main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rage Against the Dying of the Light - (Qui/Obi Adventure Salem/Cross-Over) - Update 2.22.03!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ForceAchtungBaby, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    [face_shocked] Wow. Those two posts I caught up on just left me speechless. My gosh. This is going to be a bad situation, Obi and Qui taking down the supposed "witch." That's awful. ANd yes I thought the line about the tree was wonderful and haunting. *sighs* This is such a good fic, Fab!

2. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Touching post. Life is precious.

Great job! :D

3. Tinuviel_Jyana

Tinuviel_Jyana Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    i've been skeptical to read a cross-over such as this, but curious as to how the wonderful FAB is spending her time on her other story. so far the story is brilliant and i am much impressed. continue to impress me my dear FAB and i will continue to read.

well... i'll read because i love ya ;)

can't wait to see how this story will continue...

4. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Wild_Huntress- Those two posts I caught up on just left me speechless Now that's a great response! I'm glad you're continuing to enjoy this!

Cascadia - Thanks! Yes, life is very precious!

Tinuviel_Jyana - My Obi-loving sweetie! You came! I am so excited - can you tell? so far the story is brilliant Brillant? [face_blush] and i am much impressed :) continue to impress me my dear FAB and i will continue to read. As you wish.....well... i'll read because i love ya Awe "can you feel the love tonight" - okay stops singing Disney songs. Thanks Hugs! By, the by, I rather love your new siggy! ;)

5. Obis-Grl

Obis-Grl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    The force pleaded, cried and flowed through this woman and then it was silent.

Wow.

The Fabulous FAB that was one very powerful post. And you portrayed it all superbly. Brilliantly done once again.

Maeve

6. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    For Jedi's feeling a life full of the force slip through the physical realm was intense - a ripping, wrenching, heartaching experience - To echo Obis Grl that was a very intense powerful description.

I know that Qui-Gon cannot let the woman remain hanging there but what will happen if they are discovered?

7. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Thanks Sabe and Obis-Grl!
    Should have the next post up this evening - so check back!

Here's a little sneaky peak!

The small black, creature with gleaming yellow eyes circled. It looked up and sniffed the air and then began to wail - the most piercing of cries.

8. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    This was a bit late - sorry all. Enjoy!

Chapter 2 - Specter
    Part 2

The small, black creature with its yellow eyes gleaming circled. It looked up and raised itself on its hind legs, sniffing the stale air. Returning to the ground it sat on its hindquarters and began to wail - the most piercing of cries.

Qui Gon Jinn and Obi Wan Kenobi edged closer to the tree. The small creature stood up, hissed and barred its teeth. Its hair stood on end and its tail stiffened pointing accusingly at the foliage canopy above. The closer they stepped to the tree's shadow the more agitated the creature became.

"What is it, Master?" Obi Wan asked with trepidation in his voice.

"I'm not sure Obi Wan. Probably just some native animal." Noting the animal's attentions towards the body still hanging over its head, Qui Gon continued "Perhaps, yes. It's protective. It must have been some kind of pet."

"Some pet," Obi Wan quickly retorted.

Qui Gon frowned slightly at his young apprentice and replied "It's just scared apprentice. Can't you sense its fear."

"Yes, Master," Obi Wan replied attuning himself more fully to the creature's presence in the force.

"Let's see if we can calm it some."

"You want to calm that?" Obi Wan said pointing to the creature that was now hissing wildly at the two.

"It seems harmless enough. It's such a tiny little thing," Qui Gon began as he edged closer to it. The animal continued to hiss. Qui Gon bent down, held out his hand and reached toward the creature, it began to snap and then it calmed down. Qui Gon continued to send waves of the force to the creature. It began to calm ever more slightly. Qui Gon swept the small furry little scrap of blackness into his arms.

Stroking it gently he said, "See, apprentice, it's a friendly little thing. You were just scared, weren't you?" Qui Gon asked as the little creature began to nuzzle around his neck. Qui Gon laughed heartily and Obi Wan smiled - it was good to see hear that sound from his master again.

"Very friendly. Here Obi Wan, hold it while I?" His voice trailed off as he looked at the body still suspended unnaturally in the air. Clearing his throat and extending the creature to his padawan he concluded "while I free."

Sensing the terse nature in which his master was speaking and the underlying pain, Obi reached for the creature. The creature lost no time in caressing its slinky body around Obi's chest. The sensation caused Obi Wan to start to smirk and then just as quickly to hide his amusement.

Qui Gon pulled energy from the force and propelled himself into the air, flipped and landed, straddling the tree branch. He took out his lightsabre and ignited it. With one swift motion the binding was cut and he gently guided the body down to the ground.

The small creature leaped from Obi Wan's hand and began to rub and caress the woman's feet. Its body seeming to melt as it weaved in and out. Walking towards her bound hands, the creature began to nudge her hands. When no response was given, the cat curled up atop the body and began once again to wail.

9. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    oh... if only to be that cat...

wait... did i just say that outloud??? [face_blush]

great post... wonderful development of the setting and characters

10. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    That's sad. :( But I liked the cat and Qui and Obi's reactions to it.

Post more soon! :D

11. Obis-Grl

May 30, 2002
    The creature lost no time in caressing its slinky body around Obi's chest. The sensation caused Obi Wan to start to smirk and then just as quickly to hide his amusement.

I wish I was that cat too... [face_devil] [face_love]

The small creature leaped from Obi Wan's hand and began to rub and caress the woman's feet. Its body seeming to melt as it weaved in and out. Walking towards her bound hands, the creature began to nudge her hands. When no response was given, the cat curled up atop the body and began once again to wail.

:_|

Aw that poor woman and her kitty! It just makes my heart ache!

Heartbreakingly beautiful The Fabulous FAB! Absolutely lovely.

Maeve

12. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Its body seeming to melt as it weaved in and out. Walking towards her bound hands, the creature began to nudge her hands. When no response was given, the cat curled up atop the body and began once again to wail.

That was so moving Fab. The poor woman, only her cat to mourn her. Your descriptions of the cat's behaviour and the Jedi's reaction to it were so vivid that I felt like I was there.

13. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    T_J - oh... if only to be that cat... wait... did i just say that outloud??? Yes, you said it aloud dear. But, don't worry, you're secret's safe with us and it looks like most everyone else shares your sentiments! ;) wonderful development of the setting and characters Thanks!

Cascadia - Couldn't resist the opportunity to have Qui and Obi interact with a cat - glad you approved.

Obis-Grl - I wish I was that cat too... ROTFL! Don't we all? [face_love]
    Aw that poor woman and her kitty! It just makes my heart ache! There will be some sunlight one of these posts!

Sabe- The poor woman, only her cat to mourn her. Your descriptions of the cat's behaviour and the Jedi's reaction to it were so vivid that I felt like I was there. Thanks!

New post soon!

14. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    good! :)

15. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Another short add.

Chapter 2 - Specter
    Part 3

Qui Gon swiftly descended from the tree branch and gingerly bent down beside the body.

"Our never to be known sister," Qui Gon said softly. Seeing the sight of the pathetic, crying animal he stroked the creature on the head. Careful not to disturb the obviously distraught animal, he removed the binding from around the woman's neck and the thick cloth that surrounded her face.

Dried red stains marked the corner of her eyes like some kind of odd makeup lining her eyes. Her lips were reddened, in stark contrast to the pale appearance of her skin. A tear eased down Qui Gon's face as he touched her neck, a black and blue, reddish purple line around her entire throat. Her skin was cold, so cold.

"Sister," Qui Gon repeated softly as he smoothed her jet-black tresses away from her face. Closing her eyelids he whispered "I'm sorry we didn't come sooner, sister. We failed you."

Obi Wan placed a hand on his master's shoulder. Qui took Obi's hand for a moment and squeezed it gently. "I'm fine padawan. But, this place, is not. We must be careful. Come, help me. We should take care of the body properly."

"Master, it is probably too risky to give her a Jedi funeral."

"Padawan, you are right. But, I can't leave her like this." Qui picked up the small black creature and placed his hand gently on its head, soothing it once again with the force. Gradually the animal closed its yellow eyes and drifted off to sleep, its head on Qui's forearm and it's legs wrapped around his arm.

"Here, master, I'll take it," Obi Wan offered, with his hands outstretched.

"Katze, a witch's familiar," a strangely accented voice from behind them said.

16. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    i wonder who it is... can't wait to find out

meow...

i still wish i was that cat to rub up against obi-wan... is there anything wrong with that [face_devil]

tee hee

meow

17. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    That was such a moving scene. Now they have been caught with the body. This does not look good!

18. Obis-Grl

May 30, 2002
    Katze, a witch's familiar," a strangely accented voice from behind them said.

Duh-Na-Na....

Ah! Ah! Ah!

::Falls over in suspense::

Pure excellence Fabulous FAB! Pure excellence!

Maeve

19. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    TJ - still wish i was that cat to rub up against obi-wan... is there anything wrong with that Not a bit!
    On the more serious side - who it is will be answered next!

Sabe- That was such a moving scene. Thanks!
    Now they have been caught with the body. This does not look good! No, it doesn't. Next scene will tell the tail I mean tale!

Obis-Grl - Falls over in suspense Goodness, hopes my dear reader didn't hurt herself! Are you okay Maeve? I can't be loosing any readers now - you are such precious souls! At any rate, suspense will be abated in the next post - we will find out who has discovered our favorite Jedi team!

EDIT: Wowsers - almost 100 posts on this story!

20. Obis-Grl

May 30, 2002
    In honor of heart day... I thought I might fill the story with some show-tunes of love...

Now, from the musical Camelot heres I Loved You Once In Silence

I loved you once in silence
    And mis'ry was all I knew.
    Trying so to keep my love from showing,
    All the while not knowing you loved me too.
    Yes, loved me in lonesome silence;
    Your heart filled with dark despair.
    Thinking love would flame in you forever,
    And I'd never, never know the flame was there.
    Then one day we cast away our secret longing;
    The raging tide we held inside would hold no more.
    The silence at last was broken!
    We flung wide our prison door.
    Ev'ry joyous word of love was spoken.

And now there's twice as much grief,
    Twice the strain for us;
    Twice the despair,
    Twice the pain for us
    As we had known before.

And after all had been said,
    Here we are, my love,
    Silent once more,
    And not far, my love,
    From where we were before.

Aw...I love that one...

Maeve

21. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Maeve's back to singing show tunes! Fun!Fun!

Working on a new post all!

If it's good add can I get a song from my fave musical? The Phantom of the Opera preferably Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again?

22. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Chapter 2 - Spectre
    Part 4

The sound of another voice startled Obi Wan, causing him to draw in his breath. Qui Gon looked up from the battered body and caught sight of an old man, wrinkled like some dried out piece of fruit, starring at him.

"Katze," the old man repeated, smiling, "I'm sorry, strangers. I mean cat. From time to time I slip back into the talk from the old country. Silly, I know. I'm an old man now and haven't seen the sun rise on the other side of that grand ocean in almost 50 years. But, you looked perhaps like you could have been from the old country yourself."

Qui Gon stood up and listened to the old fellow prattle on before interrupting him.

"My name is Qui Gon Jinn and this is my apprentice Obi Wan Kenobi," Qui said extending his hand.

"Oh, my manners," the old man replied shaking both the Jedi's hands. "My name is John Black. I'm the town blacksmith and well, in circumstances such as this, the town gravedigger," he said gesturing towards the body, his countenance taking on a sober tone. "That is a shame, unfortunate really," he continued, his countenance falling.

"I apologize if we did anything inappropriate. Where we come from it is not respectful to leave a body in such a fashion."

"Well, my friend, it's not respectful here either my friend. A terrible way to die, convicted, and an outcast. With only one's cat to mourn," the old man said, reaching down to stroke the cat's tail.

"You said convicted. What could she have done to merit such an action?"

Lowering his voice, the old man replied deliberately, drawing out each word he spoke, "spells, magic, witchcraft, signing her name in the Devil's black book." At the mention of the word magic, Obi Wan and Qui Gon both stiffened. Many cultures considered their use of the force as some mystical magically activity. Many cultures even feared such things, but they had never encountered ones that one kill for such things.

"Rubbish," the old man said, followed by a hearty laugh. "Bridget Bishop, may she rest in peace, was no more a witch than you or I am a wizard. Right my friend?" the old man said as he smacked Qui Gon on the back.

23. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    very nice post... i find it interesting you link the "witches" from back then with the Jedi... believeable though... there are many things i wish i could erase from the history of Christianity sometimes... but alas, past must be faced and not forgotten

okay i've ranted... very good writing and i'll continue to read and give you my opinions from time to time... so long as my rants are allowed ;)

24. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    WOW! This is not good. At least the blacksmith seems sympathetic towards Bridget and doesn't seem to believe that she was a witch.

was no more a witch than you or I am a wizard. Right my friend?" - Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are going to have to be very careful!

25. Obis-Grl

May 30, 2002
    :::sighs in relief:::

Well, I thought are boys were going to be in a bit of pitchfork trouble...but it seems a little better than that. But they still need to be careful!

Excellent work my dear! Excellent!

:)

Maeve

Ps: Ok I'll get back to writing and show-tunes! I've got a request? Well I'll see what I can do... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.