main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate "Race" Relations (was "U.S. Society and Black Men")

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi Merkurian , Aug 11, 2014.

1. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    d4 hitpoints/level, not that useful vs gunshots

3. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    It's a good thing Shadowrun makes their mages a tiny bit stronger than DND :p

4. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    I don't know, are you talking about hermetic mages, because their endless rituals really bogged the character down. Now, you are right on point with Shadowrun Adepts, who quickly became the Mary Sues of that universe.... "Oh, my adept has magical mastery with the Warhawk pistol....." or "my adept has the enhanced ability to never miss when I throw a frag grenade..." meh.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Kudos to the FBI, nabbed a Dylann Roof copycat in Myrtle Beach this morning, who was planning an attack on the Emanu-El Synagogue.

Apparently he had connections to White Supremacy groups from his time in the pokey, and ran to Facebook upon getting out to tell everyone about it. Told an undercover FBI agent he was planning a large scale attack.

Juliet316 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    And yet, these groups are not labelled domestic terrorist organisations.

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    How the blood of Emmett Till still stains America today

"In firmly tying Till's legacy to protests over black bodies, re segregation, voting rights struggles, hate crimes, and the creeping re-emergence of bigotry today, Tyson implores readers to learn that American tyranny already has a face, has already left millions of victims in its wake, and doesn't take a whole lot of imagination to fathom. Perhaps the dystopia we envision is not some far-off future, but simply a return to the past."

Juliet316 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  8. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I hope that somehow having a white supremacist like Bannon as the power behind the throne, as well as Trump himself, will turn more people off to racism.

9. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Only time will tell on that. I hope you're right.

10. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Remember when I brought up the whole Kelly Thomas thing a long time ago? Well I’m bringing it back up only because a Jury foreman involved with the trial named “Roy” came out to defend the verdict. Listening to this ******* defend the verdict was hard and infuriating. Thankfully the Friends for Fullerton radio people really tore him a new one. Here’s a link to the video and article so you all can listen to and read it for yourselves:

http://www.fullertonsfuture.org/201...victim-gets-no-sympathy-john-ken-rip-new-one/

^ ***Strong uncensored language warning for the article***

Keep in mind that the video is nearly thirty minutes long. There is also some light criticism of BLM from the radio hosts that may be perceived as unfair but overall they are right on the money. Now why am I bringing this up again? After all Thomas wasn’t black. Well it’s simply because this juror’s mentality can be applied when it comes to incidents like Eric Garner and Walter Scott too. It can be applied to anyone who was victimized by bad cops.

Here are my thoughts:

Now this foreman claimed that he believed that Kelly died of chest compression instead of asphyxiation. That's hilarious because the cops compressed Kelly's chest by sitting on him. So what are you saying Mr. Foreman? Are you admitting that the cops were responsible for Kelly's death? So why did he vote not guilty then? Well this foreman was a former defense lawyer so it's highly doubtful he would have convicted those two thugs to begin with. Now I bet that if the other jurors were going to convict then this foreman would have caused a mistrial just like with Michael Slager's trial.

He also claimed that the jury wasn't paid off or intimidated into delivering the not guilty verdict. I love that. I never once thought that he was paid off or intimidated. It was obvious that he was perfectly capable of deciding that completely idiotic verdict on his own.

Now some of the nicest people I have ever met and befriended are cops. Meeting with and befriending the wonderful cops is why I have such a strong hatred for cops who disgrace the badge and the people who blindly defend them.

Finally, some cold hard advice to this jury foreman: You should've kept your ******* mouth shut. Oh you're a victim? Go cry me a river.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  11. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  12. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Queue "disturbed loner" narrative [face_plain]

13. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

I would be willing to bet that the dumb-*** thought he was shooting "Muslim terrorists". Also nice to see a good Samaritan try to take action.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/24/us/kansas-olathe-bar-shooting/

14. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    On all fairness I should point out than a white guy, Ian Grillot was badly wounded by the terrorist when trying to intervene.

15. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    "I'm not a racist, Muslims aren't a race!"

16. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Even though he made racist remarks and targeted only one ethnic group, I think we have to remember that we don't have mind reading machines, so we don't actually know what he was thinking. Isn't the real crime here that the oppressive BIG GOVERNMENT is promoting political correctness and thought crimes?

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
  18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    No kidding. Hopefully this means someone at some level of government is taking white nationalism and white supremacy seriously.

19. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
  20. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Hey. Excuse you. Bannon is very serious about white nationalism.

Promoting it, anyway.

21. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Think that racism will somehow just go away simply because of multiracial children? Think again.

In other words, the problem won't go away simply by ****ing; we actually have to put in work to deal with racism.

22. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Meanwhile, from a US Congressman

[​IMG]

23. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Everything that comes of Congressman King's mouth is something stupid and hateful. That tweet is far from the worst thing that twit's said.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    As a white person, I want no part of King's idea of "destiny."

Being surrounded by people who do not share my skin color is astronomically preferable to having someone like him fulfill his disgusting "vision."

25. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Is King aware America is made up of former European colonies and was built with "somebody else's babies".......?