side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_son_of_the_suns

The_son_of_the_suns Jedi Master star 2

Aug 28, 2001
    yeah, green plastic is the best radiohead site i´ve found out there.

The new album won´t appear until 2003, if i´m not wrong. Too long. I wonder how it will be. That´s one of the things i like about them, as quixotic said, they´re never the same.

2. Nrf-Hrdr

Nrf-Hrdr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2000
    I used to hang around Greenplastic's Mortigi Tempo forum about a year or so ago, but the combination of arrogant sneering psudo-intellectuals and pathetic "we're so special because we understand Radiohead and anyone who doesn't like them is clearly too dumb to get it, and by the way, what kind of watch does Thom wear?" fanboys made me lose the will to live. I've kind of burned out on Radiohead nowadays, anyway. I got into OK Computer in particular a bit too hard, and nowadays I find it almost unlistenable, even though I know it's brilliant. A bit like A Clockwork Orange, in a way.

The Beta Band are fantastic, incidentally. It's one of the tragedies of my existence that I never got the chance to go and see them supporting Radiohead last year.

3. The_son_of_the_suns

Aug 28, 2001
    Finally today i´ve listened to the i might wrong live recordings album. I think it´s quite good, though, of course, nothing much new. I think this is the first time they release True love waits, though they´ve played it on shows for years(tell me if i´m wrong). I like that song much, what do you think about it?

4. KidA

KidA Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2002
    hi! i found the cover of sunday bloody sunday in the kazaa,
    PD:prepare yourself for the upcoming album & tour

5. The_son_of_the_suns

Aug 28, 2001
    Hve you ever been to a Radiohead show? This year I will go for the first time, and i´d like to know if it´s as great as in my imagination...

6. CorranHalcyon

CorranHalcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    No, it's not as great. It's better. And True Love Waits was a b-side, if I'm not mistaken.

7. The_son_of_the_suns

Aug 28, 2001
    Have you visited radiohead.com lately? I don´t know if that flash is new or not, since it´s been a long time since i last visited it before today, but I think it´s quite good.

8. The-Cow-Goes-Moo

The-Cow-Goes-Moo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Radiohead is one of my favourite bands. My sister is borrowing my RH CD's until the summer while I borrow her Five Iron Frenzy CD's. Oh well.

9. The_son_of_the_suns

Aug 28, 2001
    not listening to radiohead til summer?! It sounds like a torture to me.

10. Obi Wan Bergkamp

Obi Wan Bergkamp Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 1998
    Personally The Bends is my favourite. It's a wonderful album with songs ranging from grunge (You) through to very melodic weepy (Street Spirit).

OK Computer is excellent as well, fave tracks of mine are Lucky & Karma Police

Pablo Honey contains my favourite Radiohead track of all time, Creep. It has a special resonance for me. When I was younger I fell deeply, completely, totally and utterly in love with a girl who worked in a shop just round the corner from me. She always turned me down though. One day I went in and she wasn't there. I asked where she was and was told she had moved to Egypt! - I don't know how I got through work but when I got home I put the radio on, the song playing was Creep and it just connected. I cried my eyes out for ages. On the strength of that I bought Pablo Honey.

A few months later, Creep got rereleased, went huge and my Verity (that was her name) song got stolen by everyone.

I dunno about Kid A and Amnesiac, I notice something new with each listen, but i definately prefer the older material.

Mind you the Radiohead special that was on MTV2 a few weeks ago featured an interview with Thom & Jonny where they both said they 'missed guitars' so hopefully the next album will be more of a Bends type.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.