main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Radcliffe Suspects Potter Will Die

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    The Associated Press
    Harry Potter may never grow up. Daniel Radcliffe, who stars as the daring schoolboy wizard, said Friday that Harry may die in the last book of J.K. Rowling's magical series.

"I'm going to be really unpopular for saying this about Harry, but I've always had the suspicion ? with everything that's going on ? that he might die," Radcliffe, 14, told a news conference to promote the third film of Rowling's series, "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban."

Rowling has remained silent about the fate of Harry in the seventh and final book.

But with each new installment, Rowling reveals more connections between the character and his archenemy, the evil wizard Lord Voldemort.

"Harry and Voldemort have the same core in them, we get to see that in the fourth film," Radcliffe said. "The only way Voldemort could die is if Harry dies as well."

Voldemort was responsible for the deaths of Harry's parents and left the young wizard with the distinctive zigzag scar on his forehead.

The pair have similar powers ? including their wands and their fluency in Parsel ? and Voldemort has been unable to kill Harry.

Rowling has hinted in the past that Harry may not survive. Asked whether she would write books about the character when he reaches adulthood, she replied: "You have to wait and see whether he survives to be a grown-up."

"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire," now in production, may be the last time fans see Radcliffe in the role of Harry, which has brought him a fortune estimated at about $18 million. He has yet to commit to a fifth film.

"I'm not going to lie and say it will be absolutely easy to see someone else play the part because it will be extremely strange after four films," Radcliffe said. "But if it happens it will be something I will have to get used to. I'm not saying it will happen but it's a possibility."

"The Prisoner of Azkaban" premieres in Britain on Sunday and goes into general release the following day. The film will open in the United States on June 4.
    Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

2. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    if he lives long enough, he WILL die...

3. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    I must have read the last two books the wrong way. I didnt get the impression that Harry had to die in order for Voldemort to die. I took it that ONE of them had to die. That seemed to be what bothered Harry so bad at the end of "Order of the Phoenix." He came to the dark realization that in order for all this to end, he would have to kill someone(Voldemort)or he would have to die himself. Interesting. Not sure how I would feel about it ending on a sad note.

Oh, I got your message yesterday Riff. That really bites about no midnight showing in Rocky Mount. I wont be able to make it Friday. The wife and I have a dinner we are supposed to go to. Maybe we can catch Prisoner of Azcaban this weekend.

4. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    AAAAAGGGG!!!! SPOILER ALERT YOU EVIL MUGGLE!

5. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    After watching the A&E Biography on JK Rowling last night, I'm much more inclined to believe Lodreh's theories. Still, I can always hope for a happy ending.

Afterwards, they showed "The Magical Touch of Harry Potter" which showed some behind the scenes footage of the three movies as well as a scene from Prisoner. From the looks of things, they took more liberty with the script than they did with the first two.

6. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Prisoner has a HUGE spoiler and its made it very difficult to discuss the story with my wife because it involves the character played by one of her favorite performers. I have read the book, she hasnt. Anyone seen the new action figures? I cant believe they made Prof. Lupin's figure the way they did. Thats a spoiler in itself?!

7. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Just watched a few clips on wral.com. Looks like this is gonna be a good one. Hardest thing will be getting use to someone besides Richard Harris playing Dumbledore. That voice was as much a part of the character to me as his appearance.

8. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Agreed. RIP, Dumbledore. I watched the same two programs last night, Entropy, except I think they were reshowing it. The magic touch of Harry Potter didnt come on until.... lets see.... 1am. I tried to stay up to see what they had to say about "Prisoner", but its almost like someone was TRYING to keep me from seeing anything on it... They went to commercial saying next, the new movie, and I zonked out. :)

9. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Maybe we should go edit our posts on the other thread about getting old, Riff. :) I was zonked out on the couch trying to watch the end of The Return of the King before 10.

10. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Well, this WAS about 1:40am in the morn, Eddie-wan. I can still stand by my claims.... unlike SOME folks. :) Need a cane or anything? Just trying to help a buddy out. [face_dancing]

11. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Har har! [face_laugh]

OWWW!! My back! My back! I think I laughed to hard. :D

12. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Tsk tsk..... :oops:

13. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    I actually do feel like I need a cane today. My knees are acting up. I'm beginning to wonder if there's a storm or something coming in.

14. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Could be.... at least I am not on call this time. :D

15. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Dont even mention knees. Looks like I am going to eventually have to go under the knife for my left knee. Havent been to the dr. yet, but its doing the EXACT same thing my right one did when I tore cartilidge in it. Hurts like hell and when I put my hand on it and flex it, you can feel the parts moving around and popping. Sigh, my dad must be looking down saying "yep thats my boy." He had many surgeries on his knees. :(

16. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
  17. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    life is pain, unfortunately... but is pain life???

18. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    For some of us it is. :(

19. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Depends. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.