main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Racer Pilots

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by Animaniac24, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animaniac24

Animaniac24 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2004
    Probably posted here before, but Im reading the Ep I novelisation for the first time, and found that a few Podracer pilots were different. Xelbree, Obitoki, Bozzie Baranta, Habba Kee and Rimkar. the last one probably died in his crash in the previous race, but the other four all appeared in the Boonta Eve race, and some racers from the movie (Ratts Tyrell, Neva Kee, Dud Bolt, Ark Roose etc.) are missing.

I wondered if they were just different names for the racers (if so, who's who?), or if they were different characters. If the latter is the case, then are there any pictures of them?

Animaniac24

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    All characters from Boonta Eve are well described in SW Episode I: Podracers computer game, as well as the worlds Podracing takes place on.

In addition to those you mentioned: Mars Guo, Ben Quadrinarros, Ord Tyrell...

3. Animaniac24

Animaniac24 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2004
    People really seem to be missing my point.

In the movie, even on the DVD, the following racers appear:

1. Anakin Skywalker
    2. Sebulba
    3. Ben Quadinaros
    4. Ratts Tyerell
    5. Arc "Bumpy" Roose
    6. Neva Hee
    7. Ody Mandrell
    8. Elan Mak
    9. Clegg Holdfast
    10. Boles Roor
    11. Teemo Pagalies
    12. Aldar Beedo
    13. Dud Bolt
    14. Mars Guo
    15. Ebe Endocott
    16. Gasgano
    17. Wan Sandage
    18. Mawhonic

In addition to those, a few more are mentioned in the novelisation by Terry Brooks. But some of the above 18 arn't mentioned in the novelisation. Were they replaced between the release of the novel and the release of the movie or their names just changed or what?

Animaniac24

4. Star_Wars_Freak_2006

Star_Wars_Freak_2006 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    I belive Obitoki is the species of one of the racers. I might be wrong, but those names were probably thrown around before the official names were created. Remember the novel is written way before the movie's release. The Racer game added new racers, like Slide Paramita nd Bozzie Baranta.

5. DarthJohnkenobi

DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2004
    It's a novel adapted from a screen play. Chances are good names changed and characters were added/deleted during filming.

6. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    I belive Obitoki is the species of one of the racers.

It isn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.