main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Racer Revenge for PS2

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Lord Mauly Mall, Feb 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gonzo

Gonzo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2000
    another tip for KOs. Try not to focus on one pod. if you do this, you run the risk of distancing yourself from the rest of the race. I used the first lap to try to hit as many people as possible. dont worry about knocking anyone out in the first lap, just reduce everyone's health. then in the second lap, systematically move from racer to racer. Using EP1 Sebulba is a good choice, because he has the speed to catch up to the next racer after you KO someone, provided the racers are not too spread out. Its also good to try and ram someone right before a sharp turn. good luck.

2. C_3PO

C_3PO Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2001
    I ordered my copy from the LA comp store last Friday and when I called today to check the status of my order they said they don't have it yet and It's been back-ordered, even though the LA website says it's available now. What's goin on? HAS ANYBODY RECIEVED THEIR COPY FROM THE LUCASARTS WEBSITE YET??? PLEASE PM or IM ME. My yahoo IM id is monkey_numbr3. THANKS!

3. C_3PO

C_3PO Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2001
    Ok, someone just IM'd me but for some reason I couldn't read it. Could the person who just sent me an IM please send me an email or PM? My address is on my profile. Thank you very much.

4. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    The Sullust track is awesome with all its jumps! That one might be my favorite so far. I don't think I've ever played a game that gave a better experience of travelling at insanely high speeds, not even Gran Tourismo.

5. ZamWesell

ZamWesell Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2002
    I'd rather it be just straight out racing instead of having to get KOs. My just beat the Boonta Eve Classic and he didn't even get the pod maxxed out yet. Does anyone know if you can go back and get the money from some of the race? Do you have to do that before go through the tournament again or can you select any track in the tournament after you collect the rest of the money? I can't play the game all the time cause I don't have the console.

And does anyone happen to know if there are any codes or whatnot?

6. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    C_3PO I got my copy from LA.

Zam you have to reset the tournament in order to try again to max your pod out.

I finally got Maul last night. For the Gamorr stages do not do them in Single mode because you face harder opponets if you have the racer's tourament done. I went back and redid Seb EP1's tournament the racers were easier to pick off.

7. Lord-Rayzer

Lord-Rayzer Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2002
    My friends brother went and got a gameshark so I don't have to worry about anything, unless I want a challenge by doing it honestly.

8. ganner_rhysode

ganner_rhysode Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2001
    Anyone know the British release date? :)

9. ZamWesell

ZamWesell Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2002
    Out of curiosity, do any of the players come with weapons? My friend was saying that in the first game Sebulba had something like a flame thrower and I was wondering if anyone in this game comes equipped to do heavy duty damage.

10. Dimetrodon

Dimetrodon Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 24, 2001
    any tips for getting best times in one lap or whole race for bonta eve and nightlands?

they are the only things i need to do to get anakin an watto

11. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    I might get a PS2 along with SW Racer Revenge. I beat SW Racer in less than a week, I felt I wasted my money. This game better be challenging.

12. Yodarth

Yodarth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    I went to the only 2 places in my town that should have had the game, but neither did of course. Still didn't get it out in their monthly stocking of shelves. It's sad when a town of 12,000 has nothing but idiots in it. I'm all for big cities :)

13. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    It's not after unlocking everyone I got board of the game real quick.

14. Jedi_WindShadow

Jedi_WindShadow Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    ONCE YOU LEARN THAT TO HAVE A PERFECT POD YOU HAVE TO RACE EVERY TRACK MULTIPLE TIMES, FOR EVERY POD, THE AMOUNT OF TIME FOR THIS IS NOT SMALL.
    YOU GET PAID FOR 7TH-4TH, BUT ONLY ONCE EACH FOR EACH TRAXCK.
    RACE IT ONCE, KO SOMEONE, GET A LITTLE CASH.
    RACE IT TWICE KO TWO, GET A LITTLE MORE.
    JUST COME IN LAST PLACE. ONCE YOU GET TO 4TH, KO PAR AND RUN FOR 1ST. IT'S THE ONLY WAY I CAN SEE TO GET A PERFECT POD BY THE END OF THE TOURNAMENT.

15. bountyhunter2999

bountyhunter2999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    SOunds reasonable.

16. Jedi_WindShadow

Apr 29, 2002
    FOR THOSE HAVING A HARD TIME GETTING PAR KOS I SAY KNOW THE TRACK. ONCE YOU'VE RACED IT A COUPLE OF TIOMES IN THE TIME TRIALS,(ALSO LET'S YOU WORK ON GETTING YOUR NAME IN EVERY SLOT, NEED FOR THE THREE EXTRA PODS)YOU KNOW THE FEEL FOR WHERE THE NEXT GOOD STRAIGHT AWAY IS. WHEN WORKING A POD OVER, AIM FFOR THE LAST 1/4 OF THE ENGINE, THEN BOOST INTO THE GUY. THE BOOST IS KEY IT LETS YOU HAMMER THEM WITH ABOUT 3-4 HITS INSTEAD OF 6 -8.

17. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Welcome to the Games Forum.

A little pointer... you might like to consider not posting in all-capital letters in future. Seeing posts in all-caps tends to get some of the regulars all excitable.

18. bountyhunter2999

Mar 13, 2002
    For those who don't know, the post above me was from MOD man extrodanaire, JP. He dishes out the disciplinary actions. Obey him and you'll be fine. If you don't, he'll take years off you life (and not the crummy ones). ;)

EDIT: JP, just making sure everyone knows what is shaking ' n ' baking here.

19. Jedi_WindShadow

Apr 29, 2002
    To whom it may concern.
    No offense entended with my earlier posts,
    I work with a caps key all the time, and tend to be forgetful.
    By the way thanks to all who posted how to get EP1 Sebulba. I'm using him to finish off the KO charts and the best Race times.
    Sincerely-
    Malo Koa aka Jedi_Windshadow

20. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Up for BH2999

21. bountyhunter2999

Mar 13, 2002
    Thanks jp.

-----------------------------------------------------

I've had Racer Revenge since about a month after it's release. I"ve gotten everything unlocked except for Anakin from Ep1. To get him, you need the best lap time for all the races. I've gotten the best lap time for all the races except the last one, "Boonta Eve Classic."

I've spent the past week using Darth Maul to get the best lap time on the last race, but I can't do it. Does anyone have some tips that can be useful to me?

I'd really appreciate it. The game is driving me nuts.

22. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Has anyone heard of any plans to port this to another console or PC? Did it not sell that well?

23. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I've been desperately hoping for a PC port. If not, I may have to try my luck with PS2 emulation... *shudder*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.