main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends "Rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light" (drama about Palp´s niece, a mix of legend & canon

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Jul 11, 2014.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    DarthUncle: Thanks for commenting! Our internet is slow tonight and I had a weird double post elsewhere before I noticed that I was in the wrong thread.

I am back in the kitchen and yes, again, I am stressed out.

This is why I quickly update now. Just the first bit of the next chapter:

Chapter 23:

I awaken up because of Orson. His blue eyes are sabacc-sharp and implacable in the morning light. My heart beats faster in my breast, knowing that he is up to something. G'day, mate!”I greet him with the brightest smile that I can muster. Hello, friend!

He reaches out for one of my pig tails, actually the one that dissolved during the night. While he plaits it anew, he starts singing low and soft.

I've seen tricks like this before,I've been shaken to the coreand I got over it”

Since he only wears a military sweat shirt, I can see the muscles in his shoulders surge. Now I am even more alert. “You are really in a mood this morning,” I suggest. “What has brought this on?”

Orson laughs, buoyant and joyous. Then he goes on singing a totally different verse.

We fool around and fall apartYeah we sure perfect the artand we get over itThese busted knees and killer beesThey beat the sht right out of meand I got over it”

I stick my tongue out to him.

Orson grimaces, showing his perfect white teeth. “My Death Troopers...”

Sheev gave you command over the Walking Dead from Koriban?” I throw in, paling.

Orson blinks at me. “What?”

Do you have zombies protecting you?” I rephrase my question to him.

The entire room rocks with his laughter. “You... are better... better than... a stand-up-comedian.”

Ruefully, I glare at him. “Reanimating corpses with Sith alchemy and magic is no laughing matter, Orson Callan Krennic.”

He stares at me, mouth opening gradually as though to say something. Instead, he throws his head back and roars with laughter again.

I make a face.

My little story-teller.” He smiles wickedly. “You have such an inventive mind. But no clear gaze on the real world. Science is about facts and figures only.”

If he only knew about the Sith Tradition, which has a distinguished history of being masters of the alchemical sciences, he would think differently.

My personal body guards, six hand-picked Death Troopers, are the best that Scarif has to offer. Their training was much more thorough than that of average storm troopers.”

I think of the horrors a trainee of the Red Guard has to face. Suddenly, I feel sorry for his men. If they like home-made food, I should bake a Joghan fruit cake for them on my return to Lothal and invite them over.

Orson's hands wrap around my shoulder blades like the tentacles of a dianoga. “Saw Gerrera, a battle-hardened extremist from the Clone Wars, is in town.”

Of course, Sheev has talked to me about the infamous terrorist. En détail. Especially the part when Saw Gerrera got tortured by a Super Tactical Droid named Kalani. My uncle finds immense pleasure in such stories.

Gerrera,” I repeat.

He is looking for me.” There is urgency in his voice. “If that monster finds out who you are and what you mean to the Emperor...”

I reach out to touch Orson's face, sliding my hand down his yaw. “Never mind. I need to visit the Temple of the Whills.”

Argh!” he curses.

I let my hand fall from his face.

Do you ever listen, Ina? It is not safe to go up there today. I only have six men in undercover modus.”

Seven,” I disagree and point straight at his weapon that lies on the bedside table.

Ina!” he growls, his brow furrowed.

Are you a man or a grass mouse, Orson Callan Krennic?” I quip. “My uncle surely would not let a coward watch over me.”

Coward,” he repeats darkly.

Of course I win the contest of wills. Orson never liked to be called gutless. With a grave face he steers me through the Holy City, his left arm wrapped around me.

In an attempt to ease the situation I snuggle closer to his chest. “Were your men with us all the time?” I ask casually as if talking about the eternal winter sky above Jedha.

His mouth curves. “Ina, dear, you are a handful.” He plants a kiss on my headscarf. “And so I need indeed a hand full of men for an outdoor mission like...”

Suddenly, there is an awfully bright light and I am bereft of my vision.

Flash-bang!” Orson yells and has the presence of mind to cover me with his body.

Lying on the ground with him, I feel the pressure wave of the bomb in every part of my body. Especially in my ears. They ring painfully.

Orson clings on like a Sarlacc, but his hands speak a more tender language. They stroke me reassuringly. Without words they tell, that I am safe. No matter what.

My nose wrinkles.

This attack might be like an ego boost for him. He loves being my valiant knight.

With some delay there is a lot of screaming and running. I hear it subdued as if I am underwater. Orson's body still blankets mine. “Backup!” he shouts into his mic.

There is an answer, but I cannot make out the words.

Blood rushes through my veins, while other strange sensations spread inside me. Most of all nausea.

Orson lets go of me and struggles to his feet. Blinking in quick succession I watch him producing his blaster.

A giant of a man comes running towards us, unerring. It seems that he is desensitized to the resulting 'Flash' and 'Bang' of the dazzle grenade. Or he is a Korriban zombie after all.

5537!” Orson barks through all the chaos. “Cover the parcel. Now!”

The Death Trooper lifts me into his arms and I hold on to his broad neck.

More bombs go off simultaneously.

My eyes water.

Smoke-bombs.

Coughing and hurting I cling on.

Orson is on high alert, his fingers on the trigger. His narrowed eyes are trying to scan our surroundings.

We are in the middle of a battue, I am sure of it. My uncle enjoys the wanton slaughter of game at the end of a hunt. Therefore I get the impression that Saw Gerrera wants to drive us towards the temple. I suspect him waiting for us in the holy halls.

But before I can voice my suspicions to Orson there is a different kind of explosion.

Then a coating of dust and debris cakes everything.

Putty explosives!” roars Orson through the smoke. “Really?”

Suddenly, blaster fire crackles through the air.

Perhaps this is no battuebut a killer commando.

I hear a roar from Orson when he gets hit into his left shoulder.

The Death Trooper, who carries me, acts by pure instinct. In favour of his master he drops me like a hot potato.

Ouch!” I yelp, but there is not much time for complaining.

More bombs go off.

I press myself to the ground.

Fire works?” wonders Orson. “What the kriff?”

When it is silent again, I quickly sort out my limbs and struggle to my feet.

Some blood flows out of my right nostril. A thin spurt, but enough to let Orson panic. “You clumsy oaf!” he snarls. “She is hurt!”

The soldier gives me a brief scan. “Negative, Sir! But you are.”

Worried, Orson gazes at me, while his bodyguard takes care of his injury. “For freck's sake, 5537, cover her!”

Negative, Sir! You are my priority.”

Orson rolls his eyes, but then his gaze is back on me. “Run, Ina!” he instructs me, love and despair in his eyes. “Run for cover! We'll catch up with you!”

(To be continued!)

2. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    And there you have the great empire Uncle Sheev built, unable to protect Nagina because after bringing his complicated, detailed, plan and plot of Empire to fruition, he was looking at the big picture, forgetting that sometimes that is built up out of small facets called people who have their own will and worth.

For other readers: let me be honest, I wasn't as pleasantly surprised about this update as I should have been because I read it in my function as "co-author/editor" from an early stage some months ago when it was similar but not as good as it is now, were I reading it the 1st time.

The 1st scene, with them waking up in one room makes me think back to the feeling of carameraderie we left them with last time, but now Orson manages to make it creepy somehow. There is still that heartfelt friendship, but, with a eerie echo somewhere of something being off, as befitting a story with him.

And then you quickly move on to establish a bit of backstory that wasn't ultimately made explicit in Rogue One: the history of those dark troopers as we've seen them in early star wars games, and legends, giving a small shock to our system; immediately followed by a very dynamic description of a battle of some sort. Is this perhaps a certain Saw? Regardless, the scene is riveting.

And then you end where I started my commentary, with Ina allowd/ in need of caring for herself. Crafty, if you ask me.

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  3. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    DarthUncle: Thanks again for this beautiful and neat comment. If you would not be my husband and reading this story for my sake, I would have nominated you for best reviewer. But then again, you only comment on my stuff and the work of Trieste only.

Of course your assumptions are as kyber crystal clear as always. And it is no coincidence that we had to watch the Frankenstein movie with James McAvoy and Daniel Radcliff tonight, before I was able to convince to put this update online.

You keep believing in this story and in me as a fan fic writer. [face_love]

And like you analyse a Jane Austen novel, you always find out about the inner clockwork of my plot lines. To fool you is impossible.

It is also hard to say no to you and so I guess I have to update my drabbles now before going to bed.

Kahara and DarthUncle like this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A nice update with all the darkness of the troopers

AzureAngel2 and DarthUncle like this.
  5. The Ascendant

The Ascendant Jedi Knight

Apr 26, 2014
    A nice update, Angel. It was particularly nice to see a bit of action in your work, which judging only from what I've read of yours, was a slight departure that you handled well. I'm indifferent about Orson in this post, as I'm used to him be a true hutt-licker, but here he actually seemed to show more genuine concern for Ina during the attack. However, I have no doubt it was motivated by looking at her as more of an object, his object, than her as a person. Well done!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan & The Ascendant: I am very glad that not only my husband reads and comments on my stuff at present. Otherwise that would be very awkward.

DarthUncle turned my offer down that I just give him my chapters of "Rage..." via the drop box. He wants me to continue in here, not only excursively on "Archives of our own". That would be perhaps okay for DarthMarly, who is very present in the archives with beautiful content, but my observant husband pointed out that Darth Gangrenous & Cowgirl Jedi 1701 would be disappointed.

Kahara (who has a new icon by the way) also takes very much care in beta-editing my SW fantasies and keeps believing in the JC as a community.

I will try to update this fanfic here once a week and try to comment to all the folk who linked me to their fics, too. But at present, with RL being so demanding and chaotic for me, I cannot do more.

Here an update whose text contend I wrote months ago:

(Still Chapter 23!)

While I storm up the temple stairs I think of Lor, my husband-to-be. Of Tasia, my Loth-Cat. Of my flower garden. Of my new kindergarten job.

I must survive this mess.

All of a sudden feathers touch my head.

Then there is a considerable weight on my right shoulder.

In disbelief I freeze.

A convor blinks at me with its large owl eyes.

I must have hurt my head when the Death Trooper dropped me.

A laser beam hits the air inches away from me.

Realisation hits me. “Thank you!” I breathe towards my saviour.

The bird ruffles its feathers, chirping. Its tail swishes forth and back. Then it starts cleaning its gold and brown plumage with its beak. As if nothing of significance just happened.

I continue running.

The Force is with me.

With huge effort I open the metal door and slide through. It shuts behind me and my new companion with a loud bang.

Two energy pikes are pointed at us simultaneously.

The convor is air-born immediately and flies off with loud protest.

I do not even have the time to scream. In fear, I stare at the cloaked intruders. Tognathian mercenaries as far as I can tell. But they are not alone.

Ah,” says a raucous male voice behind me. “The lover.”

In no particular haste I turn around. I face a damaged black man. A wild look is in his eyes.

Actually, I am not the lover. I am Krennic's former baby sitter,” I correct Saw Gerrera. “You have a wicked mind. Always keen on seeing nothing but evil in other persons, ever since your sister died. Skywalker didn't act wisely in teaching you”.

Confused, the extremist gazes at me. I use this to my advantage.

And you are not better than Kalani when you try to bring me down with electro shocks,” I add, while adrenaline courses through me.

Gerrera frowns, but not for long.

Without warning I receive a slap across the face. I am knocked to the ground, but I manage to fall in a way that leaves my head unhurt.

How dare you... compare me... with that... monster?” my attacker bellows and kicks me straight in the face.

Because you have turned into a monster, too,” I dare to tell him, licking over my now split underlip. “This is about self-hatred, right? You have been trying to sever all contacts since Steela died, all that makes you human. Now you are also a Super Tactical Droid. Well done!”

In a quick move Gerrera gets an energy pike from one of his comrades. Before he can smash it down on my skull, an accented male voice calls out, May the Force of Others be with you!”

Grateful, I glance over to a guardian of the Whills, who just entered the scene. His tanned face is peaceful. The dark beard is as neatly trimmed like a Bonsai tree. His hands are hidden in the wide sleeves of his robes. The convor sits on his head, its wings stretched wide and hissing.

Monk!” barks Gerrera, “I have... no business... with you. Just let us... get away... with... this woman here... and all... will be well.”

Thispilgrim here came to pray and you attacked her without reason.” A pair of brown almond eyes shows absolute calmness. “I want you to leave now and never return!”

The convor takes flight, as if to strengthen that sentiment. It circles Gerrera various time and, with a loud noise of satisfaction, pups right on his head.

Bird!” he complaints.

The animal in question settles down on my skull, making threatening gestures with its wings again. I never expected so much loyalty.

Saw Gerrera gives his Tognathian mercenaries a sign not to intervene. There seems some decency left in him. “This woman... has sinned... for she is... with enemies... of the Republic,” he coughs, worn out by so much talking.

I do not serve the Republic,” the warrior-monk replies matter-of-fact. “Only the Force. As for sin, none of us are without it.”

Give her... to me!”

Your way is not mine,” the guardian of the Whills announces. Avoid rather than check, check rather than hurt, hurt rather than maim, maim rather than kill. For ALL life is of value... and no one has the right to take it away.”

Dark anger spreads in Gerrera's face. “Then you are... a fool. This woman... is part of a criminal conspiracy.”

The way of my order is easy.” The warrior-monk smiles, his gaze entwined with mine. “Respect teaching, respect tutors, respect guidance, learn kindness, learn loyalty, learn about the Force.Why have you come here, daughter of Shiraya?”

He knows what my belief is, whom I serve.

I bow to him.

The words of the Sunset prayer of his community, a long time ago learned in my uncle's vast library, leave my mouth with ease and grace.

In darkness, cold.In light, cold.The old sun brings no heat.But there is heat in breath and life.In life, there is the Force.In the Force, there is life.And the Force is eternal.”

His sigh cuts deep into my soul. “So you have come to announce the sunset of the Old Republic, Nagina.”

I nod, surprised that my birth name is known to him.

The convor flatters from his shoulder onto mine.

Coming from your mouth this means that the 'Rule of the Two' has been installed already. That theyare already in command.”

What... are you... both... talking abou…t?” Gerrera huffs.

A quick succession of laser gun shots takes him and his men out. The blue rings that come with every salvo tells me that the weapons are set to stun only. Nobody inside this temple will die today.

A group of men comes forth, all dressed in the floating robes of the guardians of the Whills.

Baze,” admonishes a man with blue almond eyes and a tan. “This was a time for action and not for Force philosophy.”

There is always time for Force philosophy, Chirrut,” answers the warrior-monk back.

The one called Chirrut answers “Then there is also always time for a civilized cup of tea. Plus cookies.”

(To be continued!)

7. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Saved by the convor; Nagina has some serious luck on her side -- the nicer side of her rather unique life. Nice to meet Baze and Chirrut before things got really bad on Jedha. I love that unlike Nagina who (understandably, given the situation) throws Gererra's past at him as a blunt weapon, Baze seems to try to give him some kind of real understanding of just why the Guardians are defending Nagina. This seems to me like a likely characterization of how the Guardians would be; they won't start a fight even as readily as a Jedi, but they will finish one if they have to. Lovely incorporation of more Rogue One characters! :D (Krennic is going to have such a fit when he finds them all hanging out with tea, or so I suspect. :p )

DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Kahara: That is a very nice feedback here! Making my heart a bit lighter. I am also grateful that you are still sticking to me as an editor/ beta. (Still need to bring your latest changes from Chapter 21 online. Was so busy with urgent RL matters until now.)

For the scene with Baze and Chirrut I watched some old Kung Fu episodes with David Carradine online to get into the spirit.

DarthUncle and Kahara like this.
  9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I like her interacting with the bird and the meeting with the Whills

DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I simply fell in love with those beautiful bird like creatures when I first saw them watching the "Rebels" TV series, earlybird-obi-wan.

As for the Whills, I always liked the wisdom of the Shaolin monks and imagine the guardians of the Whills to be like them:

DarthUncle likes this.
  11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Okay, I might be too busy in the weekend to update, so I do my best now.

If you are still tuned in DarthUncle, Kahara, earlybird-obi-wan & Darth Gangrenous, I always appreciate feedback. (And if I am not allowed to tag you any more, please say so either.)

Comments for this story have been rare of late, which makes them even more precious to me. (16,960 views, but 334 replies in so far.)

I really need to know if I am still doing the right thing here or if my imagination is just a big hoop of bantha poodoo.

(Rest of Chapter 23)

On our way to the tea room something tucks at the edges of my consciousness. Like a bunch of children reaching out to a sleeve and pulling at it non-stop. Just to get attention attention.

The kyber crystals,” I blurt out.

The convor makes a satisfied sound, rubbing its head against my neck.

Chirrut rushes aside to push a door open that is more massive than that of the temple entrance.

A beautiful glow spreads, like sun beams breaking through a dark rain cloud.

We hardly know her,” protests a third monk.

The convor squawks to oppose him.

Baze places a firm hand on his brother's shoulder. Deal with evil through strength – but affirm the Good in man through trust. In this way we are prepared for evil, but we encourage Good.”

Dry laughter comes forth from the man. And is Good our great reward for trusting?”

Knowing the ancient dialogue they preform as master and student, I answer instead of Baze,In striving for an ideal, we do not seek rewards; yet trust does sometimes bring with it great reward-even greater than Good.”

The convor chirps satisfied and starts self-cleaning again.

I quickly round up the wise teachings of the monk order.What is greater than Good? – Love.”

This woman is a kindergarten teacher for all that we know,” announces Baze to all his brothers. “Would she be an instrument of evil, she would not be able to work with children. Their young hearts look straight into the core of her being, like the kyber crystals do.”

I am shoved inside and the door is closed behind me.

Through tears in my eyes, I behold great beauty.

The convor raises into the air, making circles around me.

I sink to my knees and cry, feeling happy and sad alike.

Familiar words echo through my soul, shining into every corner of my being.I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.”

I perceive a larger truth.

Whatever the unholy trium virat – Sheev, Orson and Galen – have in mind with the crystals around me, they will not be instruments of evil. They are the will of the Force. Even if entire planets have to stop existing, there will be unity and peace in the end.

For even suns die,” I whisper. “But the Force is eternal, bringing forth new life and hope again.”

Translation from the Chandrilan rural dialect into Basic:
    G'day! =Good morning!/ Hello!
    mate =friend

12. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
  13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Kahara and Darth Gangrenous like this.
  14. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I wish that I could do more but many times I have trouble putting my thoughts into words and have them be what I am actually trying to say. If this even makes any sense.

Kahara likes this.
  15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Darth Gangrenous: I appreciate you for being the person that you are. My husband also went "Awww!" when he saw your latest comments here at fanfic.

The most important thing is that you enjoy yourself reading! Not the actual feedback. Even a little LIKE makes me go whooopie!

Your answers have a refreshing brevity and come straight from your heart.

I know you almost 10 years now, right? Or is it already 11?

When you give me icon as a comment they quote entire libraries, okay? No worries, please!

Kahara and Darth Gangrenous like this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I love what you are writing. Nagina with the monks is very revealing what she is thinking.

Kahara likes this.
  17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: Thank you! :* I wonder what you will think of my next update next weekend!

18. The Ascendant

The Ascendant Jedi Knight

Apr 26, 2014
    When I was thinking of how Nagina would get out of the skirmish, I have to admit that the Guardians did not cross my mind. On top of that, you wrote them with depth in a way that I feel the writers of Rogue One would've approved. Their wisdom being as spiritual as their temperaments. I also enjoyed the way in which you relayed how the Convor is to be respected like a member of their order. It, too, has an opinion that must be heard. I don't know why, but it reminds me Odin's crows among the Norse people. Nice job, Angel!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    The Ascendant: It´s great to see you around. I already feared that I scared you away with one of my Palpatine stories in another fan fic thread of mine.

I am glad that I managed to do the Guardians of the Whills justice in your eyes and that you also liked me borrowing from Asian philosophy. Especially from the Shaolin monks.

The convor flew straight into my mind after watching a certain "Rebels" episode that focused on Ashoka & Vader.

As for birds, I must confess that I hail to Athena. As a re-activated kindergarten teacher and secondary-school teacher on hiatus the goddess of wisdom is essential to me. (And sometimes ravens matter to me, but not those of All-Father Odin, but Morigú´s/ Morrigan´s ravens.)

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Because DarthUncle encourages me to go on writing and Kahara is so brave correcting this story I go on. And because Darth Gangrenous is sweet & earlybird-obi-wan still willing to read.

Chapter 24:

Chirrut Îmwe offers me a plate of round pastries that measure about the size of my palm. “Traditional Jedha moon-cakes,” he explains and flashes me a bright grin. “Try one!”

I am not really hungry, but politeness makes me take one of the cakes. They have beautiful ornaments. Something floral.

Enthusiastically, I take a bite.

My eyes widen as I taste something familiar. Something that is known to me from my early childhood days. “Lotus seed paste?”

Blue lotus,” the warrior monk confirms and adds with a wink. “You need to relax a bit, you know. The universe can go on without you for a while.”

I stare at the cake in my hand, remembering all the other plants Sheev employed to keep me quiet as a baby: cannabis sativa, solanum, genus valeriana, papaver rhoeas. He even tried opium and laudanum. Until my mother confronted him about it. That was the first time she ever screamed at him. The only time they quarrelled.

Chirrut Îmwe pours me a cup of green tea. There is a mischievous smile on his lips. “You have had your share of hardship already. With your honoured uncle being a Sith lord.”

You might say so,” I groan.

More reason to enjoy your moon-cake to the fullest,” the warrior monk suggests and bows lightly. “There is a legend from ancient times. It claims that these pastries were used to smuggle the secret plans for a rebellion.”

I snort like an eopie.

You smuggled yourself to us today, Nagina.” A ripple of laughter fills the air. “For that, you deserve an entire plate full of moon-cakes.”

Sheepishly, I grin back at him.

Chirrut Îmwe places a hand on my knee. Play the moments, pause the memories, stop the pain and rewind the happiness!”

We look each other in silent lucidity.

Occasionally there are moans and screams outside the tea room.

The other warrior-monks are busy taking care of those of Jedha's citizens who were hurt in the terrorist attack.

I suspect that Saw Gerrera and the two Tognathian mercenaries have taken advantage of the situation and sneaked out of the temple premises in the meantime.

Today would have been the annual moon festival,” Baze Malbus, who has remained silent until now, cuts in. “The citizens celebrate it every year on the fifteenth day of the eighth month. But due to the bombings, it seems the festival is cancelled altogether.”

It would be a pity to throw away all the moon-cakes,” I muse, and finish my cake with a sigh.

Soon, I start to feel more comfortable with my surroundings and a dreamy feeling kicks in.

Is there something you would like to tell us?” Chirrut Îmwe asks, his pale blue eyes alight with mirth.

This man is as cunning as a desert fox. I must grant him that. Tricksters like him are essential to any contact with the sacred, which does not always come in a direct way.

I start laughing, loud and heartily.

My foster father insisted on the fact that people cannot pray until they have laughed. Laughter opens and frees one from rigid preconception. This is why he taught me Laughter Yoga. A concept that came into life in Theed almost two centuries ago.

Tears of joy stream over my face. Soon they make way for the right words.

While the fighting continues outside the Temple of the Whills, I tell the protectors of the kyber all that they need to know about my uncle Sheev.

The Sith are back,” Chirrut repeats for the sixth time in a row, staring at the large light-bow that rests in his lap. His usual smile is gone. “The Sith have returned.”

His best friend Baze puts his tea mug down. The only sign that he is getting impatient. “So Nagina just told us.”

Her uncle, the Sith Emperor, will know that she shared her knowledge with us,” Chirrut mumbles. “Sooner or later he will come around to correct that mistake.”

You can still shoot the messenger,” I suggest.

My self-irony makes Baze smile. “I do not like to shoot doves.”

Doves?” I wonder.

Brother Gaetano sent one of his best animals over to us in advance. Just in case you would have not made it here personally, Nagina.”

Each time I look into his brown eyes, I see the beauty of the Force emanating from Baze.

As for our beloved Bathseba here,” he smiles, “Well let us say that she sent herself to watch over you. She is the oldest being in the temple.”

I gaze at the animal with love and respect. She blinks back, happiness in the large dark eyes.

Baze leans in on me. In a gesture of blessing, he places his thumb on the centre of my forehead. Exactly where the third eye – called Agya chakrais meant to be. “Remember the rule of our forefathers!”

I have no trouble recalling the right words.

Respect yourself, and everyone will respect you.Understand yourself, and everyone will understand you.There are mirrors all around you:Strive to see and understand yourself.Strive to have the heart of the Force.Stop doing bad things, only do good.Do whatever you can to help others.In these ways you help yourself.Help yourself, and you help the universe.”

Chirrut makes a guttural noise. “Wouldn’t you say it is time to bring Nagina to the washhouse?”

Only now I realize that my clothing is a complete mess of dirt and blood. But both men seem not to be overly alarmed by my state and, due to the influence of the blue lotus, I decide to not worry either.

(To be continued!)

21. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Aww, I really like how you wrote these two Rogue One characters, their interaction with your Nagina, how they provide a bit of solace and relaxation to Nagina, and share her burden, and the end is sweet and fun, though also ghastly if you think about what it shows about the situation they are in.

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    DarthUncle: Without you and Kahara this story would have stopped many months ago. But the two of you keep encouraging me. And because you two are so hopeful about it, I give my best to handle the Rouge One characters that I borough for my own story.

And I have to admit that digging myself into Asian religion and philosophy was fun. Plus a nice distraction from all the bad things going on for me at present.

Kahara likes this.
  23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love to see Nagina's story continuing again.

DarthUncle, Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Started with chapter 13. Lor took Nagina's revelations very well, considering the magnitude of them. Orson coming to "protect" -- ha, Nagina sees it as closely disguised house arrest enforced by Nagina's victorious-for-now uncle. [face_thinking] Orson's fondness for Nagina is undeniable but you can still see that he poses a threat because of his "job." :p Lor is a darling through all these chapters. I adore this pairing. You do the romance and tenderness thing very well. :D
    I do love all the food references of course. And I love the fact Nagina is a skilled gardener. It makes for a great deal of peacefulness and serenity litrally in her yard. :)

Love the references to Winnie the Pooh and the lovely lullaby. Sprinkled throughout are these vivid and captivating scenes especially on Jehda =D= and Nagina's encounters with very interesting citizens. She is touched by all the things her uncle and also Orson is doing but somehow she retains an innate and untouchable sweetness of nature.

@};-

Super action blended with nice philosophical/introspective touches.

DarthUncle, Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Its certainly good to have you back and commenting, also at the threads of other fantastic fanfic authors in here.

There are days when I still doubt this story here very much, but that is mostly due to some difficult time that I have since some months. Especially since last May.

To write on helped me though to smooth out my thoughts and feelings, so I gave Nagina a flowery garden, an Orson who really cares in his own strange way & interesting people to meet.

There will be more in the weekend and a big thanks again to Kahara who beta edits the main Nagina story for me. And also thanks to DarthUncle who tries to correct all the other texts that come his way & is patient with a woman being stuck at home with an inflamed larynx.

Kahara likes this.