main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Race in Star Wars

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Cyn, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Cyn

Darth Cyn Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 8, 2014
    Not a JCC topic and spoilery too. Don't do it again, or you'll be banned.

2. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    WDNDSWITYJCC

Edit: Apologies, Natasi.

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I don't feel like deciding. Maybe tomorrow.

4. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Has anyone seen the film yet?

5. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Wrong place, man.

6. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    There's a pod race in TPM?

7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Ummm...THAT is a rumor based on the fears of some posters based on interpretations of one website. There is 0% chance that Disney or LFL would allow such a thing - the marketing backlash would be HUGE.

For another (somewhat related) reason: the Finn character was open to all ethnicities. IF and I mean *if* the character was meant to be marketed as a red herring, it's not due to the actor's race, but the ROLE played by a black man.

There is just no way Finn would be marketed as - at worst - a co lead and possibly THE lead only to be a role to prop up Daisy's role. Not to mention that according to John himself, JJ said he is "the star" of the new movie. Again, no way the director would lie to the lead about his actual role.

To reiterate, it is possible to (mis) interpret one website's thoughts on what will happen based on supposed call sheets and be up in arms against that (mis) interpretation, but when you break it down - just no.

8. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    Well, it's complicated by the fact that Rey is a woman and women tend to get shafted as leads as well.

But I think it's a bit premature to decide this. The reason I say this is because even if Rey is the focus of Episode VII, Finn may very well be the focus of Episode VIII.

I noticed that in the prequel trilogy, for example, our main trio were each most prominent in one film.

Episode I is Padmé's story where the focus is really on her trying to save her people and planet and coming to realize that she needs to take the initiative.

Episode II has the main plot follow Obi-Wan. Anakin and Padmé have their romance and go after Anakin's mother, but none of this has any bearing on the galactic events unfolding. The focus is much more on Obi-Wan in this film.

Episode III is much more Anakin-focused in turn, with almost all of the important events of the film involving him.

The sequel trilogy may follow a similar pattern.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I don't know which mod told you to post here, but this is not remotely a JCC thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.