main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Rage of the Shadow Warriors: Honor Guard -=- (Mandos vs. Yuuzhan Vong) -=- Oct. 20th, some artworks!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Corran_Fett, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Thank you! Glad you liked it. :)

Vor'e, Ordo! :) Glad to see interest in more! :)

Aww... thanks! [face_peace] :D

Heh... glad you liked it, and yeah, you've discovered the "To be continued..." pretty well. ;)

Thank you, Kudzu! :)
    And you're 100 % correct... Rulaak Tsun will be somehow featured in the sequel. ;) Will see about latter, tho... [face_whistling]

Thanks! :)

2. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Downloaded the pdf, will try to read. I'm sick today, so who knows, but it's a goal for the day.

- Keralys

3. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Thanks, Master_Keralys! :) And get well soon. ;)

And, where are my readers? [face_worried]

4. DarthReven

DarthReven Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005
    Cool update! I'm saving the PDF version on my PC, i can see myself wanting to read it again in the future. I'm glad you're working with QM, he is quite talanted, you guys could go far together.....

5. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Thanks, man! :D And yeah, that's what methinks, too. ;)

6. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Great job ner vod. I'm gonna have to check out this new mando fic you're writing.

7. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Vor'e, Darth_Garak! :D

8. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    I got a new viggie, that plays a few months before Honor Guard, but has no real connection to it. It might have a connection to the upcoming sequel, tho.... [face_whistling]

Rage of the Shadow Warriors: Pariah

Everybody be sure to check it out! I'd appreciate a comment. :)

9. -DarkScorpion-

-DarkScorpion- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2006
    ohhhh like it man

keep sending us to more of your stuff its all VERY good

-DarkScorpion-

10. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Thank you, Scorpion! :) I'm glad you liked it.

11. Roain_Xantos

Roain_Xantos Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2005
    [face_dancing] Yay! A sequel! *goes off to read*

-Roain <><

12. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Thanks! :) But, er, where's your review? [face_thinking] :p

13. Roain_Xantos

Roain_Xantos Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2005
    [face_blush]:oops: I promise you I'm working on it! I was gone all last week, and I had to work the week before. So sorry it's taking this long.

-Roain <><

14. VIII

VIII Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2005
    Oh, I´m a little late. But anyways, great finish. I´m looking forward for the sequel..

15. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    No, that's totally fine ;). I was just kidding.

Better anytime than never! Glad you liked it, and be sure to check out my two new Mando viggies ;)

16. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
  17. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    A little bump, with some info, too:

Now that I've read A Practical Man (ebook by Karen Traviss about the Mandos' role in the YV invasion/war), I am going to go through Honor Guard again, editing a few tidbits here and there (especially about Boba Fett, how doesn't even speak Mando'a, after all), and will most likely rewrite both Prologue and Epilogue, because the Mandos have been more or less involved in the invasion from the beginning on, but at first, they were fighting on Vong side, before the Vong finally attacked them. Who wants to know the excact reasons about this can read APM or a plot summary at Wookieepedia, if interested: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/A_Practical_Man

18. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    I hate to do a quadriple post, but well... no new readers are coming, anyway... [face_worried] :(

[blockquote][u][color=#ff0000][b]ANNOUNCMENT: FINAL NOTES of [i]HONOR GUARD[/i] Revised!!![/b][/color][/u]

As I said above, I made [b]major edits[/b] to Prologue and Epilogue, plus really minor edits to the story. I'm posting Prologue and Epilogue below, as well as the download link, again (it's the same, btw). The Prologue from the first post has been replaced, btw, and the whole fic is 1,000 words longer.

[u][b]Download as PDF[/b][/u] [i](26,000 words, 61 pages in Verdana 11pt)[/i]: http://www.daves-sw-rogues.de/RotSW-Honor_Guard.pdf - (Click Right --> Save target as...)
    [/blockquote]
    [hr][b]PROLOGUE

[/b]

"Barec... something tells me I know that name," Boba Fett said contemplatively after looking up from the list of recruits volunteering for the Mandalorian Protectors, founded by Fenn Shysa and continued now by the new Mandalore, Boba Fett.

"My father was Cayne Barec, if that helps you, sir," the young recruit replied.

"Yes. Yes it helps indeed. He was a good man, your father." Boba seemed to remember back in time. "But now let's see what we have here," Fett said and looked back on the list. "I see, you are from Shogun and have made you a name as a police special forces marksman there. Your qualifications in sniper rifles are very good," he spoke up, so that the other recruits could hear him better, "but to become a real Mandalorian Supercommando, one must master every weapon and every gadget as if it was his only specialty. Since you are such a precise shot," now he spoke to young Barec again, "you will train the others in marksmanship."

"Very good, [i]Mand'alor[/i]." The only twenty-three years old recruit's voice was filled with proud. He went to the others who already had been through and waited.

It was an honor for the young Ronan Barec to serve under one of the greatest warriors and the best bounty hunter in the whole galaxy. Although Fenn Shysa, the old Mandalore, had already called for recruits, Ronan hadn't caught too much attention on it, but when Boba Fett succeeded Shysa and had visited the planets in the Mandalore Sector, calling for volunteers to join the new Mandalorian army Fett wanted to extend, Ronan had left everything behind and enrolled himself.

Ronan Barec was a tall young man, broad-shouldered and strong muscled, with a face that seemed too grim for his age. The man was a soldier and no matter to his youth he had fought many criminals and terrorists on his home world Shogun and had been highly awarded for his skills in high-ranged weapons. When serving the local police he had always had a military short haircut, but now, nearly two months after he had left the police forces, his hair was nearly shoulder-length and tousled, what made him look even more like a rogue.

With the age of 17, Ronan had joined the police and had quickly made a career into the special forces of the local police. Cayne Barec, Ronan's father, had been trainer for the Emperor's Royal Guards for the time of the New Order, and so he had been a master of several martial arts like Echani and even Ter�¤s K�¤si. He had tried to train his son in those combat arts, but Ronan had never been too interested in melee combat. He had always preferred precise high-ranged weapons like sniper-rifles, and even before joining the police, he had become a real professional in those weapons.

Later that day, Boba Fett assigned the recruits to several groups. Those who couldn't handle sniper rifles very well were assigned to Ronan; those who were not so good at explosives came to Atross, a huge Togorian, whose pelt was partially burned from detonations; and those who needed training in martial arts, like Ronan, who now regretted that he hadn't paid much attention to his father's lessons, to a small but obviously very dangerous and agile Noghri, called Kharritokh of clan Bakh'tor.

After the training-groups were assigned, Boba Fett was very content with what he had: 51 new recruits, nearly everyo

19. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    I like your fic corr'ika, though Bloodlines seems to contradict your vision, I love both, bloodlines and your take. I hope you continue your other fic projects and post them, too.

20. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Thanks, Cer'ika. :)

And, Bloodlines only "contradiction" would be the fact that Boba had only 100 commandos fighting with him, but my take is that this means 100 Supercommandos, and lots of other Mandos, non-Supercommandos. I mean, with only 100 commandos, how could they have defended Mandalore?! [face_thinking]

The fact that Boba in my story does appear to be rather competent as Mand'alor is because in APM, he still was. Only in Bloodlines he's gone further away from his culture.

21. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    Ha!

Nice catch.:D [face_cowboy]

22. jedijethro

jedijethro Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 8, 2005
    they don't have ranks exept for mandalore and secound in command :-B

23. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Wrong. There are Mando'a words for each rank, but they operate largely without the use of ranks and a closed structure. They come pretty well around without it. Also, could you please read the PDF instead of the thread? In the PDF, there are no longer ranks, and overall it's way better. But anyway, welcome to my fic, I hope you'll enjoy it! :)

I knew you'd like it! [face_mischief] [face_peace] Oh, you did get the ref on your fic in the prologue, too, didn't you? :D

24. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    Haven't read that far yet.[face_blush]

25. jedijethro

jedijethro Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 8, 2005
    wow you havn't heared about the vong do you eaven who killed the first one and if it's cannon it's realy sw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.