main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Radical Prequel Trilogy re-write!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MrFantastic74, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    If you're like me, you were horribly disappointed with the Prequel Trilogy. It either didn't live up to your expectations (based upon information gathered in the Original Trilogy), or you just thought they were poorly executed films... In my case both of these statements hold true.

I am currently re-writing the prequels just for fun. My hope is to someday transform the screenplays into either graphic novels, animated films or some other medium accessible to like-minded SW fans. Not for profit, of course, as I would not want to step on Lucasfilm's toes.

I am already well on my way to creating my stories, but I would like some feedback from other fans. Specifically, what aspects of the current prequels would you:

a) Absolutely cut out of a re-write,
    b) Keep, but perhaps alter a bit. How would you alter it?

Also, consider the following questions, and feel free to add your own!

What would your story involve?

How old is Anakin when he meets Obi-Wan?

What's Anakin's profession?

Do we even need Qui-Gon?

Do you meet Yoda in the new prequels?

How does Anakin turn to the dark side?

Do we keep Anakin's identity as Vader secret?

What are the Clone Wars? Who are the "bad guys" in the Clone Wars?

How does Palpatine eventually gain power as Emperor? What is his background?

What are the jedi like? What do they wear? Where is the temple (if there is a temple)? Are the jedi galactic policemen who are automatically generals in war efforts, or are they more secretive, ronin warrior types?

What OT characters (besides Obi-wan and Anakin) are essential to the new PT?

What is Artoo's relationship with Obi-Wan?

Do we need to meet Threepio?

What is Anakin's love interest like? Who is she?

Does Obi-wan witness the birth of the twins, and if not, is he aware of the existence of Leia before TESB?

Does Leia live with her birth mother for a short time after birth?

How are Owen Lars and Beru Whitesun related to Anakin and/ or Obi-Wan?

Will the "Sith" be mentioned? Who are they? How many are there? How does Palpatine become the head?

What miscellaneous devices would you want to see? (e.g. Mandalorians, Trandoshan slavers, wookiees, etc)

Is Boba Fett in the story? Do you want a backstory on his disdain for Jedi, wookiees, etc? Is he involved in the Jedi purge?

How is Bail Organa Obi-wan's superior during the Clone Wars? How does he end up adopting Leia? Is he one of the founders of the Rebellion?

How does the Rebellion start? Would you show this in the films?

There are so many more questions. I will post them as they come to me.

I look forward to your responses!

: Welcome to the FanFic boards. This belongs in the FanFiction Resource forum if you plan on working on a fiction, or the FanFilm forums if you're working on a film. I'm sure there are plenty of us out there who have had similar questions! Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.