main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Racism wrong, Homophobia acceptable?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Lord Bane, Jul 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CwrnPuppet

CwrnPuppet Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I've read about that as well, Sleazo - it's definitely an interesting theory: Maybe I'll pick up a copy of the book and get more info.

2. sleazo

sleazo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    I read it once and then i lent it to a friend who lost it, so i just went on amazon and found a used copy for $4.
    It really is an interesting read, maybe if someone else reads it we can start a thread here in the senate. i reccommend the book to all. Not everyone will agree with it, but everyone will find it interesting

3. Jedi_Master_Isaiah

Jedi_Master_Isaiah Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2002
    I'm sorry. I was busy.

There are nine gays at my school. Four of them are tenth graders and five are ninth graders. There are three lesbians who are going to be in my class this year. I'm in the tenth grade.

There is nothing wrong with having ADD or ADHD. Lincoln is believed to have had it. I know some Jedi Council members have slandered Lincoln since they believed in lies about him.

Anyway, the gays at my school who have ADD and/or ADHD are too open about their sex lives. Two of them, Daniel and Thomas, cuss a lot, talk about their sexual lives to almost everyone, and they are popular. They seem to be sociopathic to me. I can't stand their nasty conversations, and I don't hang around them.

The lesbians are so much more mature than the gays at my school. I suspect the gays at your schools are more mature.

4. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    I understand where you're coming from and it has been my experience that even through college and into "real life" lesbians *tend* to be more mature than gay guys. Part of this, I think is due to the fact that lesbians tend to be more accepted by family and friends.

Regardless, plenty of straight guys talk about their sex lives and spout obscenities on a regular basis - I don't really feel that it is fair of you to cast judgement on all gay guys based on the actions of the few that you have met.

5. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    Wait - straight guys do the EXACT same thing, getting into the nitty gritty details of their sexual exploits (and in many cases exaggerating them, as I'm sure gay guys do as well 8-}).

And it's my experience that women in general tend to be more mature over communicating these kind of things than men do.

6. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    Indeed.

Also, when I was in school, there were maybe 10 or so black people at my school. All of them were annoying, pretending to be the stereotypical rap gods of lore and I didn't much like them. However, that doesn't mean that I wanted to stay away from all black people. I didn't assume that all African Americans acted like those idiots. They were only 10 people, after all.

7. stevo

stevo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Arg- stereotypes.

8. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    Indeed... *sigh*

9. CarbonKnight

CarbonKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I get the feeling that one day, the word fag will be as taboo and offlimits as the word -------.

10. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I've been gone, but I wanted to jump right back in and say- ALL guys are too graphic and open about their (usually, wannabe) sex lives

-sj loves kevin spacey

11. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    The argument seems to be over. The homosexuals won. WHOOHOO!! I have a question, don't take it the wrong way. Does it not REALLY REALLY hurt? See, im not bi, but i am tincy wincy bit curious, and i wanna know, does it not REALLY hurt?

12. stevo

Aug 14, 2001
    LOL - - I don't think I want to answer that on the JC . . . .

--I apologize, we should try to keep this serious.

13. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Congratulations, you just made your side of the argument look ridiculous. Please, have a little dignity? There are those on both sides who enjoy having these conversations be intelligent, serious, and kind.

-sj loves kevin spacey

14. TreeCave

TreeCave Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    Kaine, and het sex doesn't hurt? Oh, right.... doesn't hurt GUYS. That's all that matters.

I forget the #1 rule of being human - never look at anything from any perspective other than your own.

8-}

15. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    Without being graphic, I can say that if done properly, no it doesn't hurt one bit.

16. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    Thanks. Well, i know that for females it hurts a little, and only the first time. After that its mostly fine.

17. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Hmm..

Are things about finished here?

18. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    Well, we can't really get into details on the public board without breaking some rules and (understandably) upsetting some people. It's definitely different for women, but for men, it never has to be painful. Regardless, this isn't really the place for this. If anyone wants to discuss this (or anything else) with less restraint, feel free to PM me. I'm an open book.

19. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    Just to throw this out: Major kudos to KnightWriter for moderating this thread with true objectivity. This is a sensitive subject on both sides & not an easy subject to keep under control.

Bravo!

*claps*

20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I second that!

And good job to you too, Cwrn for having a different opinion of many here (including myself) but handling it maturely :)

-sj loves kevin spacey

21. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    Right back at you, Solojones: I must say that despite fervent disagreement, I was really impressed with your ability to keep your cool and be civil - the same goes to nearly everyone who participated in this thread: It's really refreshing to be able to have a debate without it sinking into name-calling.

(Does anyone else feel like we're having some sort of weird award ceremony for one silly thread?)

22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    lol, we all deserve a pat on the back :p

But I think we've pretty much covered every topic here :)

-sj loves kevin spacey

23. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Well, thank you very much, CP :). I appreciate the thought. However, the credit goes to all the people here who were mature and thoughtful.

I can just leave this be and let it drop, lock it and call it a thread, or you can continue things

24. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    I agree that we've more or less talked it into the ground... Perhaps we could lock this one and someone could start a new topic that takes on a different, but somewhat related topic?

25. stevo

Aug 14, 2001
    Related topic?

I'd like to hear views on why people think Homosexuality is created. Is it a choice or a genetic trait?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.