main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends "Rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light" (drama about Palp´s niece, a mix of legend & canon

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Jul 11, 2014.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, WarmNyota_SweetAyesha.

My husband DarthUncle never gives up on me. But you and all the others - Kahara, Cowgirl Jedi 1701, Darth Gangrenous, earlybird-obi-wan and so on - might not like the course of the story that I planned even long before of my father´s death. Blame the "Deadly Hallows" and Rowling! (Not the "Rouge One" movie!)

With Orson by my side I walk the roads of a city that is still familiar to me. But I have been estranged from Theed for too long. Besides, there is little joy in my heart after having been at Padmé’s mausoleum. It is a peaceful and dignified place nevertheless. The Naberrie family chose well.

“I hope the Force united Padmé and her Anakin in death,” I whisper as we gaze down the Virdugo Plunge.

On the other side of the river I can spot the Theed Hanger, where General Skywalker changed the fate of my home world decades ago. He was but a boy of nine years when he flew a star ship into battle.

Orson’s eyes are fixed on the roaring water masses. He has not listened to me, which is good. The Force means nothing to him. It never will. He has the cold, analytical view of a scientist.

“We Naboo know what it means to sacrifice ourselves to a greater goal,” I move on, tasting a drop of water on my underlip. It is a sign. I am not a total fool. This is the River of the Dead after all.

I might have days, months, year’s even. But I can feel it since Galli’s hands brought me down. The shroud of the dark side has fallen. Those who serve it fail to recognize the triumph of the light though.

I am a strong woman
    I am a story woman
    I am… a teacher
    My soul will never die.”

My words have been more than dust in the wind the past weeks. They have been my weapon against the Galactic Empire. I have strewn them between here and Coruscant like seeds. Sheev will see my harvest at one point.

“Can we go?” Orson roars against the noise of the waterfall. “I really want those cookies now.”

The main temple of Shiraya is unchanged by time and the government of our galaxy. There are pretty flowers and life everywhere. Once Orson is settled down with a cup of tea and a generous amount of cookies, I am allowed to roam around on my own.

My lips start preforming a chant of my sisterhood.

We are the flow
    We are the ebb
    We are the weavers
    We are the web”

When the pontifex himself places a hand on my shoulder, I am not surprised. “Nagina, child,” he booms in his melodic voice, “News of you travel faster than a ray of light.”

“The darkness is always one inch behind me,” I give to consider.

His kind, bearded face shows sadness and sympathy alike. “Shiraya will always protect her kind from the hateful hands of the blind.”

“To a certain extend, Father.” I kneel down while saying so. “Please give me your blessing, because the darkness might catch up with me and claim me soon!”

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Very poignant and full of an intuitive sense of something foreboding [face_thinking]

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes, what will be happening to her

4. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Melancholic, but still a ray of light as long as Nagina is there - and we could already read that even Orson adopted a little girl in her honour, while her brothers will always have her in their minds. I don't think she'll just disappear without a ripple in the force.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, earlybird-obi-wan, DarthUncle & Kahara: A little surprise from my side:

Chapter 33:

After a while I can feel Orson’s piercing eyes on us, but I keep kneeling in front of Maxiron Agolerga and never cease speaking. When I am finished, the old man places a trembling hand on my head.

And death shall have no dominion.”

This is not the blessing I have come for. These are the beginning lines of a favourite poem of mine.

Alert, I gaze up at the pontifex.

Dead man naked they shall be one

With the man in the wind and the west moon;
    When their bones are picked clean and the clean bones gone,
    They shall have stars at elbow and foot;
    Though they go mad they shall be sane,
    Though they sink through the sea they shall rise again;
    Though lovers be lost love shall not;

Maxiron Agolerga has trouble speaking, because his voice is drenched in tears, but I know each line of the ancient lyrical text by heart. Actually, there are so many texts stored deep inside me. My new husband, Lor San Tekka, knows most of them, too.

And death shall have no dominion.

Under the windings of the sea
    They lying long shall not die windily;
    Twisting on racks when sinews give way,
    Strapped to a wheel, yet they shall not break;
    Faith in their hands shall snap in two,
    And the unicorn evils run them through;
    Split all ends up they shan't crack;

Suddenly, Orson is at my side. I can feel the heat of his irritation. He is like a kyber crystal ready to explode.

I raise a hand to keep him at distance. It is essential for the pontifex to finish his speech to me.

And death shall have no dominion.

No more may gulls cry at their ears
    Or waves break loud on the seashores;
    Where blew a flower may a flower no more
    Lift its head to the blows of the rain;
    Though they be mad and dead as nails,
    Heads of the characters hammer through daisies;
    Break in the sun till the sun breaks down,

Hands grasp my shoulders, radiating unbelievable heat. “What is the meaning of this? Why are you both crying?”

We gaze at Orson in sadness. “I demand…,” he starts.

The light of the Force surrounds Maxiron Agolerga and heseems to grow three times taller. With all the authority of his office he booms, “The sacrifice is accepted, but it might not achieve much.”

Alarm is written all over Orson’s haggard face. “Sacrifice? What are we talking about here?”

Brown eyes take him in, displaying pity. “Only a scion of House Palpatine is worthy of carrying the torch of Grianán Tjiehennet on into this millennium, my son!”

I am not your son,” protests Orson. “And I will take Ina here and we will be off! Now! I have enough of hokey religions and ancient weapons.

His rant means nothing to me, because I have just made a deal with the goddess that I serve.

Out of nowhere Bathseba appears, making Maxiron Agolerga gaze at her with big eyes.

It is you again, bird of doom!” sneers Orson. “How good of you to return to your mistress. Otherwise I would have left you behind. Hurry the freck up! We’re leaving!”

With the strength of a dozen banthas Orson drags me with him, out of the temple garden, out of Shiraya’s house. I do not protest. Not even when I am strapped into my co-pilot seat and we go into light speed.

I am a very patient man, Ina. More patient than people believe me to be. But I am very protective of the things that are mine.”

There will be no visit on Tatooine for me. Of that I am sure.

I will double my efforts to keep you from harm. Your list of enemies might be long, but my protective arm is even longer. I fear you have to rethink your life.”

There is nothing I can retort. Nothing.

We travel in absolute silence.

When we drop out of hyperspace into real time again, I am faced with Lothal.

It could have been worse, much worse.

You’re home now,” Orson says.

Bathseba, nestled on top of the neck-support of my seat, chirps softly in agreement.

Without hesitance, Orson lands at the edge of Jhotal, the little settlement that is my new home area.He brings me straight to my little cottage, while the convor flies off. Obviously, Bathseba wants to hunt in the grass sea.

My garden is in full bloom and I might owe this miracle to Old Jho, my Ithorian neighbour.

The garden gate closes behind me and I turn to face the man, who has adopted me as his sister a long time ago.

I need to see some important people in Capital City,” Orson announces from the other side of the fence. “Plus I have to contact the Death Troopers that are assigned to me.”

Wordlessly, I take it all in. His furrowed brow, the silver threads in his brown hair, the steel in his bright eyes and the hard lines around his mouth.

Do not, I repeat, do not leave this property! I won’t be long!”

He leans over the gate to kiss me, like a brother would. His panic, his love for me are overwhelming.

On his way to his ship, he looks back several times. Each gaze from him more hurt, more forlorn. His pain shreds me to pieces, but there is nothing I can offer him in return. I cannot, will not back off my deal.

My spare keys are still under a flower pot in the entrance area.

But once I turned them and opened the door, I cannot walk inside. Only memories await me in there. Of Lor. Of Barin. Of Sheev.

Instead, I sit down on the lawn, enjoy the life that I have planted some weeks ago with Old Jho’s help. The sun shines down on me, stroking me with her fingers of light.

Mistress Samye?” asks a metallic sounding voice.

The masked man before me looks very much like a clone trooper. But there are no colourful markings on him. Neither at the helmet nor on the armour itself. He is just donned in white with some black showing off here and there.

I am to bring you to Capital City immediately!”

I have the nerve to remain seated. “Lieutenant Commander Krennic ordered me to stay here! I would hate very much to upset him.”

In consideration the soldier moves his head. But it is not me that he is talking to. “Sir?”

Somebody inside his helmet comlink barks ordersathim.

Commander Krennic has no say on this planet!” says the trooper aloud. “I am ordered to take you with me. Against your will if necessary!”

Please tell your officer of the day, that I have rather him coming to see me!” I answer friendly. “Otherwise I willevoke 'Operation: Cinder'.”

There is a brief pause, before the soldier gives back, “Mistress Samye does not cooperate, Sir. I am to tell you that she will evoke 'Operation: Cinder' instead.”

The answer comes immediately.

The trooper gives a jerk. “Alex, I can’t...”

With trembling hands the soldier takes off his bulky helmet and reveals a young and vulnerable face. A white male in his early twenties looks at me. “My mate wants to talk to you, madame!”

Giggling, I put on the helmet that is sweaty and even a bit musty from the inside. “Yes, please?”

Who are you?” the definitely male voice on the other side wants to know. It has a profound Coruscanti accent.

Ask my god father Sate Pestage, or even better my uncle Sheev himself.”

There is a sharp intake of breath. “I am coming for you, madame. I shall get to the bottom of this. It will be either your undoing or mine.”

If you want to join this crying game at the beginning of your military career,” I offer carefully. “But I would hate to die very confused. Might I know your name, sir?”

To my surprise he chuckles, “Officer Cadet Kallus. But you might address me as Alexsandr.”

Bathseba makes a cheerful sound high above my garden. Of course she has listened into every that has been going on here on the ground. The Force is strong with her and her judgement of people even better. For centuries she has lived in the walls of the temple of the Whills. The constant song of the kyber crystals embedded here have taught her to see with her heart.

“He will not harm me, I suppose?” I ask.

She sails down, finally gets comfortable on my right shoulder. I must say she looks smug.

“I actually never asked, do you like Loth-cats?”

Her beak opens to make a sound that equals laughter.

“And what is your name, sir?” I ask the soldier who still stares as me like a child would at an evil fairy tale witch.

“That is classified, mam,” he stutters.

Very well.” I flash a bright smile at him. “Stand down, soldier. Your job is done. You can go home.”

He remains where he is puzzled.

“Suit yourself,” I sigh. “For I certainly will.”

When I lie down in the grass again, Bathseba hops on my belly and makes herself comfortable in my lap. She does so with greatest care. Her talons, that might have shred insects or small mammals earlier on, mean no harm to me. They never will. Nor will her prehensile tail that swings around lazily for a while, until it comes to an absolute standstill.

“Thank you,” I whisper to the ancient convor, who has given up so much for me back on Jedha.

My answer is but her pleasant Force presence, filling me with peace.

(To be continued!)

Chyntuck, Kahara and Darth Gangrenous like this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh, cryptic stuff creeped out orson looks like. And Nagina did not get to enjoy her homecoming very long! [face_nail_biting]

Stoked like mad to have you posting again. Am I allowed to feel spoilt? [face_laugh] [:D] !!

AzureAngel2, DarthUncle and Kahara like this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    interesting developments with Nagina. Who is this Kallus?

DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  8. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    heh. Great update.

earlybird-obi-wan, I take it you do not watch Star Wars Rebels then? He shows up on Lothal, from season 2 (I think), becoming a regular adversary in the series.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    No access to Rebels here where I live now

10. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    Ah, I see; I would recommend trying to get the DVD's (library perhaps?) rebels is a fun, and at times very impressive, series!

11. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    This.

12. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    As always, so much has happened in just the last installments here. Some of the events from your Nagina short stories are referenced, I noticed. :)

The strain of sensing that there is an impending threat and not trying to avoid it are telling on Nagina. She's had an argumentative dynamic with her uncle for quite a while, but it seems like she is running even lower on patience for him now. Their conversation was an intriguing one. It's probably not the first mention of the fact that he hasn't made the entire sacrifice that is usual for a Sith -- but that is a really interesting wrinkle to a very wrinkly character. :p

He really wants to have things both ways, be completely Sith in actions and power and yet also keep Nagina and be her favorite (well, only) uncle. Which ultimately makes him not so different from the apprentice he despises; his obsessive relationship is just a familial rather than a romantic one. I've probably said this all before, but it really is a strikingly believable attitude for Palps. He's still everything he is in canon, really. Just with this one attachment that he rationalizes away, while seeing no hypocrisy in crushing those who share her ideals.

Nagina is unmooring from her life in anticipation of becoming a casualty of the war, one way or another. It's a painful thing to see, though I also think from what we know of her that it's something she is doing for others rather than out of fatalism or despair. I'm glad that she was at least able to revisit her homeworld and pay her respects to Padme. The poem Agolerga quotes as her blessing is beautiful and sadly seems likely to be right on the mark. (Excellent choice, by the way.)

(spoilers for other stories, not movies) Grianán Tjiehennet -- cool to see that story from a long, long time ago is alive and well into Nagina's era. Though I haven't read all of those stories, I get the feeling that Grianán would have a lot to say about Nagina's life. They're not at all the same, but they both know the feeling of caring about someone who is determined to go down the wrong path.

Ever polite, Orson. :p While I can believe and even empathize with his fear, it's all too revealing in his words that he considers Nagina to be one of the things that are his. It's not that he doesn't love her, but it doesn't seem like he knows how to love anyone in a healthy way.

Hmm, I am very curious to find out what Kallus has to do with what seems to be an attempted kidnapping or assassination of some sort. I'm afraid that Nagina's legendary charismatic effect on scary people might not save her this time, though I doubt if Kallus is the main instigator of the danger. Someone else is pulling the strings here, and there are at least a handful of very likely suspects. (Pestage, you pest! [face_shame_on_you] )

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, earlybird-obi-wan, DarthUncle, Cowgirl Jedi 1701 & Kahara:

I thank you all for still reading this story and leaving me such thoughtful comments! It really helps me these days to read something different than condolences and has an even greater cheerful aspect than a Season´s greeting. This is why I have another update for you, while I am sick on my first Christmas holiday day:

(Still Chapter 33!)

Officer Cadet Kallus is a man of action and not a person pulling the levers. About one hour later he arrives on a speeder bike. He is on his own.

I protect my eyes against the sun, while I try to take him in.

A dark grey helmet with holes covers most of his straw-blond hair. Its front has a face plate covering the cheeks leaving the mouth and nose clearly visible. Ear blocks are fixed on the side.

I smile at my visitor because of Dravits. My younger foster brother has a similar outfit when he is on ISB duty. “Let me guess,” I state as I walk towards the young soldier, “You are still training at the newly founded Royal Imperial Academy.”

His smile is thin and careful, but it is mirrored in his eyes. “You are well informed.”

“You on the other hand seem to know very little about me,” I answer and make an inviting gesture towards my house.

He follows me in silence, observing the scenery with the eyes of an expert. “You live very humble.”

“I am his niece, not one of his many lovers,” I offer. “Sheev knows that I want to work hard for my money and would hate to live off public tax money.”

Officer Cadet Kallus scans my face. “You look nothing like him.”

“Not even before the Jedi attack, no,” I joke. “If there was ever such an incident.”

Something flashes in his eyes. “They tried to kill him: Mace Windu, Kit Fis to, Gen Solar and Sees Ti in.”

“Honestly?” I frown. “I would say those brave men rather tried to arrest my uncle for his war crimes against the Republic. He drew his own light sabre and things got out of hand. To act civilised is difficult for him when he is in a temper. For he is a Sith lord.”

“I could get you into jail for a comment like this,” Officer Cadet Kallus says without joy.

“Sheev knows what I think about his politics and hobbies. But you certainly can try to arrest me. I have never gotten arrested before. This might be the very interesting closure to a long day.”

He shakes his head, his body as stiff as his military uniform with his dark grey body armour. “I am willing to spare you this experience, milady.”

“I am not much of a lady,” I confess. “Just a fatherless child, born to a bastard daughter of House Palpatine.”

“Yet you live,” remarks Officer Cadet Kallus. “While everybody else is missing since decades.”

“You will never find their bodies. Believe me!”

“Nor do I care what happened,” he throws back at me. “Sometimes it is better to leave the past behind.”

“I am surrounded by shadows of the past all the time,” I mutter.

“You are allowed to live,” he corrects me and there is a soft undertone in his voice. “The Emperor can be a generous and forgiving man as it seems.”

I roll my eyes. “But he can be ruthless anyway.”

“Permission to speak my mind freely, milady?” Officer Cadet Kallus asks straight out.

“If you must...”

He towers above me, reminding me of Dravits once more. A friendly giant, who would do all to protect the government that he serves. Such fierce loyalty, forged in the Clone Wars already. “You are here on Lothal for a reason. Never forget that.”

“But not the reason you thought it to be,” I inquire.

“I was told to investigate in Krennic’s recent space journeys. There was an anonymous blackmail. One of my superiors at the Academy came to me one week ago and ordered me to follow the ST 149 and his owner by any means. This brought me straight to you, the piece of the puzzle that would not fit in. No matter how hard I tried.”

An idea comes to mind. “Tarkin must be really mad with Orson when he asks Yularen to spy on him.”

The shadows under his eyes darken. “There was the reproach of tax offences and the private use of military property.”

I reach up and touch his chin. “Be very afraid for your future now, Alexsandr! You have become the toy ball of mighty men. If you betray the Larking gang, you will suffer the consequences. And if you try to play games with my uncle...”

Gently, he wipes away my fingers. “I was among the first cadets to swear an oath to the Emperor. Indirectly, I swore one to you as well, even though you are a threat to him.”

My smile is sad, wistful almost. “I will ask Sheev to protect you, but I am afraid that he will fail you as much as he has failed me my entire life. His games of power and control destroy lives. He cannot help it. Like a spider he sits in the middle of a web that is not his any more, even though he has woven each thread of it. His own breed will devour him if he shows any signs of weakness.”

Chirping, Bathseba sails by and, in beautiful loops, lands on my head.

It costs me a lot of energy, to press Kallus’ blaster down with both hands.

“This is my friend. Not an enemy,” I claim, my brow sweaty. “If you learn the difference, dear Alexsandr, it might save your life one day.”

Orson finds us eating Wookie cookies and having a cup of Chandrilan tea together. “What is the meaning of this?” he thunders.

“They have sent a dispensable cadet to get killed by your ire,” I explain with no great haste. “But if you play it cool Alexsandr Kallus might become a loyal partner in crime.”

Whether the officer cadet likes my simplified explanation or not is hard to tell. He looks Orson straight in the eyes, fearless and calm.

“Whatever!” my old childhood comrade curses and slumps down on the kitchen chair I offer him.

“Have a cookie!”

Orson grabs my hands and drags me on his lap like some naughty little girl. “Ina, you could have gotten killed in my absence.”

“Silly me. I thought you and Agent Kallus here where the good guys. Imperial officers with a sense of duty and morals.”

Our brows collide with such an impact that I fear to have gotten a mild concussion just right now. “Stop playing games! This is not funny any more. Your enemies are legion.”

“Actually, I believe Tarkin to be behind today’s events. He might be under the impression that we are lovers.”

“Argh!” grunts Orson and shoves me away from his lap. Then he glares at Kallus. “What was in it for you anyway, sonny?”

“I got promoted.”

“Is that so?” I feel how Orson’s entire body tenses. “And where do your loyalties lie?”

“With the Emperor.” The officer cadet nods my way. “And this includes his niece.”

“Oh, Ina. Why do you spit this secret out like sunflower seeds?” Orson rolls his eyes. “My kill-list gets longer and longer each day.”

“If you would have listened to Alexsandr, you would understand that my secret is save with him. He hates disorder and rebellious activity as much as you do. And very much like you he has made it his life’s work to ensure stability within the Empire.”

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Intriguing conversations and revelations =D= Kallus is definitely feeling like an ally for Nagina :)

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks, WarmNyota_SweetAyesha. It helps when you are around. I will soon wrap up my story after reading this post of Ewok Poet, which made me very thoughtful about my way to wite:

This gives me a lot to think about... for the next 2 Chapters to come.

Kahara likes this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    now I know more about Kallus

Kahara likes this.
  17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    That is good to know, @earlybird-obi-wan. Because Kallus is a "Rebels" character that I have grown very fond of.

Kahara likes this.
  18. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Krennic as you portray him here is really an interesting character. On the one hand, there is no doubt that his love for Nagina is genuine and he has a good moment when he stands up to Gallius Rax who is threatening her (and Galli is a creep if there ever was one!) On the other hand, he's pathologically possessive and controlling, and there was just no other reason for his encounter with Kallus to go this way.

And now, Nagina is tangled even deeper in a web of conspiracies – her own with the pontifex, but also Rax, Tarkin, Pestage... and Sheev himself. I have a bad feeling about the line "We Naboo know what it means to sacrifice ourselves to a greater goal". This isn't going to end well.

19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @Chyntuck: Throughout the years I have met many people as a kindergarten teacher & had a glimpse into various relationships. I have chosen to portray the best & the worst for this fanfic. Besides, Ben Mendelsohn enlightens the public with his brilliant acting. And it would have been a shame to write Krennic just 2 dimensional.

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment, while I am with my Dutch husband´s family at this time of the year.

Hopefully, I will have more time & energy to comment on other people´s stories again when the New Year has dawned upon us all.

20. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Everything about this is making me worried for Nagina, but at the same time I'm eager to see how the conclusion goes. And it does seem to be approaching quickly!

Why am I not surprised that Nagina's reaction to the dreaded Kallus (even much younger) is mostly along the lines of "Aww, sweetie -- life as a minion of evil is hard. Have a cookie." [face_laugh]

And Orson does not like recent developments. Orson had fun once, and it was terrible. He is the grumpy Loth-cat of the GFFA. Though his bad mood is almost merited at this point with all the trouble that is following him and Nagina.

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @Kahara : Here is more about Orson and his moods in THIS update:

Chapter 34:

Since I have four more weeks left before the new kindergarten year starts here on Lothal, I fill out my time by taking care of my garden. This helps me to relax and concentrate fully on the concept of the Living Force. The past is unchangeable anyway. I can only learn my dire lessons. Sheev always has been a harsh teacher to me, unwillingly or not. The result is the same.

And so I dig my fingers deep into the soft soil and feel it – the light, the darkness and the balance between the two.

I plant Naboo greenery, groceries from Chandrila and also flowers from Alderaan. But there are also seeds from Corellia and Coruscant.

With a big smile I also liberate the tree that Xizor has given to me. Under my special care he thrives within several days, unnoticed by Orson.

My personal guardian angel, dressed in plain-clothes, basically hangs around in a garden chair and tries to do home office from there. Each time there is comlink call, he rushes into the cottage and locks himself up in the toilet.

It is not only Sheev who is keen on talking to Orson. Some of the members of the so-called 'Tarkin Initiative' also contact him, foremost Galen Erso and Tarkin himself.

I make a mental note to contact Dravits about it as soon as my close monitoring is less intrusive.

Asking Boba if he has made up his stubborn Mandalorian mind about the entire affair is hopeless. His denial is something that I need to respect. He thinks he owes me for what happened after the massacre in the Petranaki arena on Geonosis. Fact is that I am deeply indebted to him in return. The battle adoption works both ways.

Under the sun of Lothal I work my time away. Some times Old Jho comes over and offers a helping hand. Orson is civil enough to let him enter my property, but he listens into all our conversations.

“I am uncomfortable with this leatherneck,” he says one evening after closing the front door and locking us in.

“Orson Callan Krennic.” I put my hand on my hips. “Never use such abusive language around me again!”

“C’mon, luv!” He shrugs, looking slightly embarrassed. “He ain’t exactly a great beauty.”

“Never judge anybody by their looks!” I give to consider.

“Not even a dirty Hutt?” Orson tries to argue.

“I actually know a very cute little huttling named Rotta.”

His eyes almost bulge out of their sockets. “You are familiar with the son of the notorious Jabba Desilijic Tiure?”

“My uncle had him kidnapped by Count Dooku, hoping that I would not find out about that.”

Orson smirks. “Do I really need to know the story? Because it sounds very classified to me.”

“The truth can make you free,” I offer carefully.

He takes four large steps towards me and engulfs me in a big hug. “Nope. I like my life as it is. Since you are back in it, it is even more colourful and exciting.”

I lean my brow against his chest. “If I am that distractive, you should simply shoot me...”

One of his large hands comes down on my neck, while the other one pulls me closer against him. “Stop right here, Ina. This bantha poodoo should not leave your sweet mouth. You are life to me.”

“Your work is your life and one day it will be your undoing.”

He takes a considerate step back, fear written all over his face. “Are you threatening me?”

“You and your precious think tank folk mess around with a holy life form. Those kyber crystals are alive. There will be a reckoning.”

He raises an eyebrow and amusement floods his eyes. “Religious beliefs, even yours, will not stop the greatest project of my life .”

“Dearth of labourers and shortage of material can delay your plans,” I say with a bright smile.

The shadow of a frown mares his face. “Do not wrack your pretty head about it, Ina dear! And now let us have dinner without pointless bickering, okay?”

“I take it that Officer Cadet Kallus will not join us tonight then?” I probe.

He sighs, looking weary. “As charming as he is, no he won’t. I am afraid you have to deal with me. Sometimes the workings of this empire mystify me.”

(To be continued!)

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yay an update! I love that Nagina has her gardening to indulge in, reach a level of serenity. As always, I am amused by the give and take and interplay of words with Orson. Nagina is a sweet and radiant person but she wasn't "born yesterday" :p She knows more about the "workings and machinations" of Tarkin and others than Orson might believe. [face_thinking] :p

23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha : You make me happy about 15 minutes past midnight German time. It is always great to write Orson. Such fun! More next weekend.

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love to see Nagina in her garden. And yes she knows all about Sheev and what he is up to

Kahara likes this.
  25. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    It must be quite a relief for Nagina to have her garden to busy herself while Orson is around. She gets to do something she loves – nurture life – while gathering useful snippets of information for those who would oppose the Empire, and, as strange as she seems, she somehow enjoys Orson's company and doesn't mind engaging in a little verbal sparring to try to bring him back to his senses. Alas, she seems to believe that he still has senses, whereas we already know that he is so deeply caught up in his ambition that it will, as she tells him, be his undoing.