main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Racial Double Standards

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Suzuki_Akira, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Not unless Mexican is a race. There is no Central and South American 'race, it's just that racist has become the ultimate in prejudice buzz words just saying nativist doesn't immediately grab peoples attention like you want.

The largest difference between the wave of latino immigrants legal and otherwise and similar waves from Europe, is niether their poverty nor the natavist response, it's sheer numbers.

2. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
  3. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Farraday, congratulations on contrariness for its own sake. I'm discussing prejudice in general. Have you now sufficiently supplied your ego at correcting a notion societally accepted 'race' which is in fact not even an ethnicity? If so, perhaps you could address my actual point. Or perhaps your only reason for posting was to project your own leapt-to conclusion of me using racism as a 'buzz word' when I was merely using the accepted definition of race as opposed to the scientific.

For a long time in this world it's been known that only one person knows that Hispanics are not a race, and thank God we've found him. If smart alecky posts constituted good debating, hell, I'd have given up already. You're obviously on an entirely different level of intelligence than I am. I was using the term racism because it's "politcally correct", but **** decency. You've shown me what a freaking moron I am. I'll never use anything that isn't literal again. Thank you, God of the Factual and Persecuter of the Idiom.

4. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    Take a breath people...

5. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Ooooh self righteous indignation. This after accusing people of claiming that blacks were anti intellectual, bringing in out of context facts, and then making smart alecky comments to no purpose.

And then you get indignent because someone calls you on you're unwillingness to get the ******* terms right. Do you want intellecutal debate or not? Or do you just want a friggen soap box to bitch on?

If you want to post here I suggest you either engage your brain or leave. You were wrong, instead of acting like that's my fault how about you admit to it and move on?

Now, lets get back to the topic if you're done with your little snit.

6. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    I already said in my post that you 'corrected' me, i.e. I was wrong. Not only that, but there's a difference between 'smart' and 'smart aleck'. I assume that that too is a mistake, or perhaps you're only one of the aforementioned. How about you address my post, which was the last in the actual argument section of our debate, instead of trying to call me out to make it look like you're actually talking about something important.

7. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    *knee slapping*

*rolling along the floor

And you know the best way to correct poverty?

Education.

Oh...wait...

If you would like to discuss racism feel free. If you want to be a hypocrite and yell at anyone who corrects you go away and don't bother to return.

Either way feel free to stop making yourself the focus of this discussion. I did not "call you out" I was responding to your comments I was nto making an attack upon you and then you decided that everything was about you and what a horrible thing it was to take your words at face value.

Can you possibly get over yourself and back to the topic?

8. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    EDIT: Deferring to Kimball. But I will ask again, for possibly the third time, for you to reply to the last on topic post I made.

9. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    Can you possibly get over yourself and back to the topic?

Good advice for both of you.

Kimball Kinnison

10. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    It took me awhile to find it.

The poor uneducated Ozarks will be judged as poor and uneducated, whereas poor and uneducated blacks will be judged as poor and uneducated black people. There is a difference, although both are disadvantaged.

As long as people insist on putting the word black in to the phrase there's going to be a difference. If you insist on a seperate reckoning there's goign to eb a difference As logn as you insist that they are poor and uneducated "blacks" instead of insisting that they are poor and uneducated you immediately reinforce the difference you claim to be trying to eradicate.

The only possible reason for doing so is the innate belief that skin color is decisive. Is that really the attiude you want to promote?

11. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    It is what I want to promote as long as skin is decisive. It is as bad to highlight color differential as it is to ignore it's existance in hopes that it will erase itself.

12. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    It is as bad to highlight color differential as it is to ignore it's existance in hopes that it will erase itself.

Catch 22.

Then it will never end. You will continue to convince black and white people alike that black men are less capable.

The only arguement left will be why.

You'll blame "The Man" and we'll point to the successful black men and say, "No. It is not the man. Look at ____"

But it will never end.

13. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    If it's a Catch 22 that means it won't end either way.

14. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    If it's a Catch 22 that means it won't end either way.

Sure it will, but it is up to the black community to do it. Though I am white, I've learned the hard way that when you give a disadvantaged person something, you are holding them back. I grew up on welfare with no father. As I grew up, I became a drunk. When all sources of aid dried up, I changed. But as long as my job, my wife, my government was willing help me, I could do as I pleased and it was always someone else's fault.

You wanna help the black community? Don't back down from gangs. Work with the police to clean your neiborhoods up.

Don't accept fatherlessness as a fact. Hold yourselves responsible to your families. Treat your women with respect and dignity.

Raise your children to hold their heads high, not because they are black, but because they are Americans and the only ones who can stop them is in the mirror.

15. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Not backing down from gangs is a good way to die.

But I see what you're saying. But what I'm saying is that it's going to take a lot of work (But from BOTH sides!) to change this problem, because the problem indeed is on both sides. Pretending it isn't there will just let the wound fester. Disinfect, dangit, disinfect!

16. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    But what I'm saying is that it's going to take a lot of work (But from BOTH sides!) to change this problem, because the problem indeed is on both sides.

Yes it is. We need to stop public housing, for one. That is just one more reason to live in an area where there is less hope.

17. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    Treat your women with respect and dignity.

How very stereotypical of you. Because the rappers talk about hoes and how often they get laid means that they're all like that? :confused:

18. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    How very stereotypical of you. Because the rappers talk about hoes and how often they get laid means that they're all like that?

The music is a symptom, not the cause. If you wanna tip-toe around the issues and scream racism, that's cool, but I'm gonna ignore you.

EDIT: KidRock (whom I love) and eimineim are white, BTW. It is more of a social economic issue than race. That is where they came from.

19. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    It just may be possible that white communities experience more or as much rape than black communities. I'll look it up.

20. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    I never said anythign about racism. I said it was stereotypical. There is a difference you know.

21. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    Negative stereotyping is the very definition of racism, as I understand it.

22. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Okay, it seems that my hypothesis was correct, and that black and whites tend to be raped at about the same frequency according to a National Rape institution (RAINN). Negative stereotyping is stereotyping against a group negatively. He might have assumed that you were talking about ghetto people rather than just blacks because your other posts seem to lean that way, and thus it wouldn't necessarily be racism.

23. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    Okay, it seems that my hypothesis was correct, and that black and whites tend to be raped at about the same frequency according to a National Rape institution (RAINN).

I would inagine that to be the case. Why?

He might have assumed that you were talking about ghetto people rather than just blacks because your other posts seem to lean that way, and thus it wouldn't necessarily be racism.

Conceeded. I still stand by my point.

24. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    I assumed that that was where you were going with "treat your women with respect and dignity". If I'm mistaken, then please tell me what you meant.

25. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    I assumed that that was where you were going with "treat your women with respect and dignity". If I'm mistaken, then please tell me what you meant.

Actually it makes little difference. Wheather it is Harlem or the "White-Trash" trailor park down the street. Mistreatment of women and lack of fathers are common links to the poverty. IMO.

EDIT: But to be clear, I was, at that moment, refurring to the black community.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.