI MaraJoan, I own pretty much the whole NJO in hardcover thanks to the SciFi Book Club. They have consolidated all of the 2-book series (Dark Tide, Edge of Victory, etc.) into one book that contains both paperbacks. They usually sell them for around $12.99 (right around the cost of the 2 paperbacks).

Also, everything that I've read around other threads is that the author is signing out of his publisher's booth, they're not charging according to people's past experiences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.