main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Racing Through the Stars (A/P, Obi-wan, Mace) - SEQUEL to DWTSW - Complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VA_Parky, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoeTharen

MoeTharen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2005
    Hi. I'm a new reader. :D This story is awesome, and I'm not quite sure how to reply. I hope it's ok with you if I paste my faveorite parts. :D

Once again, she was mildly startled by the change in their appearances - Obi-wan's trademark beard was gone and his hair had been lightened and cut into a short, crisp style. The easy grin on his face made him look young and carefree.

Whooo-hoo! Sounds hot ta me!! :D

"Masters! It is so good to see you," Threepio called, raising his arm in a greeting. "I am looking forward to our upcoming time together. I only hope it's not too dangerous."

[face_laugh] Ah yes. Threepio is hardly welcome on an intense mission. ;)

They nodded politely as they passed the approaching contestants, grinning at the sight of an extremely agitated Obi-wan Kenobi and Mace Windu as they sprinted towards the hologram, Threepio stumbling merrily behind them.

[face_laugh] I laughed out loud at that image.

She braced herself against the assault, not allowing the snake to cause her to lose her leverage. She was tiring, but her fierce resolve never faltered. Finally, the creature seemed to give up and she broke away, pulling herself forward once again.

Wow. Padme's a lot tougher than I thought. :)

"Climb," she blurted, her eyes sparkling.

"Are you sure-" he started, his words trailing off as he saw her marching towards the cliff. Grabbing a solid handhold, she pulled herself off the ground. Anakin followed, shaking his head in sheer admiration.

Go Padme! [face_dancing]

But not before hearing, "We'll review the rest of the System in the morning."

Blast!

LOL!!! Poor Obi.

Moments later, Padmé found herself pressing her lips together to keep her laughter from erupting. There was her husband, the Chosen One, clad in a bright blue body suit, its stiffness making his movements awkward. Even funnier, he was actually trying to run to keep his slim lead over Master Windu - who didn't appear too pleased with the attempt. Obi-wan made a sound like a strangled cough, but it was obvious he was also simply trying to hold his amusement at bay

[face_laugh]!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!! *Puffs inhaler* That was perfect!!!

Before they could get too far, she was pulled away again - this time by Mace. If it was possible, he looked even more out of sorts than his partner. Dancing with him is sort of what dancing with Threepio must be like, she mused.

I loved the entire dance scene. :D

"Dake, for the love of- just grab a flower!" Mace instructed, the frustration evident in his tone.

I laughed out loud again. Just the thought...They actually went for the flowers!!! ROTFLOL!!!!

Finally, the commotion subsided as the young Jedi Master jumped up, clutching a brightly colored flower in his hands. ?Got it!"

LOL!!!!!! Go Obi, GO! [face_dancing]

She entered the maze cautiously before sprinting from tunnel to tunnel, eventually losing her way altogether. Rounding a corner, she staggered slightly and a faraway look fell over her eyes. From that point on, she seemed to float through the maze, navigating it with ease, rarely making another incorrect turn.

Moments later, she came to the final exit, where a stack of clues had been set out in preparation. She plucked one from the bin, but her eyes remained glassy and blank. Almost dead.

That certainetly IS perplexing. [face_thinking]

A Jedi does not pick a fight with a roomful of tipsy men while undercover for a reality show, he silently amended.

Yes, that was much more fitting.

Lol! There's one they need to add. o_O

"Tarv, perhaps the other option might be a bit more-" Obi-wan's sentence was cut off by Mace's sharp reply.

"No, Dake - this is clearly the better choice. Now, you must be seated in the saddle, so go ahead - climb on up."

ROTFLOL!!!!! I KNEW they'd take that one! Oh this will be most amusing!

The Bogurt didn't move.

In fact, it appeared to go to sleep.

"Well, we're making exce

2. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    [face_laugh] Ah man, practically ordered to finish the race!!! [face_laugh]

are we sure its just that they wanted to see one more bickering match between Obi-Wan and Mace?? ;)

3. ChewbacaRocks

ChewbacaRocks Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2005
    [face_laugh] jees, they practically get killed, and then they have to finish the race!

I'm so sad this story is coming to an end, but I can't wait for more!

Great post as always!=D=

Thanx for the pm, and more soon please:D

4. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Yea, Artoo managed to save the day! So glad the little droid's okay. Like Padme said, things wouldn't be as exciting without him. :D

Maybe they'll be able to get some valuable information from the housekeeping droid. And now they have to finish the race?!? [face_laugh]

Excellent chapters! :D

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Hooray, Artoo! MY hero! [face_love]

Another great chapter, and I can't wait to see who wins the race! ;)

=D=

6. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Alls well that ends well! Atleast for now that is.;)

How much time did they use when they were held prisoners? Won't they be pretty far behind from the lead? I can't wait to see how this ends and I look forward to the next "Reality" fic!

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Artoo is okay - what a relif!

I just loved the fuss Threepio made over him- very typical!

I?m afraid our instructions are to return to Binkai to finish the Race."

Now that ought to be good! I can't wait to see what the next challenge is.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Yay! More challenges for Mace and Obi to screw up!!![face_dancing]

9. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    MasterEnder ? Read on to find the final standings from this crazy adventure! [face_mischief] Thanks for sticking with the story ? it was always so nice to hear from you!

MoeTharen ? Hello there! Welcome to ?Racing Through the Stars.? Unfortunately, we are nearly done here, but I do have a third story in the works. Perhaps you?ll join us for that? I adored all of your comments ? that was really nice of you to take the time to do that - made my day, in fact! Thank you! [:D]

Lady_Jade ? Hee! I?m not sure whether the Council is enjoying Obi-wan and Mace?s public displays of outrage or not? (But I sure am)! [face_laugh]

ChewbacaRocks ? I?m so glad you liked the story so much ? I hope you?ll join me for the next one!

Gina ? Yes, they have to finish the Race, much to their annoyance! Thanks so much for reading ? it?s been so wonderful to hear what you think. [face_blush]

VaderLVR64 ? The final results are coming right up! Thanks for all your support and kind words throughout this silly little adventure. I?m so glad you came along for the ride! [:D]

HandmaidenVeme ? Aw, thank you! I?m so glad you?re looking forward to the next story. As far as the overall standings ? they aren?t actually behind at all. The next leg hadn?t started yet ? you see, they were only gone for a night and part of the next day.

KELIA ? Not just one challenge but four of them, just for my wonderful readers. Hope you like it ? they were fun to dream up. Thanks for all your support ? you?ve been so great! :)

Jaira ? Not only do they have new challenges to mess up but that means there are new ones to argue over! Hee! I?m thrilled that you have stuck with me the whole way ? thanks! @};-

ALL ? Well, this is the end of the road for ?Racing Through the Stars.? I can?t thank you enough for all your support and enthusiasm for this crazy roller-coaster of a story. I will be back soon with the final installment in this ?Reality Trilogy.? It is called ?Skating with the Star Wars.? What kind of skating? Well, that would be the kind on ice. [face_mischief] [face_skull]

Please let me know if you would like to be on the PM list for it and I?ll send you a note when I post it ? probably in a week or two. THANK YOU! @};-

[b]TWO WEEKS LATER - PLANET RUSHWOKIAH[/b]

"...Teams must transfer the bales of hay before following the Survivor's Trail to its conclusion! Hurry! The Finish Line is waiting!" Padmé called, growing more excited with every word.

Grinning at her infectious display of enthusiasm, Anakin followed her to the large competition field. They were just getting ready to start the challenge when Obi-wan and Mace bounded over the ridge, arguing loudly.

"Once again, I find myself quite disappointed in your map reading skills!" Mace sniffed.

"I never got a chance to study the map - you took it before I could,? Obi-wan insisted.

"Dake, how many times do I have to tell you? This is not the time for excuses!"

Padmé stifled a giggle as she carted the heavy load of straw from one side of the field to the other. Anakin raised his eyebrows suspiciously and sent her an amused inquiry: [i]Are you having a laugh at the Jedi Masters' expense?[/i]

Hiding her face, she innocently replied: [i]Me? Never![/i]

Although her legs were burning from the strain, she dumped the load of straw into the waiting bin and hurried towards the next obstacle, laughing when she saw what it was ? quite literally, a stone wall.

Her adventurous husband was already halfway up the structure so she grabbed a handhold determinedly. She refused to be the reason Obi-wan and Mace got ahead.

The still-healing wounds on her back groaned in protest, but she pressed on, ignoring the mild pain. She had only clambered up a few yards when Anakin swung himself up and over the top.

[i]Well, that's a tad humbling,[/i] she grumbled.

Searching for the next foothold, she dug in her

10. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Ah--eee! First post? [face_mischief]

I'm sorry I missed the other post--I caught up! I loved the ending, especially your judicious way of dealing with who would win. ;) I loved the interaction between Obi-Wan and Mace... "I am very wise." [face_laugh]

Great job! A Skating one will be forthcoming? How... intriguing. *imagines Obi-Wan ice skating*

[face_laugh]

Please pm me when it is born.

11. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    [face_laugh] Oh man, what an awesome way to finish!!! :D

Though I must say....I shall miss Dake and Tarv terribly...... ;)

Skating with the Stars, huh?? I can't wait; I LOVE ice skating!!!!

12. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Obi-wan and Mace bounded over the ridge, arguing loudly.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

How nice to see them getting along so well in this last post. :p

None of our heros won?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That was an unexpected twist [face_devil]

Well, I am sorry to see this story end. It was so much fun to read but I look forward to your next series. Please keep me on your PM list.

Bravo on a story well written

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

13. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    A perfect ending! =D= =D= Their scramble for the finishing mat was simply hysterical! [face_laugh]

Sensing the compliment, she turned towards him and smiled. For a few seconds, he simply took in the sight of her? the way her braid spilled over her shoulder, the smudge of dirt on her forehead, the sparkle of mischief in her eyes. He had never seen her look more beautiful.

This is how I will always picture her, he silently vowed.

Awwww!!! [face_love] [face_love]

Looking forward to the next installment in this series. Please PM me when it begins! And thanks for sharing such a wonderful story. :D

14. ChewbacaRocks

ChewbacaRocks Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2005
    aww, that was a cute ending!!! I am so dissapointed that it is over though!:_|

Great story!

Thanx for all the pms and you can sighn me up for your next story!:D

15. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Aw, what a great ending! The perfect mix of humor and emotion. =D==D= Thank you for such a fun story!!! You always talk about your great readers, but we have a great author to follow because you are always so nice and caring, and you write an enjoyable story. Put me on the PM list for the next one, please

16. MoeTharen

MoeTharen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2005
    Hmmm, a third story, you say? I'll be there all right! I really like your writing style, Parky. :D

"Once again, I find myself quite disappointed in your map reading skills!" Mace sniffed.

"I never got a chance to study the map - you took it before I could,? Obi-wan insisted.

"Dake, how many times do I have to tell you? This is not the time for excuses!"

[face_laugh] I love those two's witty banter. Brightens my day nicely, laughing at them. :D

Searching for the next foothold, she dug in her toes and pushed up. At long last, her fingers curled over the top of the wall and a pair of warm hands grasped them tightly. She looked up, face-to-face with a beaming Anakin.

"It's about time you got up here, Liri," he teased

Aw! [face_love] He's always there for her. [face_love]

"You must get lower, Tarv!" Obi-wan warned. "If you don't, you're going to-"

"Ouch!" Mace yelped. The scent of a singed tunic filled the air.

"You really should listen to me. I am very wise," Obi-wan said gravely.

[face_laugh]!!!! Yes Mace, listen to Obi-Wan!

"Congratulations, Tarv. And you too, Dake," Anakin said, bowing politely. Padmé stepped forward and embraced the Jedi Masters, praising their effort. She linked her hand with Anakin's and they stepped off the mat, leaving Obi-wan and Mace front and center.

Well, for all their troubles they probably deserved to win. :)

"You are team number three."

"WHAT?" Mace cried. Obi-wan merely looked stunned.

"You are team number three," the droid repeated, a bit slower.

:eek: That was startling. Very interesting. I love all the surprises you keep throwing at us. :D

Neither of the Jedi nor the Senator seemed too surprised when the host droid suddenly staggered backwards, shoved by an invisible hand.

*Snicker* isn't that frivioulus force use, Master Windu?

but the cakes remained untouched, the recent eating challenge still a memory best left undisturbed

Lol. I loved that part.

Raising her glass, Padmé proposed a toast: "To family, friendship and unbreakable bonds. May love always triumph over evil."

The words reverberated throughout the room, keeping the shadow at bay.

Liked the toast. I also like the lingering suspence. ;) Great update.

-Commander Tharen-

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    First, the ending was great! Second, please PM when you start the third story. Trilogies are the way to go! ;)

Sensing the compliment, she turned towards him and smiled. For a few seconds, he simply took in the sight of her? the way her braid spilled over her shoulder, the smudge of dirt on her forehead, the sparkle of mischief in her eyes. He had never seen her look more beautiful.

This is how I will always picture her, he silently vowed.

It's funny how we can form mental pictures in our mind that stay with us. I can still see my oldest son as a two year old on the beach with a bit of sand on his nose and his cheeks just a bit pink. He's now 22 but I can still picture him so clearly on that day! That is what this passage reminded me of, a memory that is made special by something that is touched inside of you. Anyway, enough rambling. :p

A truly lovely story! =D=

18. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    To a job well done and much enjoyed by others!!!!! BRAVO VA_Parky!!!!

Raising her glass, Padmé proposed a toast: "To family, friendship and unbreakable bonds. May love always triumph over evil."

That was a great toast Padme gave. I really like it:) .

As I said before, I am really looking forward to the next reality fic. "Skating with the Star Wars" is going to be hilarious!

19. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2005
    "You have our promise, Master," Anakin replied, squeezing Padmé's hand. "We will help any way we can."

There was a quiet moment while the foursome studied each other, contemplating the many twists their journey had taken amid the dark realization that it wasn't over yet.

The words reverberated throughout the room, keeping the shadow at bay.

At least for now.

I loved the ending! It was a surprise that none of them won, but atleast they were 2nd ;) And when you're starting a new storyline, please PM me! I love your work!

20. MasterEnder

MasterEnder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2005
    It was a great finish, I love the way that no one won. Builds up the pressure for the next one. I think since you added Obi and Mace to this one, you should add others to the next one. I mean come on, Yoda on ice skates, is there anything better.

Do I even have to ask for a PM for the next one?

21. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Luna_Nightshade ? Aw, I?m so glad that you jumped into this story ? and so enthusiastically too! I will definitely PM you when the next ?adventure? begins! [:D]

Lady_Jade ? I love ice skating too! It?s such a graceful sport? at least, until Anakin and Obi-wan get hold of it! [face_devil] Thanks for all your support! :)

KELIA ? Glad the ending surprised you! It just kinda came to me and I knew that was how it had to end even though I wanted one of our teams to win. I?m so grateful for your kind words ? you are always so sweet!

Gina ? Hee! I had such a good time writing this story ? I?m just so happy that there are people out there who have crazy senses of humor ? just like me. 8-} Thanks for reading; it means so much!

ChewbacaRocks ? Aw, I know. Ending a story is so bittersweet! @};- At least we have one more to go though, right? I?m so glad that you?ll be joining us!

Jaira ? Wow, what a heartfelt compliment! I really do believe I have the most wonderful readers ? you all make all the hard work worthwhile, that?s for sure. Can?t wait to see your reaction to what I have in store for you next! [face_clown]

MoeTharen ? I?m tickled that you?re onboard ? your comments are a blast to read! [face_laugh] And even better ? you?re joining us for the third story too! Awesome! [face_dancing]

VaderLVR64 ? Awww, my heart melted when I read your account of the mental picture you have of your son ? that is EXACTLY what I was going for with that scene. Thanks for all your encouragement ? I?m deeply honored! [:D]

HandmaidenVeme ? Oh, where would I be without your hilarious comments? The one that will forever ring in my mind came right after Anakin and Mace ate that spicy soup. Hee! I still laugh whenever I think of it. Thanks so much for reading - I?m thrilled that you?ll be with us for ?Skating with the Star Wars.? :)

Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker ? That means so much. My return to writing has been such a joy ? and meeting wonderful people like you has been the best part. Thank you!

MasterEnder ? Hee! I always enjoy your comments ? they are a perfect blend of enthusiasm and humor. So excited to hear that you?ll be continuing on with the trilogy!

ALL ? I plan to post the beginning of ?Skating with the Star Wars? within the next week or so. I?m thrilled that it looks as though we?ll have the same group with us ? Liri and Kaide's adventures just wouldn?t be nearly as fun without you! [:D] ;) [:D] ;)

22. Mr_Dagobah

Mr_Dagobah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 30, 2005
    I have come upon this tale a bit late. I have, however, finished the second part and now will be progressing to the third. I have to say VA_Parky, you have an amazing talent for humour. I have to also admit that all those ideas for the different types of tasks were very ingenious. So great work and see you on the 'Skating with the Star Wars' thread. Cheers![face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.