main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Racing Through the Stars (A/P, Obi-wan, Mace) - SEQUEL to DWTSW - Complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VA_Parky, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2005
    Mace was probably rude to him... Mace has no feeling.

Padme, just kill him, lol! [face_laugh]

2. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    ooooooo, interesting turn of events. [face_hypnotized]

so Mace knows Jerrick. hmmm, an ex-Jedi, perhaps??

3. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Jaira ? Not exactly an ex-Jedi? That's a very good guess though! :) I hope you know my thoughts are with you and your sweet little cat. [:D]

HandmaidenVeme ? This chapter should reveal a bit more about Jarrick and that infamous gemstone! Thanks for the good wishes about DJ. He?s still hanging in there! [face_dancing]

Luna_Nightshade ? You?ll find out more about the Jarrick/Mace connection in this chapter. Thanks for reading!

VaderLVR64 ? Yes, ?curiouser? should definitely be a word! It just makes sense, you know? We should petition the folks that publish the dictionary!

ChewbacaRocks ? She definitely wants to shoot him, too bad he took her blaster away! [face_shame_on_you] I can?t tell you how much I appreciate the kind thoughts for DJ! :)

MasterEnder ? Hee! Yes, Mace doesn?t exactly spread sunshine everywhere he goes, does he? [face_laugh] And on behalf of my stubborn little rabbit ? thanks for the prayers! [:D]

Gina ? Well, Padmé may give in, but it won?t be for the reasons he?s hoping for. ;) I appreciate the support for DJ. It really does mean so much.

KELIA ? TX-306 will only take the programming so far, unfortunately. And I?ve noticed that Mace has a lot to answer for around here, doesn?t he? :)

Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker ? Mace wasn't exactly rude, just a bit more blunt than he needed to be? Read on to find out more!

Lady_Jade ? Hmmm? Not an ex-Jedi? but he would have at least liked the opportunity! [face_mischief]

ALL ? I am happy to report that DJ is still with us. He?s still eating and seems to be getting around okay most of the time, so I?m taking that as a positive sign. All the support you have sent my way has meant so much, it's impossible to put into words. Thank you! [:D] [:D] [:D]

On a story-related note, I plan to post the next update on Wednesday! See you then! Current PM list: KELIA, ChewbacaRocks, zvalarens, VaderLVR64, Gina, Master Tiin, MasterEnder, Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker, HandmaidenVeme, Jaira, Lady_Jade, FitJedi and MoeTharen.

Padmé?s thoughts collided with each other, struggling to make sense of this strange turn of events. [i]Master Windu knows him? How is that possible?[/i] As difficult as it was, she pushed the questions aside and returned her focus to the recordings.

"Ah, so good of you to remember," Jarrick responded smoothly.

"How could I forget such a powerful Force user?" Mace parried, his breaths coming shallow and quick.

"So you've finally acknowledged what I have known all my life," Jarrick mocked.

"I never denied it."

"Ah yes, but how did you put it all those years ago? [i]'The boy's age is too great, and I sense the Dark Side around him; he is not fit to be a Jedi.'[/i] Is that not correct?"

"Perhaps. But I will take this opportunity to point out that my intuition evidently served me well," Mace commented dryly, flinching as his strength continued to drain away. He gradually allowed his head to sink to the cold floor.

"Well if this isn't a sight to behold," Jarrick ridiculed. "The great Jedi Master Windu collapsed before me. The feeling is as powerful as I had anticipated."

"You call yourself powerful?" Mace panted. "I only see cowardice. You refused to face us until your weapon had done the hard work for you."

[i]"I am the weapon!" [/i] Jarrick shouted as his hood fell away, revealing the look of intense loathing on his face. "It is my Dark power that fuels the object that is so relentlessly destroying your connection to the Light side of the Force! Don't you see the beauty of it? The only thing the Jedi have clung to for the past thousands years will be its downfall!"

Ignoring Mace?s intense stare, Jarrick continued, his voice dripping with glee, "When the Jedi are eliminated, I will be the one responsible and I assure you - I will savor the feeling."

Padmé watched in muted horror as Anakin began to stir. Such an air of r

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh no, not another evil cliffie!

[face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil]

You're becoming far too proficent with them [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you]

*sigh*

I certainly hope somebodyis able to do something

I think we should implement an evil cliffie free day or week :D

Looking forward to Wednesday

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. Lady_Jade

May 22, 2004
    *gasp* Another evil cliffie!!!! [face_devil]

But what does it all mean?? What's going to happen to Padme??? [face_worried] I guess I'll just have to wait til Wednesday to find out.

*thinks* Hey, a new post on my birthday!!! Yay! :-D

6. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Oh noes for Padme!

The similarities between Jarrick and Anakin are uncanny. *growls at Mace*

Good job! =D=

7. ChewbacaRocks

ChewbacaRocks Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2005
    Oh, I hope Wednesday comes soon soon soon!!!!!:_|

:eek: How can you leave us like this??? What's goin to happen to Padme now?

Great post, thanx for the pm, and please post soon[face_praying] [face_praying]

8. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
  9. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lady_Jade!!!!! It's my Birthday too:D !!!!! Yay, for us!!!!

I can't wait until Wednesday as well! Maybe it would be a good idea for Anakin to tap into the darkside in order to free himself as well as Obi-wan and Mace and then when they're freed they can bring him back to the light.

10. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Dec 3, 2005
    The control panel blinked three times, revealing the time had come. She gave the captives one final glance, confused by the sight of their emotion. What did they expect? She had a duty to perform, Jarrick had commanded her. Without another thought, she took a deep breath?

?and pulled the lever

How evil! Jarrick must be one strong Force user to capture Anakin like that!

What an evil cliffie!
    *Starts counting hours till wednesday*

11. MasterEnder

MasterEnder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2005
    That was really evil.:mad: ;)

Anakin needs to fight this crystal thing so he can save Padme. Not to mention Mace and Obi. I mean, you can't leave her to herself. I think the jedi should have been able to do something.Good Update.

12. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    What did I say about those evil cliffies?? [face_shame_on_you] Tsk, tsk, tsk... Qui-Gon's rebellion I sense in you. Need that, you do not! ;)

Another great chapter! =D=

13. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    You're getting way too good at this cliffie thing! [face_shame_on_you]

More soon? Please? [face_praying]

14. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    KELIA ? Sorry about the plethora of cliffies! I must confess, this chapter ends with one as well ? but I think you may be pleasantly surprised!

Lady_Jade ? Happy Birthday, my friend! [:D] I hope it was a wonderful day, filled with all your favorite things!

Luna_Nightshade ? Yes, Jarrick and Anakin are an awful lot alike. Coincidence? [face_thinking]

ChewbacaRocks ? Read on to find out how Padmé is faring!

Jaira ? :D

HandmaidenVeme ? Aw, Happy Birthday to you as well! Did you have a fantastic day? I hope so! [:D]

Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker ? Never fear, Wednesday is here! (You can see why I don?t write poetry). [face_laugh]

MasterEnder ? Believe me, the Jedi WANT to do something, but as long as that crystal is functioning, they are... well, up the creek. ;)

VaderLVR64 ? Hee! [face_laugh] Your review was hysterical! I thought I?d give you guys a break on this chapter just to show how nice I am! [face_batting]

Gina ? As you wish, a brand new chapter! Whee! (And thanks for bringing it back to the top so I didn?t have to go searching for it)! [face_blush]

ALL ? I will be tied up on Friday so you will either see a new post from me late tomorrow or over the weekend. Thanks for bearing with me, but most of all ? thanks for reading!!!

Anakin remained motionless, Padmé's favorite cloak strewn haphazardly across his back. The finely knit fabric still held his wife?s familiar scent, comforting and frightening him in the same breath? for its presence could only mean one thing: She was there and Jarrick had her.

He whispered her name in his head, wishing the simple task had the power to summon her physically. Soon, the call became a desperate litany, [i]Padmé, Padmé?[/i] Unfortunately, the small consolation allowed other thoughts ? the darker ones ? to enter his mind as well.

[i]If he lays a single finger on her, I will kill him.[/i]

Truth be told, he wouldn?t even know whether she was hurt. His connection with the Force had been so weakened that any attempt to connect with her left him gasping for breath. Nevertheless, he knew he would continue to try ? no matter what the cost to his own health.

?Calm yourself,? Obi-wan prompted.

Anakin?s gaze went to the two shadowed forms of the Jedi Masters, feeling guilty. They were the epitome of calm, dutifully prepared for whatever may come.

?I?ll try, Master,? he replied wearily.

Suddenly, the gemstone pulsed rapidly, casting prisms of light over the vast room. The burst of activity left them even weaker, and Anakin had to struggle mightily to get himself into a sitting position. He was then faced with the realization that Padme?s cloak had shifted, spilling a few items from the inner pocket.

A searing pain stabbed his heart as he spied the blue water-stone he had given her when they were in the caverns all those days ago. He had known she would like it, but he never dreamed she would actually save it. The fact that she did made him smile.

His wife, the fierce and noble Senator, had quite a sentimental streak.

Unfortunately, his peaceful reflections were shattered by the sound of an adjacent door sliding open. He watched Jarrick enter, eyes already glowing red in anticipation. Obi-wan and Mace didn?t even acknowledge his presence, not moving a single muscle...

...until they saw who was behind him. And even then, their spent bodies could only recoil in sorrow.

Padmé...

She lurched into the room, her hair in tangles where it met the curve of her shoulders. Her eyes were dead and expressionless, two blank spots set into the contours of her face. Her lips were pressed together, occasionally parting in a silent scream. Like a blast straight through the heart, Anakin remembered Master Windu's words:

[i]"Milady, you must find a way to stop these visions once they start. Shut them out. Expel this unwelcome visitor from your mind. If you don't, I'm afraid there may come a time where you w

15. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    True love defeats evil - I love it!

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Thank the Force Padme held on to that stone Anakin gave her.

If Jarrick hasn't been destroyed yet - I'm sure he won't stand a chance against the 4 of them.

What a wonderful update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

16. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Woo-hoo! I knew Padme was a fighter. Love conquers evil - just perfect. :D Jarrick doesn't stand a chance now, at least I hope not. ;)

Excellent as always! :D

17. Lady_Jade

May 22, 2004
    Wow [face_hypnotized]

True love conquers all!!!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Yay for Padme! =D=

so ok, the threat is over....so back i'm guessing its back to the race!

18. MasterEnder

MasterEnder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2005
    If you will excuse me, I have to go do a happy dance now.

[face_dancing] :D [face_dancing] :D [face_dancing] :D

Okay, I'm alright now. Good wins, Bad loses, life is GOOD.:D

19. ChewbacaRocks

ChewbacaRocks Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2005
    Love won!!! Now that is what I call b-e-a-u-tiful!!!!:D

That was a terrific post, and I can't wait to see what will happen next!

Thanx for the pm, and please post soon:D

20. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Yipee! Padme did it!!! The awesome power of love:D

21. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Roar for Padme!

I do sense some mush will be forthcoming. ;)

Good job! =D=

22. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Dec 3, 2005
    I'm so happy that Padme didn't threw that stone away. And besides who wouldn't survive watching Anakin [face_love] !

Jarrick, I hope you have a plan B!

23. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Ohh goodness, you had me worried there for a second. I thought Padme was completely lost- woo! What a cliff hanger though. Can't wait for more, more more! Well done!

24. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Lovely! Absolutely lovely! Now, however, there seem to be a few things that need to be resolved! [face_thinking]

Looking forward to the next chapter! :D

25. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    True love conquers all!!!! Ah, now I'm tearing up....:_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.