main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Racing that flying Deku tree in Majora's Mask

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Excellence, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    You know how you get to race that Deku chamberlian after doing the Woodfall dungeon? He's on a flying umbrella, and winning earns you a mask.

Well, does he mean when he says he misses his son? It has to mean something, as son is in red text. Perhaps that shriveled tree thing right at the beginning of the game you see?

Does anyone know? What does the strategy book say about this?

Thanks!

2. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I think GameFAQs may have the answer...

The king is so thankful, he'll give you a reward, though you
      have to find it. If you played the original Ocarina of Time, you'll know what
      to do when you get there. It's in a cave on the left side of the palace (right
      side as you exit). Instead of Dampé leading you through a twisting maze, it's
      the butler this time. Keep up with him, and don't touch the fire as a scrub, or
      else you're toast. You can transform into Link for the jumping parts and the
      fire maze. It's a lot tougher this time. Your prize is the Mask of Scents. The
      Butler also mentions something about who you resemble... Remember that sad-
      looking tree at the beginning of the game before you entered Termina?....

I remember when I did this, I followed attentively the first time, and then for the second time, I just pegged it through the maze and made it.

The trick is to switch constantly between the Deku mask, normal link and the bunny hood, which gives you a constant speed boost.

That help?

3. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    Thanks, SoloCommand, but that's not what I meant. :D

I meant who is his son, that tree thing at the start of the game? What I would like toknow is, does the butler just say it for talk, or can you do something about it? I'm sure the game designers would have put "son" in red text for nothing when he says it. :D

4. Billy_Shears

Billy_Shears Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2002
    I've tried figuring it out, but I can't get to anything. It shows him crying in front of his son at the end.....

5. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    At the end of the game, Billy?

6. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Yup. *sniff* I love bittersweet endings.. ;_;

7. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    That's right. Forgot about that. With that odd scene, and the butler's son in red text as he spoke of him to Link after the race, there has to be more to it . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.