main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rage Against the Dying of the Light - (Qui/Obi Adventure Salem/Cross-Over) - Update 2.22.03!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ForceAchtungBaby, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Rage Against the Dying of the Light
    By: ForceAchtungBaby
    Genre: Cross-Over, Adventure
    Characters: Qui Gon Jinn, Obi Wan Kenobi, original characters
    Summary: Qui Gon Jinn and his Padawan Obi Wan Kenobi find themselves in a world where they must hide their Jedi identities.

Disclaimer: Characters Qui Gon Jinn and Obi Wan Kenobi belong to George Lucas as well as any references to the Star Wars universe. Some characters and events will be a fictionalization of actual people and events in American history.
    "Rage against the dying of the light" first appeared as a stanza in the poem "Do Not Go Gentle into that Good Night" by Dylan Thomas. To read the poem in full click here
    --------------------------------------------

Prologue

It has been four years now. Four long years since my Padawan and I became marooned in this world where people fear the knowledge of the force and yet the force is present all around them.

Our free-flowing Jedi robes have been forsaken for stiff black tunics. Our feet are now trapped in shoes of black and silver. And the most painful, that what marks a Jedi a Jedi - our lightsabres are hidden deep in the woods outside our small house.

A place where the locals meet together in enclosed places to contemplate that which knows no boundaries. A place where, when we first happened here, it still pains me to relate, we felt a life bright with the force choked from existence.

This place in which we have been forced to hide that which makes us who we are in order to protect our life. And, in so doing, I fear. No, Jedis don't fear. But, in this place, Jedis don't exist so perhaps its fitting that fear has taken its place. I do fear. I fear that which makes us vibrant, is dying little by little every day.

But perhaps, I should start back on that day, four years ago, when we both arrived in this place - this place the locals call Salem.

2. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    YAY! I get the first reply! I'm glad you posted this! Excellent title! Can't wait for more! :)

3. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Interesting idea. I'd like to see where you go with this. :D

4. Obis-Grl

Obis-Grl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    The Fabulous FAB I am so intrigued by this story! The prologue just drew me in. I just want to know more! :)

Please tell me you will be updating soon! Pretty please?

:D

Maeve

5. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    [face_shocked] Wow I must see more of this story! Eek! ;) Great idea.

6. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    This is very interesting. I can't wait to see why they have been marooned there for so long. And Salem? [face_devil] Sounds kinda spooky. ;)

7. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Sabe - How fitting my strongest supporter to write this was my first responder!!!! It wouldn't be here if not for you! I'm glad you like the title! :)

Cascadia - Thanks for reading! I'm interested in where it's going to go too!

Obis-Grl - The Fabulous FAB I am so intrigued by this story! Very glad it's found some interest. And the Fabulous Fab that makes me [face_blush]
    The prologue just drew me in. I just want to know more! Wow, what a great compliment!
    Please tell me you will be updating soon! Pretty please? I'm not the world's greatest with updates, I'll readily admit it. Sabe has accused me of drip-feeding my stories! However, I'm going to try to do better. Actually, I think having 2 stories - and so totally different - will help prevent such frequent occurences of "Darth Writer's Block."

Wild_Huntress - Thanks for reading, and I'll be posting more soon!

LuvEwan - And Salem? Sounds kinda spooky. Whatever gives you that idea?! Oh, by the by, love the icon - looks a tad familiar ;)

8. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
  9. Obis-Grl

May 30, 2002
    *does the crazy up dance*

10. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Sabe and Obis-Grl - Thanks for the ups! New post this weekend (brain permitting!) :)

11. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    This cannot be good. The boys stuck in Salem, that is.

I'm intrigued by this fic, and can't wait to see where it goes.

12. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
  13. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    A new post this weekend? Fab! :)

14. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Jedi_Knight_Hunter - You're right - Jedi's in Salem will make for some tough times.

Wild_Huntress and Sabe - Thanks for the ups.

Next post is a short one...
    --------------------------------------------
    Chapter 1 - Awakening
    Part 1

"Master, where are we?" asked a visually shaken Obi Wan Kenobi.

"I, don't know Padawan," replied Qui Gon Jinn, as he carefully began to observe his surroundings.

"This just doesn't feel right, Master."

"I know Padawan. I feel it also," Qui Gon said as he got up of the ground.

"Where, are you going, Master?" Obi Wan asked.

"To try to find out where we are, Padawan."

Obi Wan hastily got up from the ground and began to follow his master off into the distance.

"Master, how are we possibly going to figure out what happened. Where's our ship?"

"Patience, Padawan. Answers can always be found. The force is strong nearby. Can you feel it Padawan?"

"Master...." Obi answered bewildered.

"Stretch out, Obi Wan. I can feel a presence strong in the force nearby."

Obi Wan reluctantly closed his eyes and began to focus on the force. Master and apprentice focused intently, the force flowing through them. Both making supplication to the force - seeking guidance, seeking answers. The force began to speak to them through the wind and the sky, the vegetation and all living things that surrounded them.

"That way, Master," Obi said as he opened his eyes and pointed to the west.

"Yes, Padawan, yes." Qui replied, opening his eyes. "Come, young one," Qui said as he resumed walking.

15. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Wonderful post! I'm anxious to see how confused Obi and Qui are when they start learning about the place that they are. I'm wondering, how old is Obi in this?

Post more soon. :D

16. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    Ack! NO! Not enough. Need.... oxygen... Need..... post! ;) Great start FAB!

17. Obis-Grl

May 30, 2002
    Now I'm even more intrigued The Fabulous FAB! But I'm also worried. Both Qui and Obi are with those crazy people in Salem.

If something bad happens I just might cry!

:)

Maeve

18. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Very intriguing! So what what happened to their ship and what are they going to find?

19. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Cascadia - Wonderful post! I'm anxious to see how confused Obi and Qui are when they start learning about the place that they are.
    Yes, it's going to be a time of anxiety and confusion for the both.
    I'm wondering, how old is Obi in this? In the prologue and epilogue Obi will be 18 or 19. In the main story he will be 14 or 15.

Wild_Huntress - Yes, this post was a tad short. I still have a bit of research to do before the next post.

Obis-Grl - But I'm also worried. Both Qui and Obi are with those crazy people in Salem. If something bad happens I just might cry! Me let something bad happen to Obi?

Sabe - Yes, indeed!

New post Tuesday or Wednesday!

20. Obis-Grl

May 30, 2002
    The Fabulous FAB I know you would never let something bad happen to Obi...but I still get scared. I mean all those crazy Salem people with their witch hunting and their lack of hot men like Obi. Who knows what they could do in an angry mob!

Oh I can't take this waiting! :D

Maeve

21. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Obis-Grl - I mean all those crazy Salem people with their witch hunting and their lack of hot men like Obi. Who knows what they could do in an angry mob! Makes note to self: no women chasing Obi Wan through the streets of Salem - there is no telling what they might do! ;)

22. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Awwww, not even a little chase? ;)

23. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
  24. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Sorry about the delay in the next post - been busy with some Salem-related research! Plus, had some internet troubles last night! Will have a new add up this week!

25. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.