side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_son_of_the_suns

The_son_of_the_suns Jedi Master star 2

Aug 28, 2001
    It´s the best band of the last years, and one of the best of all time(IMHO). I know there are several radiohead fans out there in the JC, so I thought we could talk about Thom, Ed, Jonny, Colin and Phil, and their great music.

2. Darth-Tom

Darth-Tom Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2001
    OMG im like a RH junkie!! :) i recently managed to snap up OKC and the bends on record. my prize possessions. I hopefully seeing them in Tokyo next year?

I WILL NOT ever let this thread die :) bless you son of the suns!

3. The_son_of_the_suns

Aug 28, 2001
    thanks darth-tom. I´m hopefully going to see them in Spain next year, they always start their European tours here. I think they´ll come in August or so in a 3 week tour.

Ok computer is the best album i´ve ever heard. My fav is paranoid android.

4. Darth-Tom

Apr 7, 2001
    hmmm right now my favourite Ok computer track is "let down". I reallllly love "How to dissapear" (i like your sig!!!) and i'm really digging "Kives Out". Have you got the life album? i really like it, "Like spinning plates" sounds great on piano, and i looovvvve "True Love Waits".

:D

5. The_son_of_the_suns

Aug 28, 2001
    you mean 'I might be wrong'? i´m probably getting it next week. A friend of mine already got it, but i haven´t been able to listen to it. I don´t have much time (nor money) these days...

6. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Amazing music. OK Computer, KID A, and Amnesiac are three of the best albums ever IMO.

!snap

7. CorranHalcyon

CorranHalcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    I bought "I Might Be Wrong" but I'm not sure it was really worth it. They don't do anything different with the songs live, except speed up I Might Be Wrong (making it worse IMHO), so the songs are just less tight versions of the normal versions. This version of "True Love Waits" also lacks the keyboard...though I guess it's a good listen if you haven't heard them live.

8. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    I love Radiohead!

My favorite songs are "Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box", "I Might Be Wrong", "Paranoid Android", and "How to Disappear Completely". (I listen to that one every time I'm upset about something.)

"Amnesiac," "OK Computer", and "Kid A" never leave my car. "OK Computer" is in my car CD player right now. I'm going to have to buy a second copy of these CDs just so I'll have copies for the house. :p

Does anyone else get dizzy listening to "Like Spinning Plates"? It's amazing what they are able to do with that song to make it have that effect on people.

9. Maul KenObi

Maul KenObi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 1998
    Bends! I'ts my second fave album ever... :)

10. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Radiohead is the most original band around in years.

I'm more of a The Bends era fan, but I like more than my fair share of OK Computer. "Subterranean Homesick Alien" remains my favorite song on that album. Kid A and Amnesiac are nice, but I would put them on par with Pablo Honey - a few nice songs, but not my favorite by far.

It wears me out...

11. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    "Subterranean Homesick Alien" also remains to be my favorite OK Computer song QS, a masterpiece of drumming, lyrics and completely bizarre guitar work.

Personally, I prefer the Amnesiac and Kid A era of the music, mainly because the rock type music of the earlier works transcends into trace type beats and electronica.
    The typical "I'm in a troubled relationship" theme of The Bends' songs gives way to darker, story driven tracks.

I've yet to find any other band that started out writing songs about relationships that evolved into writing songs about decrepit androids and empathetic aliens.

12. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I love Radiohead, and especially The Bends. Fake Plastic Trees in one of their greatest songs, if you ask me.

13. Quixotic-Sith

Jun 22, 2001

The breath of the morning,
    I keep forgetting,
    the smell of the warm summer air...

What's your favorite Radiohead site? I'm partial to Green Plastic Radiohead.

14. falkcj

falkcj Jedi Master star 4

Aug 24, 2000
    "Creep" was the antheme for my group of friends when we were in high school.

15. Darth-Tom

Apr 7, 2001
    yup Greenplastic.com is a rockin site.

Long live Mortigo Tempo :D

re: True love waits - i too love the version with the keyboard loop! much much better. I also thought they could have shoved on knives out and pyramid song, both these songs sound great live i think.

Any audiogalaxy fans here? if so how about recomeding some downloads? I recomend "Lucky - Acoustic" and "Big Ideas (don't get any) acoustic or full band version".

:) :)

16. Quixotic-Sith

Jun 22, 2001
    Has anyone any idea where I can find the Radiohead cover of "Sunday Bloody Sunday"? I had the MP3 at work, but since I left, I haven't been able to find it.

I live in a town,
    where you can't smell a thing.
    You watch your feet,
    for cracks in the pavement...

17. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I have never heard of Radiohead--What kind of music do they play?

18. Quixotic-Sith

Jun 22, 2001
    Depends on which album you buy.

Pablo Honey - early 90s rock
    The Bends - early/mid 90s rock, kinda dark
    OK Computer - experimental rock/electronica
    Kid A - electronica/pop rock
    Amnesiac - electronica/pop rock

Their style is never quite the same on any of their studio albums (I can't speak for the live shows, and the b-sides are too diverse to categorize). They like to experiment with sound and beat; mixing 90s rock with surrealism. Take the best of Frank Zappa with the best of Trent Reznor with the best of AC/DC with the best of Tricky, and that would come within spitting distance of Radiohead.

High up above,
    aliens hover.
    Making home movies,
    for the folks back home...

19. LoveisSuicideSP

LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Radiohead is my second favorite band! My friend got me a Radiohead poster for Christmas, but i need to find a place to put it in my room. I personally think Kid A is their best album, but i love them all. I saw them in LA on August 20 and it was one of the greatest moments of my life! I can't wait to hear some new material from them.

20. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    Has anyone any idea where I can find the Radiohead cover of "Sunday Bloody Sunday"? I had the MP3 at work, but since I left, I haven't been able to find it.

Was that really RH? I've seen that discussion on a lot of other boards and many have said it is really U2 with the Edge on vocals, so that's why it's confusing.

21. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    One of my favorite bands at the moment. I don't care much for Pablo Honey, however. I like most of The Bends, though I don't think it's their best work. IMO, they really got going with OK Computer, which I regard as one of the best albums of all time, by anyone. I put it up there with Pet Sounds, Revolver, A Kind of Blue, and Dark Side of the Moon.

You know, you know where you are with
    You know where you are with
    Floor collapsing, and falling, bouncing back
    And one day
    I am gonna grow wings
    A chemical reaction
    Hysterical and useless
    Hysterical and

Let down and hanging around
    Crushed like a bug in the ground
    Let down and hanging around

22. Abaddon

Abaddon Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2001
    My favourite songs are Airbag, Kid A and The Tourist and I am more partial to their OK Computer era.

On a different note, has anyone heard of the Beta Band, Thom Yorke's favourite band?

23. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    OK, I just bought The Bends, my first venture into a different kind of Radiohead music from the other three albums I own. I'm debating buying Pablo Honey and Knives Out. Could you guys let me know what you think of these albums? I really like Amnesiac, OK Computer, and Kid A, but I've been hearing so much about their earlier stuff that I wanted to try it.

24. Quixotic-Sith

Jun 22, 2001
    The Bends is my favorite Radiohead album. "High and Dry" is too, too poignant.

It's a little like U2's Achtung Baby mixed with The Cure's Bloodflowers. A little rock, a little dark, and more than a little moving.

Of all these wierd creatures
    who lock up their spirits,
    drill holes in themselves,
    and live for their secrets.

And on that note, off to bed. What else can I say about long days of studying:

They wear me out...

EDIT- colors, lyrics, and album titles

25. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I'm a fan. OK Computer is my favourite Radiohead album.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.